Pls Help Potential Repo Again For Survivor_13... Mars Capital

angel_1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya all

previous thread is on

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/repossessions/193647-help-notice-eviction-received.html?highlight=survivor_13

However, survivor is coming to my home soon this morning and the text message i got was a bit broken up so am posting what ive understood, soon as she is here i will definately confirm all below again but for now hope this starts the ball rolling and makes sense! cheers

we had got it to a point that the DWP are paying the interest as partner of survivor is still unemployed

but now a bombshell letter again from the mortgage company

basically

Survivor's partner is unemployed, the mortgage only in his name,

The DWP pay the mortgage interest.

They have recently received a letter saying from effect from the 1st of June mortgage is being put back to a capital repayment mortgage - Mars say having reviewed the mortgage, they had agreed as a temporary affordability measure to switch the account from repayment to interest only for a period of 6 months( we have searched SARS unable to find any evidence of this and cannot recall receiving any letter seperatly). As the 6 months have now passed the account will revert to capital repayment on 1.6.2010. (( this will take the mortgage from 741.00 to a staggering amount of 1300.00 - which is clearly unaffordable as being unemployed as they are aware))

There is 20 years left on the mortgage, and they are needing to know if there is any endownment policy on the mortgage, which there isn't as cannot afford it at present.

Can they do this?? what can we do?? can we get the DWP involved in anyway???

would appreciate your guidance as clearly this will then start us being in arrears hence potential repossesion again.

This is impacting on us seriously again, as thought we had situation under control again.

Look forward to hearing from you soon cheers survivor and angel x

Edited by angel_1

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

hiya anyone can offer any help pls for survivor?

cheers angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

hiya newstarter thanks for the reply

i will see what survivor confirms and type up later cheers for now angel x

hiya newstarter

ive linked the thread that we first had the repossesion info and actions and court appearances on

the last court appearance survivor lost it and had tried to get an agreement to pay off the arrears or get them added to the mortgage amount but the judge dismissed it, they went to appeal and that was lost too thus she had to beg borrow and pay off the amount of the full arrears and thus no agreement was discussed as she had lost the cases as such and the mortgage company went out to totally evict them,

im not sure if this helps to explain it, i was actually with her at the appeal processing with her solicitor but the judge went with the other side

therefore this letter of theirs i believe its a tactic to force them into a situation that they will get into arrears again and thus having another pop at them to evict them if they dont pay what the mortgage company will surely state that the diff between interest only to repayment amount if not paid as partner is out of work and of course the dss is paying only the interest only, the amount will of course be considered as arrears

However, they have not had a letter and of course is not in the sars info neither, i think its a pure tactic to force them into arrears again just my gut feeling here but how can we force them to produce the letter they say they sent ?>

cheers for now once survivor has her pc up and running will get her to update in her own words too

have fun angel x

Hi

This company are a pain they are just not into helping anyone other than them self, we have been to court 5 times with this company and they have only had our mortgage since June 2009. We have not missed or been late on one single payment the whole time.

Have a look at my thread it may help as their are two people who helped me with advice on this company.

all the best

welshmishy

Hiya,

Thanks for your help. Im trying to get a letter together and was wondering legally if they could do this ie. switch to repayment from interest only knowing the mortgagee is unemployed. im in the process of getting a letter together to post tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated.

Onlyme are you able to offer any advice as we are aware of the capabilities of this company. Hope your well. Take care

thanks survivor

Hi

Try to find Mr Mcdonnell some where on here he knows loads about Oakwood homeloans who sold us to Mars capital and he knows a bit about them too. He has helped us loads with Mars.

all the best

Hi

Try to find Mr Mcdonnell some where on here he knows loads about Oakwood homeloans who sold us to Mars capital and he knows a bit about them too. He has helped us loads with Mars.

all the best

hiya welshmishy thanks have subbed to your thread too and have sent Ell-en a quick message as she helped us lots last time with the court action

cheers to all

hiya Ell-en

hope you got my message and if anyone can alert Ell-en we would really appreciate it, will log in a bit later cheers angel for survivor

Hi there, did you receive anything in writing from the mortgage company stating that the conversion to interest only was just for six months? If not you need to write to them advising that you were unaware it was only for 6 months.

In the meantime - have you considered applying for the Mortgage Rescue Scheme? Frequently asked questions about the Mortgage Rescue Scheme - Housing - Communities and Local Government if you get in touch with Shelter they will be able to help with an application.

• Haha 1

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi there, did you receive anything in writing from the mortgage company stating that the conversion to interest only was just for six months? If not you need to write to them advising that you were unaware it was only for 6 months.

In the meantime - have you considered applying for the Mortgage Rescue Scheme? Frequently asked questions about the Mortgage Rescue Scheme - Housing - Communities and Local Government if you get in touch with Shelter they will be able to help with an application.

Thank you so very much Ell-en, that is fab info above, we have searched the sars info and all paperwork received and cannot find any paperwork to alert us that this was only going to be for 6 months thus we will write to them tomorrow regarding this,

also i personally not aware of the mortgage rescue scheme, it will be followed up by survivor also tomorrow, and yes shelter were very understanding on the day of the eviction over xmas, so again huge thanks

we will update you of course with our results, nite nite cheers angel and also on behalf of survivor:)

hiya all

still unable to find any letters advising it was a temporary affordability arrangement for 6 months to change from repayment to interest only.

My concern is nothing has changed - because im still unemployed and my financial situation has not changed and they are aware of this. so how can i fund or pay this extra amount with effect from 1 june 2010.

I just need to know can they force this change knowing my situation ?

letter sent as ellen advised today, but the above concerns me.

cheers survivor and angel x

• 6 months later...

hiya ellen and all

if you can help pls, now have another problem done on the below thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?284774-help-jsa-mortgage-interest-support

the dwp who are paying the interest on the mortgage have now written to me on the above thread

could really do with some help and also from anyone who has had dealings with mars capital/victoria asset management to read my threads pls

i feel even now mars are still trying to get the house from me, i want to write to whoever i can to tell them of the unethical way they are persuing me after even the arrears were paid by relatives and am in credit

i want them to be investigated.

what do you all suggest and any letters i can write from any examples you can show me

cheers survivor

Edited by survivor_13

Hi survivor

have you taken it to the FOS as we took a complaint to them for mars and they are looking into it, it has been going on for over a year now and we are waiting for their reply and outcome of our case.

Mars have since left us alone for now.

hope this helps

welshmishy

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya Welshmishy n All,

Sorry for delay in responding, just have so many loose ends to tie up before the end of the year and Mars Capital is one of them. Similarly to yourselves our case is with the FOS since March this year and we are still waiting for a reply.

Got a letter beginning of November to say they are stilll investigating and will contact us as soon as possible with the outcome.

I cannot wait to be in a position to re-mortgage and get rid of them - THEY ARE A HORRID COMPANY

I will send a further letter to the FOS highlighting the problems we are encountering and all the unethical ways in which they are pursuing us.

Thanks will let you know if i hear from the FOS.

Kind Regards

Survivor