Welcome default now with lewis group

Sodem Hall
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was made redundant recently and as you would imagine the repayments have come last compared to mortgage etc. They havnt been paid for a couple of months and sent through the obligatory default notice (with the same errors as everyone elses) they tried phoning a couple of times which I didnt answer, but I did however send them a letter offering 100 a month till i find new job. I have heard noting about the letter I sent but have now received a demand from lewis group. I have paid over a third and it is on HP. What happens now? does this mean that the HP agreement is void and they are chaising me for the cash or is the HP agreement still active?. The car has cost me about 3500 in the last year on repairs alone and I was hoping they would repo it but now this letter has arrived. Any help appreciated.

The Lewis group is part of welcome and they work together to put as much pressure on people to pay as possible. Did your letter from TLG demand full payment?? Cos if it did I'm fairly sure that is considered as termination, but please double check with others first.

Unfortunately, as you've been defaulted you can't VT now, so basically you're stuck with the car or you can give it back and then still be liable for the remaining balance but have no car!

It's not impossible that they will repo illegally, I mean it wouldn't be the first time!!

thanks for the info, yes the demand was for full payment. Does this mean the HP agreement may now be terminated. I took mechanical insurance with the car and they have never paid out on anything and now I have been told that the warranty does not cover vehicles over 100K miles so I am being charged for insurance which is no longer valid. Any advice on next step.

Thanks

Did you have PPI? If so have you tried to claim on it??

As far as I'm aware, if they demand full payment this means the agreement is terminated as they are not allowing you any further option to pay by instalments, but please double check.

What nonsense about the mechanical breakdown insurance!! :mad: Have you got any terms and conditions relating to this??

They can't repo without a court order if you've paid more than a third, and if the agreement is terminated it means that your obligations to pay your monthly payments is gone but they will still chase you for the remaining balance :mad:

Im a litle confused because the total they are pursuing is for the balance at full term, so they are chaising for the 2 years of interest which is would be due if the loan went full term. Is this correct as if they received payment from me of the full amount now there should be an early settlement figure taking the interest into account. Sorry a bit dense when it comes to loan agreements etc. Should welcome inform me that the agreement has been terminated because at present I have no idea whether still in force or not.

Thanks

hi sodem all

was the mechanical breakdown through direct group as welcome usually use them

firstly i would suggest contacting them to confirm any insurance was in place to begin with

secondly i no doubt you will be harrassed for full payment as welcome offer very little rebate even if you settle half way through your agreement

essexboy

Yes insurance was with direct, will check whether in place or not. Does everything stack up though, faulty default, no termination notice etc. I have read other posts about chaising welcome, but this seems to be a new tactic by them.. Does this mean there is no form of redress for their errors etc. Is this the end of fighting welcome.

Thanks

I was pushed into mech insurance by dealer but ppi never came up. The car thermostat died 5 weeks after buying car and needed about £1000 of work doing to it to get it back on road. Since then i have forked out another 2k keeping it on the road. I contacted welcome to claim on breakdown insurance but they told me that it wasnt covered. I complained but needed a car so paid for myself. Since then have been told the insurance is now void as i have done over 100k miles. I have all paperwork etc, but have never received a termination letter etc. I was looking forward to a fight with them but now I fear they have bypassed the repo route.

I am going to do an HPI check on the caron thursday when I get some money, if this shows clear of HP can I dispose of the car or would you advise against this. The MOT is due soon and will cost I think a small fortune. What would you recommend as even if I could still go downthe VT route I think they will sting me for all the repairs. What is best to do.

Yes insurance was with direct, will check whether in place or not. Does everything stack up though, faulty default, no termination notice etc. I have read other posts about chaising welcome, but this seems to be a new tactic by them.. Does this mean there is no form of redress for their errors etc. Is this the end of fighting welcome.

Thanks

contact direct group i doubt they will be very forthcoming but if you do indeed have a policy you can check what dates you are covered from/to!

never an end to fighting! dont give up!

if they havent issued a 'compliant default' they have chance to issue and reissue until they do issue a compliant one if you get a termination before you get a 'compliant' default then its game over for them once they have terminated they cannot issue another default!

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

I was pushed into mech insurance by dealer but ppi never came up. The car thermostat died 5 weeks after buying car and needed about £1000 of work doing to it to get it back on road. Since then i have forked out another 2k keeping it on the road. I contacted welcome to claim on breakdown insurance but they told me that it wasnt covered. I complained but needed a car so paid for myself. Since then have been told the insurance is now void as i have done over 100k miles. I have all paperwork etc, but have never received a termination letter etc. I was looking forward to a fight with them but now I fear they have bypassed the repo route.

you at least need to be claiming back these useless insurances!

have u ever received documents and terms and conditions from direct regarding insurances?

they havent bypassed, if they have they have screwed themselves anyway and 'shouldnt' take the car they do seem awful slow to be 'lifting' the car is there a reason for this ;)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Only paperwork received was welcome booklet about mech insurance never anything from direct. The only thing I can think of why not lifting car is because i had paid more than a third?. Any ideas.

Thanks

in my opinion they dont want the car the debt is far more valuable

its not right

i bet they can sell your debt for more than they can get the for the car

subject access requst them to truly find out what they have screwed you for then go get them.

essexboy

Only paperwork received was welcome booklet about mech insurance never anything from direct. The only thing I can think of why not lifting car is because i had paid more than a third?. Any ideas.

Thanks

contact direct group if you call them they will check over the phone and send you any details (at least they did with us) so saved £10 sar fee :) defo sar welcome though!

in my opinion direct group and welcome are in cahoots

in my case direct group will send you insurance documents

the truth is in with the sar from welcome

sorry sodem hall i did mean to subject welcome not direct

beyond is correct:)

essexboy

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of responce been away for a few days. I have now done a HPI check on the car and it came back clear of finance. Its MOT is due soon and will cost a fortune, does this mean I can trade in for another car? Will this hamper my fight with welcome. I am willing to fight the debt collection co because of defective paperwork and lack of termination letter but can I still fight this if I no longer have the car. All advice welcome.

Thanks