Defaulted at least 26 times for the same debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That debt being £15 which ocurred in error because of a billing mistake by T-Mobile, who after almost five years eventually capitulated and removed the default.

Now however after acessing my credit account online after quite some time to make sure the default was removed, I've discovered why I can obtain absoloutely no credit accounts.

The pond life at Lowell have been seemingly issuing defaults on a monthly basis for the same £15 for quite some time.

default.gif

Obviously this is wrong, but how do I go about rectifying it asap?

Any and all help much appreciated.

Thank you.

It looks terrible doesn't it, I have many of those, they are not actual defaults just monthly updates to say the default has not been cleared.

Do as Cerb above says. and think about claiming compensation for damages done to your credit reputation. Make sure you have a copy or two of your files from the other agencies too, as you will need them as proof for your compensation claim.

Write to Lowell by recorded delivery. Tell them that T-mobile have given up the ghost on collecting this meagre amount and that they do not have the right to register negative infiormation on your credit files. Tell them, in plain simple terms, that they have 14 days to remove these remarks from your credit files. Add that if they refuse or ignore your reasonable request you will take them to the cleaners - or words to that effect. It will certainly cost them more than £15!!!

Damages liable for incorrect data on your CRF currently stands at £1000 per incorrect entry! But you not only have to threaten them that you will sue if they fail to remove it, you MUST actually go through with the process of taking them to court.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I would send them this letter first, via recorded delivery;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/583-letter-to-request-the-halt-on-the-processing-of-your-data

Edit to suit, and inform them that they are to remove the adverse data they have placed on your file.

Then if.....when they ignore you, send them a letter before action again via recorded delivery stating a date by which they are to have removed this information or you will pursue them through court for damages.

Then again, if they choose to ignore you, should be when you file a claim for damages, but you should seek proper legal advice for that..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 10 months later...

In March 2011 this is still ongoing.

I contacted Lowell and thier repoonse was 'oops' as they had recieved notice from T-mobile in 2009 but hadn't acted on it. The file is now updated as setlled/satisfied. Obviously this is as much use as a chocolate teapot.

I've sent a request to T-Mobile asking for a copy of the original default and the request to Lowell in 2009 to remove the default status, but I'm not holding much hope as I have noticed that the defaults begain in 2006 when Lowell took on the debt. I cant actually find a default from T-mobile.

Does anyone have any clue how to approach this, as a phone contract dispute at age 25 is now at age 31 stopping me from obtaining a mortgage. To say I'm frustrated would be understatement of epic proportions.

Many, many thanks to anyone that can help.

I think this only shows that the account is in default its no worse than an account defaulting. Its the same as the 000000 which indicate a bad debt.

You can only be defaulted once for any debt and that is by the original creditor.

I'm more concerned by CRA accepting searches after 6 years on your CF. After 6 years in my opinion they cease to have the right to process your data. Then again until these **** are regulated they will continue to do exactly s they wish.

If because of their poor judgement and error, you are unable to obtain a mortgage, then the claim for damages are considerable, if, and I really hope you fully intend to do so, you take these clowns to court, then some legal advice might be in order?

• 2 weeks later...

I now have a letter stating explicitly that T-Mobile removed the default that they filed on 28th April 2009, but they can help me no further and to "Contact Lowell financial to update thier records accordingly".

My first intent was to see a solicitor about damages but I'd first like to know about the likelihood of a succesful case. Has anyone else taken legal action in a similar situation and won? Would I actually receive monetary compensation?

Many thanks.

Well, the going rate is £1K per default which can rise dramatically depending on the damage done to your credit rating and any impact on any credit applications you have made whilst those defaults were present.

Kpophraror V Woolwich Building Society [1996] 4 All ER 119

Have you had credit refused since those defaults were registered? i.e bank a/cs, mortgage, mobile phone contract, loans etc?

A couple of credit cards I think. Knowing it was there I haven't really tried for credit... I think a couch at DFS, but I can't remember if that was before or after.