In credit?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

just joined this forum in the hope that someone may be able to help?

I am on a pre-pay meter for my electricity supply and have been for around ten years now. Every time that I get my yearly statement/bill, it shows that I am in credit. The latest statement, after charges and payments, states that my account is now £432 in credit.

Does this mean that I am owed this money by my supplier?

I'm a little confused as surely my account should read zero as I thought that I only payed for what I used and credits and debts could not occur?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Would also like to know that - how debits/credits occur when you should only be paying for what you're using (and in some cases debts)

If it doesn't Moo, don't stroke it!

If your meter is a modern key/quantum meter, the device you use to make payments should provide your supplier with a meter reading each time you vend the account.

There is a chance that an older meter was not re-calibrated to reflect price changes... Best thing to do is call your supplier and ask what exactly is going on, you may well be due a refund

Hi again,

Spoken to my supplier. Apparently, I have been overcharged.

My meter is set up on a 2 rate tariff, something to do with storage heating which I haven't got. I was told that when the meter was put in, it was set on this rate.

My meter will now be set on a single rate which should mean lower running costs for me. There is also a cheque on it's way, but I don't know how much of my £430 credit that I'll get because, "everything has to be re-adjusted".

Hopefully, a happy outcome?

Many thanks to everyone for their help.