Any idea why my post about a caller was cagbotted

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused: Just a post about me being harassed by the jehovahs w, nothing rude or demeaning to them and it was cagbotted from bear garden.

I could understand if I was verbally rude to them, but did nothing of the sort, so a little confused.

A thread about the pope and a humorous ditty regarding what has gone on was okay, so why was my thread not allowed?

All I said was how I had been advised to put them off politely yet in a manner they would understand.

Confused and would normally not question why cagbotted.

Well we all know how obnoxious and utterly rude you can be LL. I myself would Cagabot everything you have ever posted.:D

As for Jehovas Witnesses......Thank God for spy holes in front doors:p.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I would normally ignore them, but this time they said come down ' we have something very exciting to tell you' didnt know who they were and then they said its exciting the bible and I clicked. Just was posting that the jw have been using a new tact near me.

Could it be a jw complained?

No offence each to their own, but I remember them telling me years ago when trying to persuade me to go to a meeting that as my life was saved by a blood transfusion (said in converstion, I couldnt go bec of there rules on blood transfusions and why not leave me alone, the attitude of them changed to nasty) that I was dammed. Now that disturbed the hell out of me and they are back, different callers though, so thought it worth a conversation.

Edited by loopinlouie

You must live by me LL cos they just knocked here:p. You know it's JW's because they come in pairs and there is usually about 4 pairs to each Road. It's a nice day out for a walk I suppose. We have a visit nearly every Sunday, but I have noticed, they never seem to come when it is raining:confused:.

I have a spy hole though, so (although they are not doing any harm, I suppose) don't have to answer the door. I'm glad of that, because I find it really hard to turn people away. I innevitably end up listening for ages.:D

There are signs that you can purchase which specify:

Polite Notice:

No canvassers

No junk mail

No religious callers

Thank you.

I just made my own, printed it out from the PC and stuck it on the window.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Can you please make one for me that says "No Father Christmas, and no Easter Bunny or Tooth Fairy". It's costing me a bloddy fortune:D.

Thats the point. I have one and it says no callers, no jehovahs witnesses and they ignore it. I have even called the kingdom hall just up the road and been told I will not be bothered again.:confused:

They still call and when you say no, they become abusive. I forget the word she shouted but Id heared it before from another.

The best thing to door is welcome them with open arms and exitedly ask them to come in. They then (not being used to this), smile and look at you as if you have just left the Mental Home, and tell you that they will call back another time.:p

Thats the point. I have one and it says no callers, no jehovahs witnesses and they ignore it. I have even called the kingdom hall just up the road and been told I will not be bothered again.:confused:

They still call and when you say no, they become abusive. I forget the word she shouted but Id heared it before from another.

If they are being abusive ring the police. Section 5 public order (or breach of the peace in Scotland).

No-one is above the law, and can't use their religion to hide behind it.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Yep, cant remember the word but when asked kingdom hall last time they told me it meant non believer, thats okay, a bit like harry potters 'muggle' but they obviously get frustrated with the ammount round here who dont want to know.

If they are being abusive ring the police. Section 5 public order (or breach of the peace in Scotland).

No-one is above the law, and can't use their religion to hide behind it.

Fair enough but round here cant get police to respond with a kid holding a brick and lobbing them at the houses,till following day and that was after chasing them up, so think they will probably laugh the call away.

Religion.

How sad.

No problems with different peoples religion, just that this group seem to insist on imposing it on this estate. The fact the kingdom hall is at the top of the road has something to do with it.:eek:

I can well imagine that there will be a number of people belonging to a great many religions who use CAG. I would suggest that it's appropriate to respect the views of others.

I respect that not everyone has a religion that they believe in, but many people do, and for those that do it can be very offensive to show disrespect towards people of any faith.

Live and let live.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I've often wondered if the cag letter to a DCA about doorstep collectors could be modified or added to a "No cold callers" notice. Chiefly this section :-

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I can well imagine that there will be a number of people belonging to a great many religions who use CAG. I would suggest that it's appropriate to respect the views of others.

I respect that not everyone has a religion that they believe in, but many people do, and for those that do it can be very offensive to show disrespect towards people of any faith.

Live and let live.

Can I just get some clarification here. Catholics (I am talking about the Vatican here - not so much the follwers) 'live' but they do not 'let live'. They order milllions of Africans not to wear condoms and great numbers subsequently die. Fact, yes?

So are you saying that these things should never be discussed and just 'live and let live'? Whilst I am sometimes over the top, and I apologise for that, it is born out of the frustration of having to watch these people get away with what they do.

I am not going to say nothing and exercise my right to free speech (within rules) as I was stating an opinion about what they get up to and is not my intention to flame or mock individuals.

The pope is due to visit claiming he is head of state (which he is not and not recognised by the international community in any case). He allows his mob to not report child rape. Another fact, and I do not see why I should not mention it.

I am not looking to argue with you on this Caro, but 'live and let live' just doesn't cut the mustard. If anybody is offended by my words then they can post that, albeit I hammer home the point that my words are not aimed at any individual, although it may leave a bad taste in my mouth which is just tough on me!

I am not going to get into a debate on religion with you Thailand.

The OP asked why she had been cagbotted. I understand that she has had a PM about this from the team member who unapproved her thread, so that is the end of the matter as far as I'm concerned.

The Bear Garden is intended for light relief and I have better things to do than get into a theological debate.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Oh, and just to add - people are offended by other people's political views and I don't see why religion should be any different.

I think it's because people don't actually like politicians... they just hate certain ones less :p

I think all organized religion should be outlawed as it doesn't matter how noble the beliefs are, there is ultimately some person high up corrupting it.

Time to play Tim Minchin's pope song again :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Oh, and just to add - people are offended by other people's political views and I don't see why religion should be any different.

Agreed.

I see the Bear Garden as a place for off topic banter, and don't see why people would want to discuss politics, religion, sport or all sorts of things on a consumer website.

Others obviously do, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to be dragged into it.

I geneally prefer to use my time on CAG helping with consumer issues, although I like a bit of light-hearted fun in BG as much as anyone at the end of a long day.

As the thread seems to have served it's purpose I'm going to close it.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks