• Tweets

• Summary of Camerons being pulled up before the school board for getting caught:   1. He wanted to work for a fintech rather than a bank, but none of either would have him so he went to work for Greensill   2. Yes he lobbied desperately for taxpayer and NHS money while the firm was collapsing, but he was refused - so no fault eh?   3. Would he do something different? - yes he would have picked a wind and piss ponzi company that would pay him loads of money that wasn't quite so close to collapse so his lobbying would have more time and the issues be less obvious.
    • I've suggested twice that you list up the items which were damaged and costs and so far you haven't done that. I'm not sure why not. In terms of the liability of the gardener, it seems to me that there is a (negligence) duty of care owed by the person who was on your roof and I don't think there is any problem in establishing that. The fact that you are in Scotland doesn't pose any special difficulties – although in terms of the court procedure for this, this is something that I'm not especially clear about and frankly I think this website is a little weak on Scottish procedure. However, we will help you and it seems to me that your action is definitely against the gardener/person who was on your roof. In the event that you won't able to enforce the judgement against that person then I don't think they would be much difficulty in enforcing the judgement against the insurer because under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 you enjoy third-party contractual rights unless they are expressly excluded by the insurance contract – and that is unlikely to be the case here. I think the first thing to do would be to establish the liability of the gardener. Once the gardener realises that you are going to be pushing ahead with this claim, I would imagine that they would refer to their insurer pretty quickly. Of course that won't necessarily solve matters. You will find that dealing with the insurer is a slow business and they will try to reduce the size your claim – but we will help you deal with them as well. No point in standing any nonsense from an insurance company.
    • Thanks for replying.    I am still making a £1 a month payment on the Loan to Sainsbury's - do I stop that now?  The £1 a month payment on the Credit Card Sainsbury's stopped taking so that has ceased.  What can happen if I stop the £1 a month payment on the loan?  Are Arrow Sainsbury's in disguise, I ask that because my SO is still to Sainsbury's not Arrow.   I suspect they havent got the documentation and all the latest letter was was an attempt to get my email address, so, no, I wont be supplying Arrow with that.
    • Must be done by way of an application with fee but it wil bel pointless making that application on the same day due as they will always allow leniency to a certain degree.   Best to check with your court say Monday and see if they filled with them and by which time they may have served you also.   Andy
    • Hi all,   I'm looking for a bit of advice please. I am yet another person who has fallen victim to Packlink / Hermes losing my package. I sold an Xbox One S through eBay for £166 on the 25th of April and it was collected from the Parcel shop on the 26th. The only time it was scanned was on collection, it doesn't even look like it made it to a depot. I didn't pay the extra insurance through Packlink and I've been refunded £25 even though I refused to accept that amount from Packlink, I asked Packlink to give me a full breakdown of the investigation from Hermes for their declaration of lost and they've just stopped responding to me. I have been trying for days to get someone from Hermes to speak to me, I've emailed the CEO, emailed Hermes Support, started a case on Resolver and nothing, I haven't been able to get a single response from anyone. I've seen the advice on various other posts about going down the legal route which I'm more than happy to do, but I can't even get a response from them. Can anyone give me a bit of advice as to how to even get in touch with them?   Thanks toys
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 33 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

• Recommended Topics

swift advances..got my info back..now what?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

thanks for reading this , was wondering if anyone could help with this one?

Sent S.A.R. to swift they replied within a couple of days, sent another letter stating they had left out certain bits of data, again they response was very quick but the main info im looking for still isnt there?

Basically im looking for the amount we paid to them as part of an early redemption /settlement figure.

Both my wife and i know we paid around £4/5500k due to this when we remortaged we couldnt afford to pay off all our debts.

Swift, up until now have been very quick with both replies, but im wondering if this wil change if i approach them again?

On the actual charges it shows:

Redemption admin fee £165

Sealing/discharge fee £95

Checking/releasing deeds fee £95

and then the final balance

Am i missing something here? i just cant seem to grasp the concept here, the figure we paid to them, we know, did involve an ESF/ERF or penalty, whichever way you look at it, but i cant seem to find it.

Any help appreciated

Thanks in advance

It is normal with Swift to pay 6mths interest as a redemption charge within the first 4yrs.

It will not be listed as a redemption charge but will be listed as interest.

They also impose a lot of other charges if you were in arreas that should be able to be reclaimed.

Paul cheers for the reply mate,

would you or "anyone " else mind taking a look at the list if i email the copies over??

no probs if you dont feel like doing it mate just thought i would be cheeky and ask ?

• 3 weeks later...

Do i send them a non complience letter?

in the info which they have supplied (and were quick to do) it gives the basic figures at the end but only the final settlement figure, there is no mention of and early settlement figure just the balance.

Wife and I know they charged an ERC..just cant see where it is from the info given?

Anyone fancy taking a look for me!!!

All the best...heeeeeeelp!!!

Do i send them a non complience letter?

in the info which they have supplied (and were quick to do) it gives the basic figures at the end but only the final settlement figure, there is no mention of and early settlement figure just the balance.

Wife and I know they charged an ERC..just cant see where it is from the info given?

Anyone fancy taking a look for me!!!

All the best...heeeeeeelp!!!

Yeah can you scan it - PM if you like and I 'll see what I can make of it. if you want e-mail let me know and i'll pm you with it.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

• 1 month later...

Anything happened here as Im going for swift too

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

Hello Isiris

well this is the state of play today.

ive been incommunication via letter with their complience officer Mr Richard Nettlingham, since after posting the original thread.

His last letter to me stated that he would get back to me by 14 10 06 but in my previous letter to him i stated that they had unitl the 05 10 06, so when the 06-10-06 came i hadnt heard anything i posted the LBA.

So i am now waiting for the reply from that.

But will keep you updated on the replies i get and if there is something of interets i will post it in this thread.

All the best, and stick by your timelines, is the advice ive been given?

Feeling

I stick to timelines just like the banks do

If they say they will deduct charges on 1st of the month, only fair I issue court papers when I say i will

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

Hi feelingfine,

You have been more than reasonable time-wise, so i'd get cracking as they seem to be stalling you. Don't be put off - it's your timetable, not theirs!

Good Luck :)

--------------------------------------------------------------

HSBC

Settled in FULL on 8/8/06 - £3619.53

:D

CAPITAL ONE

Settled in Full on 6/9/06 - £84.76

ABBEY NATIONAL (Old N&P Mortgage)

Settled In Full on 2/3/07 - £307.13

SPML

*Court Case Withdrawn - family illness*

MORTGAGES PLC

*Court Case Withdrawn - family illness*

• 1 year later...

Any progress on any Swift chasers ??

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

• 1 month later...

I know of 2 cases finishing regarding swift ss v swift and mrsfoot v swift

All advice is based on my experiences. I am NOT qualified and as such cannot be held responsible for any mistakes. If in doubt...get professional help.

If you like what i have said then make me a star!!

Some helpful links

I have been successful in many cases..here are links to some

Housing Act and deposits: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?266260-Deposit-being-withheld.-Please-advise&highlight=

Against Natwest: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?278646-N-west-v-Mrsfoot-s-Son.-***WON_ALL-CHARGES-REFUNDED***&highlight=

Against Swift Advances: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?46576-Me-V-Swift&highlight=

Against B&Q: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?172878-Me-vs-B-amp-Q&highlight=