• Tweets

• Hi. Could you post up what they've sent please so we can see what the charge is? Cover up your name and address and their reference number. HB
    • I've looked through all our old NPE threads, and as far as we know they have never had the bottle to do court. There are no guarantees of course, but when it comes to put or shut up they definitely tend towards shut up. How about something like -   Dear Jonathan and Julie, Re: PCN no.XXXXX cheers for your Letter Before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in laughter at the idea that you actually expected me to take this tripe seriously and cough up. I'll write to you not some uninterested third party, thanks all the same, because you have are the ones trying to threaten me about this non-existent "debt". Go and look up Jopson v Homeguard Services Ltd, saddos.  Oh, while you're at it, go and look up your Subject Access Request obligations - we all know how you ballsed that up way back in January to March. Dear, dear, dear - you couldn't resist adding your £70 Unicorn Food Tax, you greedy gets.  Judges don't like these made-up charges, do they? You can either drop this foolishness now or get a hell of a hammering in court.  Both are fine with me.  Summer is coming up and I would love a holiday at your expense after claiming an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g). I look forward to your deafening silence.   That should show them you're not afraid of them and draw their attention to their having legal problems of their own with the SAR.  If they have any sense they'll crawl back under their stone and leave you in peace.  Over the next couple of days invest in a 2nd class stamp (all they are worth) and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.
    • Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
    • Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

stat demand from arrow global need help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi received a sd from arrow global by hand on the 13/04/10

after reading a lot on here i have put in my defence as it was very similar to lorri-crofts post and i dont have a scanner so thanks lorri-croft

it is regarding an alliance and leicester credit card, i got a letter from clarity in 2008 saying i owed them money i cca d them for a copy they sent back terms and condition only from mbna who i believe had taken over a and l s credit cards but the alleged card was from a and l

heard nothing until 22/02/2010 when i got a letter from arrow global saying i owed them the money as they had took over the debt, i cca d them and receieved an application form from a and l money back credit card and terms and conditions from mbna the appl did not have the prescribed terms on it so i then subject access requested them enclosed a cheque for the £10 to which i received a letter saying that i needed to send them £10 for that request so they had lost the cheque, then on the 13/04/10 a man turned up and handed me the sd, i then read some more on this fab website and sent another sar and asked them to be more careful with the new cheque so far they have not cashed this cheque or acknowleged they have it and i did nt send by recorded, so got my defence ready then on the morning i was taking it to court i received a letter with my first cheque in it saying please find enclosed cheque sent to our offices. we would be grateful if you could return this to your client with the enclosed letter we have been unable to allocate him on our system and there fore unable to bank the cheque, i had typed my defence out but managed to write this bit at the end and add the letter sent to the defence, so this is where i need help i have a court date for the 4 june and i have been before but did nt realise what i was going for and the judge wiped the floor with me that was a diff matter so this time i need to be ready for the judge and there solicitor, any advise on what i need to be saying and what i need to take with me would be gratefully received many thanks dan

Danny have you put in your 6.4/6.5 to set aside the SD from Arrow

MJ:)

If it helps have a read of my SD set aside from here...any questions just ask

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dca-legal-successes/195656-egg-barclays-lowells-sd-3.html#post2448000

Edited by mandyjayne

CAG Depends Purely Upon Donations. Please help us to continue helping you, and give what you can - Thank you:grin:

Click to donate

Please click my scales, if you feel the need;)

Hi Dannybro... sorry to read your story. I am in a similar position with AG and have received some good advice from the forums here.

May l suggest you check if A&L issued a Default Notice prior to selling/assigning your account to the venemous Arrow Global? If so, is it in the required format with sufficient time for service (2 +14 days)?

Check this even if you received a Default Notice direct from AG.

Also check if you received a Notice of Assignment re this account.

Blackbear's thread in legal issues has some good info on it.

They sent me an illegible application form copy + some t&cs also.

AG is a very agressive DCA who flaut the law and will not co-operate. You need to put them on the back foot. Also complain to OFT & Trading Standards about their methods.

Good luck from Valdez

hi everyone yes i have used the forms 6.4 and 6.5 put them into court and i now have the hearing date i can not even recall the credit card and no default notice or assignment notice in the 1998 when this application form is from i filled in a lot of application forms most being turned down which is why i asked for more info from them with the sar request i don t think they can have much info or why would they ignore my request with lost cheques etc will have a read of your post mandy later tonight, think the judge should side with me as iam only trying to get to the bottom of this also to see if its over the 6 years limit thanks again and any advise will be gratefully received will have a look at the threads tonight cheers dan

Hi Dannybro,

Your card was originally A&L

This from MBNA website:

As you may be aware, MBNA has been providing the Alliance & Leicester credit card since 2002.

However, Alliance & Leicester is now part of the Santander Group, and our relationship will be coming to an end. This means we are going to replace your card with one that carries the MBNA name.

Did you say you applied for the original A&L card in 1998? If prior to 2002, T&C's should be from A&L? Perhaps someone may clarify this for you as I do not know.

If this is the case, all you have received is a copy of a pre-contractual application form and more recent T&Cs (not even from the OC).

Valdez has offered good info with regard to Default and NOA. Prior to terminating an agreement and taking further action(which includes passing to a DCA), a creditor must issue a Default Notice (in the correct format and with sufficient time for service). Did you receive a NOA saying debt was being passed to Clarity? Did you receive one from Clarity saying it was being passed to AG?

My best advice is it's no good just using someone else's similar defence (this is good advice I was given). You must UNDERSTAND your own argument so that you are in a position to defend it. I spent hours and hours reading on this site and also reading case law references suggested, and printed off the case laws to which I referred in my SD from BAILII, together with relevant sections of the CCA, the OFT debt collection guidelines and Law of Proprty Act 1925 so that the Judge could see I'd done my research.

I was lucky that AG did not attend but, if they had, I knew what my arguments would be and I believe, I would have been in a position to defend as I'd done the research.

I have to say that, I had already SAR'd the OC successfully, so I knew exactly what paperwork AG would be able to come up with in advance. I knew there was no original CCA (only the precontractual app), and found no record of a Default being issued (had just had a rep programme agreed when Monument debts were sold off in bulk to Compucredit) so I had the 'heads up' there.

However, they are still being persistent (see update post on my thread).

hi all could you help with this letter i have received today from arrow global

we write further to your application to set aside the statutory demand and note the contents therein. please find enclosed for your attention a reconstituted copy of the aggreement.

your sincerely

enclosed is a photo copy of a brand new mbna credit card agreement with all the terms etc and only my name and address filled in but at the time of the alleged card i was not living at that address not signed

a couple of questions the oc was alliance and leicester in 1998 i have only had an application form alliance sent which as no terms etc also should i sar alliance and mbna what good would this new form be to ag when they have already sent the proper form from alliance with no terms etc can i use this new form in my court hearing on the 4th june thanks

hi lorri when i said simlar to yours it was to give people an idea as to the situation as i don t have a scanner to my defence up on here, it was not the same as no 2 situations are, also yes ive looked on here for hours and if i see info which is an answer to a question i have i don t see any harm in using the said info in my defence sorry if using some of your info in questions you have asked and had answered as upset you

You haven't upset me at all Dannybro...I merely was trying to say you need to be sure of your own arguments as you just don't know what will be thrown up in Court (many have had bad experiences) so you need to be prepared.

This same advice was given to me when I had an SD pending and it made me doubly sure to check any quote or advice given so I knew how to defend any AG's possible arguments thrown up in Court.

You are more than welcome to use ANY info in any posts I've made.

Regards.

Lorri-Croft

Not sure if you've looked at this yet...it's scanned copies of all MBNA application/agreements in year of issue order (I just found it).

If you can match the one you've been provided, you can see what years' MBNA application it is....it is clearly then not only an application if it doesn't have the required T&C's but is from a period AFTER your card was issued.

http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/609-mbna-agreementsapplication-forms

HI thanks Lorri for the link iam confused with the info they have sent me ie the application form from alliance and leicester which is ok and the application form does not have the terms and then they send me a copy of a mbna form they had filled in my name and the wrong address as i did not move till 10 years after the application form was filled out so how can they say this is a copy of the agreement for the alliance and leicester card and at the time the mbna had nothing to do with alliance and leicester once again Lorri thanks for your help

There trying to use the new Ammended CCA 2006, they can only use this for accounts set up after 2007 (not sure of exact date). But most defenitly doesn't apply to your card, it is still regulated by CCA 1974, they have to provide a true legible copy.

Send the "Debt in dispute" letter, and tell them were to go.:D

hi Deb

yeah think thats what they are up to so sent the letter indispute and they still hand delivered a state demand i am now in court in june to try and get it set aside they have not answered my sar request so going in blind with what they will have is it possible if they turn up with a load of stuff could i ask for the case to be ajurned as i have not seen any ligit paper work

I would strongly suggest you pre-empt any possible problem of them turning up with documents.

You could use CPR 31.14. This is a preaction disclosure of all documents they refer to in the court claim. They have 7 days. But they could still ignore.

You say you are in court in june, when you acknowledged the claim did you ask the court to do a "Draft Order for Directions"?

Once it is transferred to your court, you can ask the judge to order the claimant to provided the docs they refer to and rely upon to enforce the claim.

Debs

• 2 weeks later...

hi all a quick update been to court today didnt go as smoothly as i had hoped but i got the set aside. this is what happened i got to court about 10 ish so bit early got called in at 10.50 the judge said your here for a stat demand set aside i said yes sir he then said you can not apply for a set aside without any evidence you need an affiridavid i said yes sir and had filed one with the court and the court sent me a copy stamped back he said well you better let me see it, i showed him it he said looks like a credit card i said thats what they are saying he then said did you have the money i said not that i am aware that is why iam trying to get to the bottom of this in the late 1990 s i had filled in a dozen application forms most got refused he said again why would they sue you if you had not had the money did you have the money not that iam aware he then said have they got a ccj over this i said no.why would they sue you if you had not had the money i said if they were here we could ask them he then said there is an application form here signed by you i said yes sir there was over 20 filled in in the late 1990s most got refused i would hate to have to pay on all of them, he said right i have no choice but to set aside and let them take the next step i asked about costs did not award any costs to me in not so many words i was lucky to get the set aside never mind costs he was totally on the side of arrow which is a worry but he had no choice but to follow the law