Creditexpert - security

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently set up with creditexpert which has proved quite usefull to monitor the various goings on.

We have experienced a big upsurge in calls from debt management companies etc, which was to be expected as Experian let anyone and their dog to trawl their files at will.

More sinister, last week fraudulent attempts were made to set up telephone banking for both our accounts. The attempts failed as the banks concerned insist on sending the codes to the account holders address.

Info asked when setting up telephone banking is account details and dates of birth. If you gained access to my desk draw you would get that info however, at the same time you would have made off with the chequebooks so wouldn't seem much point.

The other obvious holder of the information on both of us is Experian.

I am not suggesting that Experian could be behind it. I am starting to wonder about their security however, or am I being paranoid?

David

I thought Experian was a reputable company, but they have debited my account a couple of days after subscribing to their "free" (heavily advertised on TV) credit report.

Have Googled 'creditexpert [problem]' and it seems I have been conned and shall be charged every month now.

I know....mea culpa, caveat emptor et al but any idea how to stop these [problematic] short of changing my bank?

Vandermerwe

Trouble with Credit Expert is its not a direct debit payment, its debited to your debit card, so you can't just cancel it like you would a direct debit. You have to ring and tell them you want to cancel your subscription. We have done this with DH's so will let you know whether or not they take a payment out at the end of the month....for their sake I hope they don't :D