Hillesden have no CCA - House move

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

My debt of approx £700 pounds was sold by Abbey to Hillesden Securities. This is my only debt as I have paid everything else I owe and made an F&F settlement on my o/d.

For over 7 months I have been sent letters saying that they will hold all action until a CCA for my account is found.

I am about to move house. I am certain they will not produce a valid agreement but feel that informing them of my change of address will make them more eager to try to get payments from me as they may see this as admitting liability.

If I do not inform them when I move what will happen?

I also recently married so that the debt is in my previous name.

You can have mail redirected for up to a year.

If they haven't contacted you within that time I doubt they ever will, but if you don't collect your mail somehow they may be able to obtain a CCJ by default and then you would have the cost and trouble trying to get it set-aside.

How could they apply for a CCJ if the do not have a valid agreement? They have been sending the same letter for seven months and have not been able to produce one. I don't want to set the six year clock ticking again by contacting them.

You can have mail redirected for up to a year.

If they haven't contacted you within that time I doubt they ever will, but if you don't collect your mail somehow they may be able to obtain a CCJ by default and then you would have the cost and trouble trying to get it set-aside.

After the year you can renew it for another year if you wish

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

If you forward you mail using Royal Mail, or have it re-directed to your new address, Royal Mail automatically inform the Credit Reference Agencies of your new address, and that of any pursuing DCA, so have your mail redirected for six months, then if they obtain a CCJ by default, your defence will be that they were fully aware of your new address as they will have been informed of it via Royal Mail, thus getting it set aside.

The article reports that Experian Corp. has installed Royal Mail Inc.'s new Redirect Check service across its range of authentication and fraud prevention solutions. Experian has been working closely with Royal Mail to enhance its Detect product as well as its identity authentication solutions. There are over 1.3 million redirections in place with the help of the Royal Mail's redirection service. These and all new redirections are now loaded onto the Royal Mail Redirect Check service, a complete database of all addresses from which mail is being redirected.

Encyclopedia - Britannica Online Encyclopedia

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Guest HeftyHippo
How could they apply for a CCJ if the do not have a valid agreement? They have been sending the same letter for seven months and have not been able to produce one. I don't want to set the six year clock ticking again by contacting them.

they can serve papers at your last known address. Obviously if they do and you don't respond (because you don't have mail redirected) uncontested judgement will be made against you. No one will know you've moved and didn't get the paperwork, it would be assumed you didn't want to defend it.

you could have mail redirected to a friends or relatives, or an accommodation address or PO Box.

a friend or relative can put post in an envelope 2/3 times a week until you decide its long enough. or you can collect when you like.

I don't see why moving would be seen as an admission of the debt. If they haven't found the agreement after 7 months, its a slim chance they will. the boot is on your foot

I don't want to set the six year clock ticking again by contacting them.

You won't, you either need to admit to them in writing that you owe the debt, or make a payment toward it for the limitaion period to begin again.

As already suggested, have your mail redirected for 6 months or so, they will be informed of this by royal mail, then if they choose not to correspond with you and obtain a CCJ by default, you will be able to have it set aside as they will have been informed of your new address.

Or simply tell them of your new address, in writing, as you say they have been unable to supply an agreement to date, so their is really nothing to worry about, if they do suddenly come up with one it is far better to hit them head on.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Guest HeftyHippo

I think BB is right. No use running away from it. If they do manage to find an agreement, deal with that slim chance rather than risk a CCJ in your absence. The boot is on your foot. Have mail redirected somewhere safe for a while, or give them that address - a relative. That way, if they do find an agreement in 2 years, you will know about it