style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everybody

Just a question which is really worrying me. From your experience how likely is it for a creditor to issue/start a CCJ while you are on a dmp ?

I have Just started my dmp and have made my first payment to my creditors to date this is what has happend.

MBNA REJECTED £1900 Payment £ 30.17

Natwest Credit Card Accepted £1867 payment £ 29.38

Natwest Loan Pending £13,000 payment £ 216.99

Natwest overdraft Pending £2,500 payment £ 40.75

Argos Pending £1,200 payment £ 16.47

Cahoot Pending £968 payment £16.24

From the above information do you think my other offers will be accepted ?

Also with regards to a CCJ will my work find out, as they this may loose me my employment.

Also what happens with a CCJ What do i need ere to provide to the court I pressume bank statements and payslips is there anything they request

The only reason i ask all these questions is, my case officer from playplan called me tonight to introduce herself and said a ccj is likely and now im really worried. I thought that if you were trying to pay and never missed a payment the creditiors would be happy, but i guess im wrong. Also with interest what are peoples experiences on creditors freezing this from the list i have given above ? My dmp is due to last for 5 years on the grounds that all creditors freeze intrest, now im worried it will go on forever if this does not happen. also how long does a CCJ take from start to finish to get you in court ??. I so thought i was doing the right thing to start this dmp, but now this woman called im not feeling so confident.

Please help guys

thanks

Hi, it is still very possible for your creditors to take legal action such as issue a CCJ in a DMP, as this is not a legally binding agreement. However, if you do get issued with these proceedings it is a lot easier to sort out with you being in a DMP, as they will be able to negotiate with the creditor/court on your behalf to arrange a repayment (most companies are happy to continue accepting the DMP payment as their CCJ payment). It depends on the creditors, however, with you having 4 pending creditors, 3 of whom you owe smaller amounts to, I cannot see them turning the offer away, however if you are anxious, call your DMP company and they will chase them up for you.

I am with Payplan DMP too, and was made aware of my approximate repayment period in the DMP, but I am aware that this is presuming all charges are frozen which they are sometimes not guaranteed to be. The important thing to think about is that most creditors agree to freeze interest and charges, as Payplan have a good success rate in this area, however if they dont, you would be making payments to them anyway and keeping them at bay. Your repayment period is likely to be longer, but if this worries you, you can come out of the plan at any time. i.e if you earn more money, have less expenses and have more money to offer your creditors, an Iva may be an option for you with Payplan in a few years time, if you still feel you are not getting anywhere.

I think your case officer just needs to make you aware of what could happen, but they have been really good in dealing with my correspondnece when it comes along, and they have a special legal department who completes all your CCJ forms on your behalf, so you dont have to worry as much. I hope this helps :) Stay positive - at least you are sorting your finances and paying back what you can afford. x