Specsavers-incompetent eye tests have damaged my sight

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For the last 4 years I've had my eyes tested by Specsavers. I wasn't happy with their last test as it lasted less than 10 minutes so I made an appointment with a local independent opticians. They were so astounded by the initial results (difference between current prescription and theirs) that they asked me to come again a week later to be retested using special anaesthetic drops which give very detailed results. I have been partially blind for the last 3 hours until the drops wore off as they paralysed the eye muscles leaving just my eyesight to let me see and needless to say I struggled! It turns out Specsavers have been undercorrecting my eyesight by over two thirds and have ultimately damaged my eyesight permanently and given me a permanent eye muscle condition as the muscles have been doing most of the work. I am not at all happy about this and want to know if there is anything that can be done. At the very least I will be making a formal complaint as this should never have been missed. I am quite simply long sighted, nothing fancy but in their mad rush to get customers in and out they havent properly tested my eyes. Looking back at previous prescriptions by other opticians from the last decade it is only Specsavers who have made this mistake. Not once but twice.....

What do you think I should do?

• 1 year later...

You can make a complain at the Specsavers HQ in Guernsay. Specsavers Opticans are run as franchise so if you are looking for better results you can complain to General Optical Council online, or by post

Fitness to Practise Team

General Optical Council

41 Harley Street

London

W1G8DJ