style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Some of you will remember me from 18months ago when I went B/R...Well to cut a long story short I was discharged in November 2009...BUT since then I have received numerous debt letters/demands etc from some of the creditors LISTED in my B/R???? However I did send them to my Official Receiver with a letter of complaint that these letters were upsetting me still.

I have had one bank (the one I was using until my B/R) still chase me for an overdraught of £109.00?? This was the account I surrended to my Official Receiver, cutting ALL the cards for and sending them as requested.

And another one of my debts are STILL harrassing me for payment-even though all my debts were put onto my B/R as advised by my financial advisor from C.A.B at the time.

What am I doing wrong here??? I thought that once you declared all debts onto a B/R the debts are cancelled??? Can someone advise me here please, because I am receiving these letters more frequently nowadays.

I have not done anything to my credit file or even looked at it. Can theses debts be passed over to other people to collect?? I would also like some help with a letter of complaint to my Official Receiver as it appears that my B/R was NOT handled correctly.

I cannot understand why this is happening and yet I followed my financial advisor and my O/R to the letter and told the truth on all my forms...PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN. I am at my wits end with all of this....apologies for rambling on but it is upsetting me still. Thank you.

Sugarbabe x

Hi there

I know that all debts are supposed to be written off in your bankruptcy, especially when you have been discharged. However, I would have done the same as you - forward all correspondence onto your official receiver to deal with and any phone calls you receive, direct onto your official receiver. Maybe worth visiting your local court or CAB for more information on this. If you look at your credit file, the debts should be satisfied, so this may be worth looking into, and if your debts are still listed as outstanding, forward this as well.

Why not simply ring the bank and ask why they are still chasing despite it being in your bankruptcy. The OR's job is to send a report to creditors which they will hav done, therefore your beef is ont with the OR but with the bank, ask why, sometimes it is as simple as something ticked wrong on a computor, if you get no joy, go to the regulator

Thanks for the replies all :) I am just waiting for my credit files to be posted to me and then if anyone can advise me what I need to do when I get them I would be very grateful. Equifax & Experian did tell me that they had no knowledge of my B/R???

This is a nightmare to do myself and I am worried that I am still getting threatening letters from the debts on my B/R!!

Thanks again for helping me and I will keep you posted and be back when I receive my reports (hopefully in the next couple of days!)

Sugar x x:)

Hi all -UPDATE - Received my equifax report tonight when I returned home from work!! OMG....it is soooo confusing, traces all over the place, defaults all over the place...balances showing...ALL these were put into my B/R for goodness sake...I am beginning to feel very stressed again and just do not know what to do. Please could anyone here advise me...thank you.

Do I write to each debt or just to equifax to correct all this?? Am at a loss here.

Sugar x x:confused:

Hi Sugarbabe47

Dont stress. They are not coming to get you. I get chased by creditors included in my BR. I just laugh at them.

It would seem that the Insolvency Service have overlooked contacting people you owed money too. I stress owed, because now you owe them nothing.

I dont have a definitive answer as to what you should do. What i would do is contact the Insolvency service for advice.

Dont worry, you will be fine.