I have been released from the Bear Garden to come ask advise on ESA.

SOD'EM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm all wired up now and feel stupid:mad:.

Will do as I am told though and fill in the diary I have been given to tell them any point of the day I don't feel right.:confused:

At this moment in time, that is all the time, all the day:confused:

Edited by SOD'EM

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And thank you (one and all) for your support.

I beleive the appeal can last 7-9 months and I am sorry, but at this moment in time, I can't be bothered.

A good nights sleep (if that's possible with this thing stuck to me) may be all I need. Because I aint had a proper sleep since I first went to ATOS.

For the sake of my sanity and other peeps on this site. I will do my best and battle through to win. That way, I can show people that it can (and will) be done.

God bless you all, you are all God sends (even you atheists out there;)).

I'm all wired up now and feel stupid:mad:.

What I actually meant was, I have a monitor attached to me now that has sticky things stuck all over me with wires everywhere, and it's annoying.

You probably know that anyway Bookster and was being psychastic:p.

But I am just bein a simpleton at the mo. You will have to excuse me:???:.

Wired_up_for_a_sleep_study_01A.jpg

Not really me, but that's what I feel like.8-)

Edited by SOD'EM

I would give you a hug, but did you know that you have lots of wires sticking out? (nice beard BTW) :razz:

SOD'OFF:mad::p

Bet you won't buy another ipod on ebay.... :p

Best wishes

Rae

Hmmmmmm....... I never thought about that Rae.

I wonder how much I could get for this one?

:cool::p

• 2 weeks later...
What I actually meant was, I have a monitor attached to me now that has sticky things stuck all over me with wires everywhere, and it's annoying.

You probably know that anyway Bookster and was being psychastic:p.

But I am just bein a simpleton at the mo. You will have to excuse me:???:.

Wired_up_for_a_sleep_study_01A.jpg

Not really me, but that's what I feel like.8-)

Nice robe.8)

So, have you told Luke you are his father yet? :wink:

And you may well need DLA [Care, low fat] to get help with shaving, I mean, look at that, still got a beard and all those bits of loo roll stuck all over your head and other places.:wink:

Cheers,

ThePonderer

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, a quick update.

I have received a letter from JSP which reads:-

Dear SOD'EM

About your appeal

I am writing about your letter dated (**-**-2010), appealing against a decision on your ESA.

We will look at the decision that you have appealed against and, if appropriate, we will revise the decision in your favour. In this case your appeal will lapse and will not be sent to the Tribunal Service. You can appeal against the new/revised decision if you think it is still wrong.

If we cannot revise the decision in your favour we will send your appeal letter and papers, giving our reasons and evidence for the decision, to the tribunals service. We will send you a copy of these papers.

Yours Sincerely

blah, blah, blah.

Now I class myself as having a reasonable amount of educational skills, but I can't figure out what they are actually saying. The way they have worded the letter means that it can be taken in 2 ways.

1. OK, you are now in the appeal process.

2. SOD'OFF SOD'EM:confused:

You decide

Thanks peeps, feedback muchly appreciated.

I also received a letter before I appealed stating that I am no longer entitled to ESA (hence the appeal). My usual money however went into my bank on the correct day. I am presuming that they have accepted my appeal and will pay me at the lower rate until the matter gets resolved. I will know on Monday if I get paid again. In the meantime, I will continue to provide Medical Certificates.

I just find it hard to understand their latest letter.:confused:

The letter you got basically says that they have accepted the fact that you made a valid appeal and that they will reconsider their original decision and if they revise their decision then your appeal will lapse. This is because

a) if they agree with you then you don't need to appeal any more

b) if they decide something else then your old appeal won't be relevant anymore and you can make a fresh appeal against the newly revised decision. This might happen for example when you get zero points and think you should be in the Support Group but then they revise their decision and put you into the WRA Group instead.

If they decide not to revise their decision, then your appeal automatically continues to the Tribunals Service.

If my posts have been helpful, please click the star icon and add to my reputation points. Thanks! :-D

• 1 month later...

Hi all, a long time no speak but I feel it is now time to worry.

Had to have a go on the treadmill at the hospital today but that is nothing to do with my appeal.

I have had a letter from the tribunal service to have my case reviewed by an independant panel.

Prior to this (after submitting an appeal) I had been awarded 6 points after getting an initial 0 by

ATOS. Apparently, my appeal will probably not be heard before the 1st December. I went to

my GP's for a routine appointment last Monday and because the appointment was so late in the

day, I broke down in the doctors room. My blood pressure was sky high again and he has upped

my medication again. I have had to insist on day appointments only in future until I am back to normal.

The DWP make it look as if you don't want to work or get better and just try to batter you into submission.

I have a short while to gather evidence for my case, but other than a detailed letter supplied by my GP, I can't

really think of anything else that would help. I may feel great by the time I have to face the panel, but as things

are gradually getting worse for me at the moment, I very much doubt it. I would appreciate if anyone could give

me some more support to help my case. If I feel the same as I do now, then if they say I am no longer entitled

to ESA, then I know for a fact I would not be able to go back to JSA. I just couldn't face the ridicule they put

you through every week. I would then have to rely on my father to keep me and he is disabled himself. Chances

are I will just rot away just like the DWP want you to do. That would save them a few shilling.

Enough to make you sick (not that you are well in the 1st place :p:razz:)! You're a tough cookie SOD'EM so I know you're gonna sort them. Keep your chin up and hit 'em where it hurts when the time comes!

I hate wishing hard times on people, but if they lived a week in the conditions of any of the people I've read about on CAG I'm sure they'd change their ways!

Good luck bud, keep at 'em!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I forgot to say. While I was on the treadmill, they had to stop the test half way through as my BP went to 215 over 140. They then would not let me go home for 2 hours until my BP went back to some sort of normal. My appeal for ESA is nothing to do with my heart problems. I don't even want to go there with that as they would make me go through the whole thing again and apply for ESA again. That would mean being sent back to ATOS again. What fun that would be.

ATOS are a bunch of:llama:'s (I couldn't find an ass)

And they make you feel like you're :deadhorse:.

Hi all, a long time no speak but I feel it is now time to worry.

Had to have a go on the treadmill at the hospital today but that is nothing to do with my appeal.

I have had a letter from the tribunal service to have my case reviewed by an independant panel.

Prior to this (after submitting an appeal) I had been awarded 6 points after getting an initial 0 by

ATOS. Apparently, my appeal will probably not be heard before the 1st December. I went to

my GP's for a routine appointment last Monday and because the appointment was so late in the

day, I broke down in the doctors room. My blood pressure was sky high again and he has upped

my medication again. I have had to insist on day appointments only in future until I am back to normal.

The DWP make it look as if you don't want to work or get better and just try to batter you into submission.

I have a short while to gather evidence for my case, but other than a detailed letter supplied by my GP, I can't

really think of anything else that would help. I may feel great by the time I have to face the panel, but as things

are gradually getting worse for me at the moment, I very much doubt it. I would appreciate if anyone could give

me some more support to help my case. If I feel the same as I do now, then if they say I am no longer entitled

to ESA, then I know for a fact I would not be able to go back to JSA. I just couldn't face the ridicule they put

you through every week. I would then have to rely on my father to keep me and he is disabled himself. Chances

are I will just rot away just like the DWP want you to do. That would save them a few shilling.

Phew, what was that song that accompanied him & his party into power - 'Things can only get better'?

Whatever happened?

I am sorry that you are finding yourself in this situation. The point of this posting is really to let you know that it is highly unlikely that your appeal will be heard by December. I had my medical result / appeal lodged in Jan and a few weeks ago after telephoning for an update, was told that it would be at least March 2011 before it will be heard!!

The stress has been enormous and after hearing that unwelcome news I 'politely' told the Tribunal & DWP literally were they could put my appeal!!

On JSA now, hoping and praying that a job doesn't come up although I have to go through the motions of applying for them.

Anyhow good luck