Freedom from BT!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:DI'm finally free of my BT contract!!!:D

Question is I have just got my latest bill. I am planning to leave them 1st June (when contract up). Since 2 of the months are billed in advance (broadband & phone) am I in my rights to just pay for usage and wait for them to send me a final bill? I am loathe to let them have money that they aren't due and I know I will have to fight to get back - £50 in total which I could do without paying at the moment.

Thanks

"Question is I have just got my latest bill. I am planning to leave them 1st June (when contract up). Since 2 of the months are billed in advance (broadband & phone) am I in my rights to just pay for usage and wait for them to send me a final bill? I am loathe to let them have money that they aren't due and I know I will have to fight to get back - £50 in total which I could do without paying at the moment."

You can try but to be honest I don't see BT accepting that. When I left BT about 10 years ago I had just paid my 3 months in advance (they didn't give me a choice) but I have to say, they did repay me everything due within a couple of weeks.

Many of my customers have come from BT and I am not aware of any of them having had a problem getting their money back.