HFC account settled with experian?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3934 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello All

I have checked my credit report and it states the my HFC account is settled, but the last statement has an outstanding balance of over £1600!!???

I have asked experian to check and the have confirmed the account being shown as settled, but they are checking with HFC.

I check at the start of the year and the account was show active with regular payments.

But it is strange!!!

Any Thoughts on this?

Cheers

PPI vs HFC - ongoing

PPI vs Crap 1 - ongoing

PPI vs Halifax one card - WON

CPW- ongoing to remove default :mad:

Not really but keep an eye out for any follow up and if you get any threatening letters or calls point out the issue of the balance being cleared.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Had the following response off experian:

Thank you for your emails, which we received on 18 and 21 May 2010.

RE: HFC Bank plc account started 29/10/07.

- I can confirm that this HFC Bank account is marked as settled on 16/12/08 and shows a £0 balance.

- The credit limit shown is purely historical information. Please be assured that anyone searching your report will see that as the account is settled, you no longer have access to this credit facility and therefore this account has no adverse effect on your credit rating.

- Please accept my sincere apologies for any confusion caused by my colleague's previous correspondence as this account should not have been queried with HFC Bank plc as it is correctly recorded.

- We keep settled accounts on your credit report for six years from the date of settlement.

Where would i stand if i stop payments to HFC??

Cheers

PPI vs HFC - ongoing

PPI vs Crap 1 - ongoing

Has anyone got any views on this, or has it happened to anyone?

I want to write HFC a letter with a copy of the email from experian to say' as experian have my account as settled then i shall cancel my DD and consider the account closed'?

Many Thanks for any comments

Zoommjpzoom

PPI vs HFC - ongoing

PPI vs Crap 1 - ongoing

Hi All,

Had the following response off experian:

Thank you for your emails, which we received on 18 and 21 May 2010.

RE: HFC Bank plc account started 29/10/07.

- I can confirm that this HFC Bank account is marked as settled on 16/12/08 and shows a £0 balance.

- The credit limit shown is purely historical information. Please be assured that anyone searching your report will see that as the account is settled, you no longer have access to this credit facility and therefore this account has no adverse effect on your credit rating.

- Please accept my sincere apologies for any confusion caused by my colleague's previous correspondence as this account should not have been queried with HFC Bank plc as it is correctly recorded.

- We keep settled accounts on your credit report for six years from the date of settlement.

Where would i stand if i stop payments to HFC??

Cheers

Write to HFC and get clarification on the alleged balance outstanding.

Then once you have received this and if it is showing money owed challenge the bank with the experian result showing no balance and ask them for a full explanation of the difference in the figures.

You should though check through all of your HFC statements and if you do not have them send a Subject Access Request asking for them so you can check out the alleged balance of £1600.

I cannot offer advice on where you would stand if you stopped payments to HFC but I would advise you to get copies of all the paperwork before you take any action.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Many Thanks for the reply aa, will write to them for an explanation.

Cheers

PPI vs HFC - ongoing

PPI vs Crap 1 - ongoing