tech guys are trying to say laptop screen was cracked on their delivery BUT THEY ARE LYING

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

i bought 2 packard bell laptops at xmas 2009 anyways a month ago 1 went funny the screen went all diff colours then went white.

anyways done the norm foned tech guys they got it picked up , 1 week went by i foned them they said waiting on a new lcd( the back or sumit not sure ).couple of days goes by i foned again,

Yes mrs smith the screen is here the engineer is working on it as we speak it will be done in couple of days ,couple of days goes by,

YES mrs smith i have spoke to the engineer and he is doing it as we speak ,HMMM i thought so i told him that was same story couple of days ago, he said I AM looking at him now and hes fixing it ,i thought ok he cant be lying (unknown the telephone operaters are NOT even in the same building as the tech guys ,i said ok how long now he said next couple of days.

AT this the other laptop occurs EXACTLY the same fault i was livid by this time,

anyways organised a pick up a week on weds ,couple of days goes by i was quiet aggitated with with the guy on the fone in the end he said, i have spoken to the engineer your laptop is fixed and we are waiting on the courier ,i thought at last so now weds they deliver ,no one home, thurs they deliver husband took the delivery and went out

i came home from work had a look at laptop OMG there was a huge crack in the screen the background all of a sudden was black (when it went for repair it was white)

i foned them and they said sorry but the screen was craked when we recieved it i was absolutly raving by now ,

they said dpd had put a note saying laptop screen damaged on pickup ,i foned dpd an there is NO record of the driver courier sending this note.

i was on the fone for almost 2 hrs fighting my case in the end i asked to speak to a mangaer which he did speak to me all he kept sayin was it was already cracked wen it got to us.

I have the engineers report here stating ALL works were carried out and ticks next to each item saying PASSED i said HOW THE HECK can 2 exactly the same laptops aquire the same fault within 3 weeks of each other, and your saying the screen was cracked. i said its impossible there has got to be a fault with the screens.

he was adament it was my fault just trying to get it into his head that 2 LAPTOPS aquire the same fault,

he said laptop was deeply scratched ,omg its still got the protective plastics on it .

i have been intouch with packard bell they are trying to help me ,

also i foned the tech guys today spoke to another guy and he agreed with me that the laptop is to be repaired,

i told him all about the lies i have been getting from diff people ,AND he even said there was nothing on the screen to verify that dpd had placed this note about the cracked screen

SO EVEN THE MANAGER IS COVERING THEIR TRACKS i have pics of before they took laptop after they sent it back pics of the report if anyone wants to see them i just hope they are going to rectify it pple please advise and help i feel like im a little fish in a big pond trying to fight the big fish :!:

Edited by shazawm
did not explain myself proper

I've had a quick read through, to break it down, you sent your laptop off for repair because of a fault with the screen going all different colours and when its come back, they've not repaired it because they say it came with a cracked screen?

Where did dpd collect it from? When they collect it they make a note electronically of any damages, particularly the screen.

If they didn't make a note at time of collection and the tech guys received it with a broken screen, then its DPD who you would claim against not, tech guys.

If they did make a note the screen was broken, its going to be difficult to prove it wasn't

Please bullet point your answer, or paragraph it.

Chris

Tech Guys

ok im sorry to say i actually made an attempt to read that

packard bell, christmas, white screen all adds upto the TJ/LJ series of laptops using the new thinner led rather than lcd screens.

these are rediculusly easy to crack even in transit, im asuming they used the pink boxes rather than the red, although the packaging is good for side knocks theres only a thin layer between the powersupply layer and the laptop layer only takes a light knock from above with those...

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

i've got nice translator program........

OMG I JUST TYPED ALL THIS OUT THEN ACCIDENTLY DELETED IT SO HERE IT IS AGAIN NOOOOOOOOOOOO

i bought 2 Packard bell laptops at xmas 2009

Anyways a month ago 1 went funny the screen went all diff colours then went white

Anyways done the norm phoned tech guys

they got it picked up ,

week went by

i phoned them they said waiting on a new lcd( the back or something not sure )couple of days goes by

i phoned again

Yes Mrs. smith the screen is here the engineer is working on it as we speak it will be done in couple of days ,

couple of days goes by YES Mrs. smith i have spoke to the engineer and he is doing it as we speak

HMMM i thought so i told him that was same story couple of days ago

he said IM looking at him now and hes fixing it ,i thought ok he cant be lying

(unknown the telephone operaters are NOT even in the same building as the tech guys ,i said ok how long now he said next couple of days ,

AT this the other laptop occurs EXACTLY the same fault

i was livid by this time,

anyways organised a pick up a week on weds ,

couple of days goes by i was quiet agitated with the guy on the phone in the end he said, i have spoken to the engineer your laptop is fixed and we are waiting on the courier ,i thought at last

so now weds they deliver ,

no one home,

Thursday they deliver

Husband took the delivery and went out ,

i came home from work had a look at laptop

[edit] there was a huge crack in the screen

the background all of a sudden was black (when it went for repair it was white)

i phoned them and they said sorry but the screen was cracked when we received it

i was absolutely raving by now

they said dpd had put a note saying laptop screen damaged on pickup

i phoned dpd an there is NO record of the driver courier sending this note

i was on the phone for almost 2 hrs fighting my case in the end i asked to speak to a mangaer

which he did speak to me

all he kept saying was it was already cracked wen it got to us

I have the engineers report here stating ALL works were carried out and ticks next to each item saying PASSED

i said HOW THE HELL can 2 exactly the same laptops acquire the same fault within 3 weeks of each other and your saying the screen was cracked

i said its impossible there has got to be a fault with the screens

he was adamant it was my fault

just trying to get it into his head that 2 LAPTOPS aquire the same fault

he said laptop was deeply scratched

omg its still got the protective plastics on it for god sake

i have been in touch with Packard bell they are trying to help me ,

ohh yea i phoned the tech guys today spoke to another guy and he agreed with me that the laptop is the be repaired

i told him all about the lies i have been getting from diff people AND the manager

so now according to him they are picking it up Thursday and he has had the problem escalated (god no’s what that means lol )he even said there was nothing on the screen to verify that dpd had placed this note about the cracked screen SO EVEN THE MANAGER IS COVERING THEIR TRACKS

i have pics of before they took laptop after they sent it back

pics of the report if anyone wants to see them

i just hope they are going to rectify it people

Please advise and help i feel like I’m a little fish in a big pond trying to fight the big fish

and while you're there get them to repair your keyboard

eye dunt tink it wurks poply

dx

• Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and while you're there get them to repair your keyboard

eye dunt tink it wurks poply

dx

Win.

Anyway, there's nothing really to assist with yet.

The techguys can't prevent transit damage, if it happens, it happens. DPD use the same packaging for every laptop and the unit is more or less surrounded in foam. Unfortunately they do have the right to fix it reguardless so they have a maximum of 28 days, minus however long they've had it originaly.

Provided dx is on hand to translate, let us know how you get on.

hi chris, renzokuken

,ok lets start again 1 phone (inbetween around 15 calls) call said YES mrs smith your laptop has been fixed and waitng for dpd to collect ,

after me recieving laptop BROKEN, tech guys said SORRY mrs smith the laptop was never repaired as it had a cracked screen when we recieved it do you all get what im saying? there all different stories

i have the relevent repair slip here, which states laptop was fixed and i have a list of all checks which the screen had a tick next to it if you need pics of reciept or of laptop before and after tech guys had it please email me your email addy

Edited by shazawm
<cr>. s added

when you go and do nice underlines and bolds and stuff why not put in a couple of 's

makes it easier to read.

at the end of the day you dont know if it was damaged in transit back to you or not?

or was it never repaired in the first place and shipped back to you with the damaged screen?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

what are s? to be honestwith you , i am complaining about the tech guys, not having an english lesson also im not here to have hasstle off you guys about my spelling e.t.c ,:rolleyes: all i want is advice ,they said it HAD been repaired , read again i have explained :confused: cheers sharon

Edited by shazawm

I've had a quick read through, to break it down, you sent your laptop off for repair because of a fault with the screen going all different colours and when its come back, they've not repaired it because they say it came with a cracked screen?

Where did dpd collect it from? When they collect it they make a note electronically of any damages, particularly the screen.

If they didn't make a note at time of collection and the tech guys received it with a broken screen, then its DPD who you would claim against not, tech guys.

If they did make a note the screen was broken, its going to be difficult to prove it wasn't

Chris

Tech Guys

hi chris,:-)

no they didnt take notes on collection, they collect from my house,

as i stated in my original message they said that they had repaired the screen.

after waiting 2 weeks for the new screen to arrive from packard bell

so to answer you it was not damaged when delivered to them

hope i have answered your questions

thanks sharon:)

Chris

Tech Guys

hi chris,

no details were taken about condition of laptop ,my husband told the courior that there was a problem with the screen.

as i said in my original message tech guys had to wait around 2 weeks for the screen (lcd)(led) to arrive from packard bell.

the tech guys themselves told me they had fixed screen (display) and were waiting on couriers to collect ,which dpd did collect and delivered 2 days later ,also as mentioned in original message

i have the paperwork here to say they repaired the machine and the check list of the quality control before they sent it back out to me

hope this clarifies everything sharon :confused:

what are s? to be honestwith you , i am complaining about the tech guys, not having an english lesson also im not here to have hasstle off you guys about my spelling e.t.c ,:rolleyes: all i want is advice ,they said it HAD been repaired , read again i have explained :confused: cheers sharon

well then you need to help us to help you!

not do what you did in your 1st msg.

how the ..can anyone understand the history of your issues if you write it like that...hence why i tried to unravel it.

thats why everyone is getting confused and you keep saying 'as mentioned in original message' as if we are trying to annoy you....

now i notice you've discovered what means / does, it's carriage return or you return key [starts a new line & can be used to put extra blank lines in] make thing a whole lot easier to understand.

last point......

this is a voluntary forum, no one HAS to help you .....

right on to the issues.

so as chris is trying to understand..........

it looks like the lappy got damaged in transit back to you following the repair.......is this what you think happened?

dx

and they

its a shame that when somebody needs help they then have to shout at the people trying to help them. shaz the people here are trying to help you in your rights as a consumer so try to relax, expain what yourself in simple terms and everybody with the knowhow will help you.that is why they log on,nobody gets paid for the help they give to you ,they only want to help.

Edited by billy bob66
me to bad spelling

well then you need to help us to help you!

not do what you did in your 1st msg.

how the ..can anyone understand the history of your issues if you write it like that...hence why i tried to unravel it.

thats why everyone is getting confused and you keep saying 'as mentioned in original message' as if we are trying to annoy you....

now i notice you've discovered what means / does, it's carriage return or you return key [starts a new line & can be used to put extra blank lines in] make thing a whole lot easier to understand.

last point......

this is a voluntary forum, no one HAS to help you .....

right on to the issues.

so as chris is trying to understand..........

it looks like the lappy got damaged in transit back to you following the repair.......is this what you think happened?

dx

ok i apologise for the way i have explained things i am new to forums :(,

i dont think you are trying to annoy me i know you are here to help people , i am so annoyed that i am typing what i am thinking, now i realise the way i have to type so you can understand me. so here i go again .

on three or four phone calls to the tech guys they told me and my husband that the machine had been fixed ,

then when i spoke to the manager and told him it was damaged, he said they hadnt even repaired it .

so to be honest i dont know i have been told that many different and same stories from so many tech guys.

hope you can understand me now

i will look forward to your comments on the subject :-)

cheers sharon

just looking back at this message it is coming up with a message sayin record your phone calls

i did tell one tech guy i was recording the phone call(but i wasnt) but he said it was illegal ? but thats a different matter entirly x

Edited by shazawm

its a shame that when somebody needs help they then have to shout at the people trying to help them. shaz the people here are trying to help you in your rights as a consumer so try to relax, expain what yourself in simple terms and everybody with the knowhow will help you.that is why they log on,nobody gets paid for the help they give to you ,they only want to help.

hia billy ,

i have appologised for my manner ,and have tried to explain in simple terms :( but all i am saying that it was not broken when i sent it to tech guys , and that they did repair it ,whereas the manager is quoting it was not repaired. thanks x

yep it seems like someone is either backtracking here or what you got told was just to keep you quiet and they had not yet repaired it and thougt they easily could, them discoverdd the screen damage in transit.

as labat says and i can concur, these screens are very fragile.

i just hope they are going to come clean , but it might be your 'claim' is now against the courier now?

dx

and they

hi chris,:-)

no they didnt take notes on collection, they collect from my house,

as i stated in my original message they said that they had repaired the screen.

after waiting 2 weeks for the new screen to arrive from packard bell

so to answer you it was not damaged when delivered to them

hope i have answered your questions

thanks sharon:)

Hello again,

DPD make a note of it electronicly and get the customer to sign for it. So it may be worth ring DPD with your job number and asking what was put down, if they say no damage to screen, then dpd may be responsible, again after confirming this go back to pc world customer services and state that dpd said the laptop screen was fine when they collected it and they will make a claim for you.

You say that you got a report back saying the screen had been replaced. If possible send me your job number and i'll verify this.

Chris

T.G

Hello again,

DPD make a note of it electronicly and get the customer to sign for it. So it may be worth ring DPD with your job number and asking what was put down, if they say no damage to screen, then dpd may be responsible, again after confirming this go back to pc world customer services and state that dpd said the laptop screen was fine when they collected it and they will make a claim for you.

You say that you got a report back saying the screen had been replaced. If possible send me your job number and i'll verify this.

Chris

T.G

hi chris

i did ring dpd and they said there was no note to say there was screen damage

BUT i will double check with my husband waht happened on the handover and contact dpd again contact them again

the report is as below i have given you a few examples below

TECH GUYS DIGITAL REPAIR CENTER:

your notebook has been repaired and the following quality assurance checks have been carried out,

then it goes on from the bios/dmi, to the lcd then general clean condition

and every one item has a tick next to it to confirm they were all in working condition

job number THE0740262

referral number 162112

im so gratefull for all your help cheers sharon ;)

Edited by shazawm

hey chris out of curiosity

i know dpd used to take a paper tally of what was with the laptop/what condition it was in etc

basicly 4 boxes

[] laptop

[] charger

[] scratched

[] cracked scree

what sort of questions do they ask on this electronic tally and where is the results of this kept, i know from people employed around various parts of the business that its not commonly avaliable anymore on the systems... i also know about various improvement to these systems is this tally coming back on as it would resolve alot of issues

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

hey chris out of curiosity

i know dpd used to take a paper tally of what was with the laptop/what condition it was in etc

basicly 4 boxes

[] laptop

[] charger

[] scratched

[] cracked scree

what sort of questions do they ask on this electronic tally and where is the results of this kept, i know from people employed around various parts of the business that its not commonly avaliable anymore on the systems... i also know about various improvement to these systems is this tally coming back on as it would resolve alot of issues

hi labrat the lady courier did use 1 of these machines,my husband just had to sign to say she collected laptop

she is coming again on weds to collect the other broken laptop

we will quiz her then

i have taken pics of this 1 ,as i did of the other laptop as evidence

its a pity the pics didnt have the dates on them .

cheers sharon;)

Chris

Tech Guys

hia chris

i know your just sumising this but ,if the screen would have been broken ,by ourselves,i would have known that the warrenty does not cover this sort of repair

i know its my word against theirs but i tell you what ,i will fight and keep fighting my corner to the very end as i know 100% that screen was intact when it left my house

cheers sharon:)

Win.

Anyway, there's nothing really to assist with yet.

The techguys can't prevent transit damage, if it happens, it happens. DPD use the same packaging for every laptop and the unit is more or less surrounded in foam. Unfortunately they do have the right to fix it reguardless so they have a maximum of 28 days, minus however long they've had it originaly.

Provided dx is on hand to translate, let us know how you get on.

hia labrat

they had already had the machine for 1 month they told me 6 weeks when i called them and complained

cheers sharon

hi all , i have just remembered a phone call to the tech guys

anothere reason they were a long time with my machine due to the tech guys being relocated.

hmm now was the machine damaged on relocation ?

im not trying to pass the buck

but i need it sorting my son needs his laptop for coursework

he was using his brothers

untill that 1 developed the same problem

hmm what to do !!

cheers once again x