• Tweets

• This is the entrance until recently.   Is this place near you?  Would it be easy to go back and take photos of the signs as they are now, especially at the entrance? Arndale entrance.pdf
    • well 10/10 for opening a parachute account and stopping LLoyds dipping into your meagre income.   who are moorcrofts stated client please on their letters?   as for cabot, send them a CCA request when did you take this card out please?    
    • Yes it is the Arndale. Until 2018 it had always been free to park there then they introduced charges. I'm guessing the carer might have thought it was still free for 3 hours. 
    • I sold an item on ebay through their bidding system, ebay recommended I use PackLink as a delivery service so I did. I dropped the item at a local shop and video tapped the item being taped in the parcel with the label stuck on. The parcel was scanned and approved awaiting to be collected by somebody from Hermes The person collected this parcel later that same day (both events are recorded on hermes tracking website) and the tracking did not update past that point. I contacted Ebay, PackLink and made attempts to contact Hermes the following day to trace the parcel, and it took PackLink 6 working days to establish that the parcel was 'lost'. Hermes contact was appalling as it is automated (live chat and phone) and when I could get through, their automated system stated that due to the label being from PackLink, all issues are with them. Once the parcel was lost, I was told to write up a claim form, for PackLink which I did so. They initially offered me £25 + label cost, which I told them I reject through email. They then refunded me both amounts despite me rejecting this.   It took 6 working days for them to admit a problem and to send me that amount despite my rejection.   I found this companies house number for PackLink: 09026541   That claim form you have linked me is for people who have a claim against them, is this the right link (it asks me questions such as if I received notice from the creditor, why I ceased payments etc)   Thank you for the assistance.   I have just checked today and it says:   HERMES PARCELNET LIMITED filed an acknowledgment of service on 19/10/2020   The claim was submitted by me on the 12th.   Am I able to PM you privately with my claim form?  
    • Is this the Arndale?  On Google Maps it seems the only multi-storey in the area, and it's "managed" by ES Parking.  I see that there were recently three hours' free parking.  As dx says, that will be on the planning permission which immediately knocks the fleecers' claim out of the water.   Plus, love to see them pursue someone for driving who can't physically drive!
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Central Ticketing Fine, Moorgate, Bury

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3465 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Think i will call them mysel and ask what law ?

Will let you know how i get on ! lol

I've also contacted the BPA to ask the same question, and why at least two of their members (Central Ticketing and Euro Car Parks) are pretending to be some sort of official body with the same status as a council or the police. Euro's notice reads "Unauthorized Removal or Interference is Prohibited"

Notice to those people who put advertising flyers on cars - If you put the magic words ""It is an offence for an unauthorised person to remove or interfere with this notice" then you can prosecute anybody who removes or "interferes" with your lovely adverts!

One good point is to ask will they pay the Police fine for driving with an obstruction adhered to the outside of the vehicles windscreen and clearly in the line of sight?

Mine was stuck dead in front of the divers seating position; so, I suppose I should really have had the vehicle lifted on to a towing unit, then taken home and deposited on my drive......If I was being really picky....;)

I would be interested, under the Freedom of Information Act, to see if they had any prosecutions for removal of a ticket? Anyone tried the FOIA with them yet? :!:

• 4 months later...
hi, i got a ticket from the same place and for the same reason about 5 weeks ago, were not paying it, just wondering if there started chasing you about the ticket you got.

i have had tickets from this shower in the past, do what everyone says and ignore them.

i am going to my doctors on Tuesday and will be parking on moorgate so hopefully i'll get another.i just love the sad attempt to try and make me pay, sad acts they are:lol::lol::lol::lol:

sorry to say but yes they do send out begging letters, and very well worded letters.

just remember though theses people are con artists so don't pay them.

ignore all the junk they send you and don't worry it will all go away.:-)

• 1 month later...

Hi I have just received a 'parking charge' at Moorgate retail park, Bury, .I parked up at 12;15, used curry's and left the car park, i returned to my car within the 2 hours free parking time and the ticket was issued to me at 12;24. only 9 minutes after I parked the car! its from CPS-concept parking services and looks like a receipt. They want me to pay £65 in 14 days or £100 in 28 days,if i do not pay within 14 days they will add £150 to 'cover administration costts'. I havnt done anything wrong, I always park here and will continue to do so, is this the same kind of ticket everyone else has got and do I ignore it ??

Thankyou

In a word "yes"

Thankyou, i was fuming when I got it, how on earth can they give me a ticket after 9 minutes of parking for 'abusing patron parking' , it doesnt state anywhere that you cant leave the car park, im still angry!!

well thats a surprise, where have central ticketing gone? they used to give out shredded bedding for my rabbit hutch.

just take the advice on here and ignore all the begging letters that you get, or better still shred it and and use it as pet bedding.:lol::lol:

• 3 months later...

update on ticket i got last september, not had any more letters since end of november, i parked on moorgate again today and walked off the carpark even though i saw the parking attendent walking round putting stickers on cars, when i came back i did'nt have a ticket, i was so looking forward to getting one aswell, as i waited in my car eating chips i watched the parking attendent put a sticker on another car, them wanderd off within 5 minutes the owners of the car came back and saw the ticket, so i told them about not paying and its a [problem] and were to get help about not paying it, there were very appreciative off the good news, spread the word of these ****** cowboys.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Why are you asking the same question on several threads? As I have already said, there is no "problem" if you ignore these silly demands.

when i was on the carpark yestarday i notice the carparking warden was also taking pictures of the car with the ticket he just put on it, i prosume then is a new tactic to scare the driver to pay up, because i did'nt get ant picture sent to me when i got a ticket.

when i was on the carpark yestarday i notice the carparking warden was also taking pictures of the car with the ticket he just put on it, i prosume then is a new tactic to scare the driver to pay up, because i did'nt get ant picture sent to me when i got a ticket.

Not really. Don't forget they will send the picture to the registered keeper who may not have been the driver.

• 1 month later...

carpark moorgate bury.jpg

Moorgate carpark bury, lancashire, comet and halfords carpark, parking warden outside KFC, RED 4 door fiesta, registration number, YP02 XJY, just got a ticket, not paying, il just wait for all the begging letters from them, then i'l shread them and let my pet hamster poo on them.