• Tweets

• Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
    • Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
    • In anticipation of lodging my court claim next Weds 1 May (14 days after advising P2G that was my deadline for them to settle my claim) I have completed my first draft POC as below: Claim Claim number: xxxxx Reference: P2G MAY 2024   Claimant xxxxx   Defendant Parcel2Go 1A Parklands Lostock Bolton BL6 4SD  Particulars of Claim The defendant has failed to arrange for the safe delivery of the claimant's parcel containing a 8 secondhand golf clubs (valued at £265) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service (P2G Reference xxxxx). The defendant contracted Evri to deliver the parcel (Evri Reference xxxxx) and refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £265, plus P2G fees of £9.10, plus postage costs for two first class letters to P2G of £2.70, plus court fees, plus interest. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xxxxx to xxxxxx on £276.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx   Details of claim Amount claimed £276.80 I look forward to your thoughts and comments guys! As ever, many thanks - G59    
    • Hmm, that's strange how they got my email then.  I assume the below is ok to send to DCBL, Nicky?  Hello, I am writing regarding our ongoing dispute and the upcoming court claim reference xxxxxxxx. To ensure fairness and transparency in our communications leading up to the court hearing, I request that you use postal mail exclusively for all further correspondence related to this claim. Please refrain from sending any communication or documents via email. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact me via postal mail at the address provided above. Yours sincerely, xxxx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Nat West business OD & Shoosmiths - HELP

HP Mum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have rejigged the letter, I hope it is ok??

Further advice required. Please.

Im sending in a CCA on the "new" litigated account

but Can I also send in a SAR on the litigated account?

I never set it up - not in my name or the Ltd Company name

- so they can't quote data protection crap at me as they did previously on my SAR for the Ltd Co.

Send cca and sar.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for your reply P.

I will sort this anon.

I am very intrigued as to how they will reply.... ;-)

As S has advised they act for NW, can I thus send the sar to them? Or absolutely should go to NW??

As S has advised they act for NW, can I thus send the sar to them? Or absolutely should go to NW??

Nat West

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

thanks.

Does anyone know the new correct address for CMS?

I was dealing with NW in Telford. But I just had a letter from Rotherham.

Would it be best to send to that address in Rotherham?

Or to a head office somewhere else?

UPDATED AND CHECKED NOVEMBER 2012 Natwest SAR's

Joyce E Tudor Manager Subject access request Team

Ground Floor

Business House B

PO Box 1000

Edinburgh

EH12 1HQ

Telephone 0131 626 1669

Fax 0131 626 3051

Opening hours 9.00-5.00 Monday-Friday

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

UPDATED AND CHECKED NOVEMBER 2012 Natwest SAR's

Joyce E Tudor Manager Subject access request Team

Ground Floor

Business House B

PO Box 1000

Edinburgh

EH12 1HQ

Telephone 0131 626 1669

Fax 0131 626 3051

Opening hours 9.00-5.00 Monday-Friday

This is correct also as at August 2014.

Another name for Manager at that time: Linda Allan.

Also they passed on to CMS who responded with "Personal Information" as referred to by Edinburgh office.

The CMS "DSAR Team" had an address of NW Bank Plc, Credit Management Services, PO Box 16538, 7 Brindley Place B2 2AZ, I think this is Birmingham. That was correct as at January 2015.

As andyorch suggested, I would send to Edinburgh, and leave it to them to collate info from CMS.

JMHO

Good Luck

t

• 2 weeks later...

Well have had some form of a reply from Shoos.

They have completely ignored - so far - my cca request and questions regarding the validity of their claim and how the account was set up.

Instead they have focused solely on replying to my complaint about them asking me to increase monthly payments....

They split hairs - they say "it is a "regulatory expectation" that they carry out regular reviews of my financial circumstances to assess the affordability of any arrangement in place."

They then state that the purpose of sending me I&E forms was not to ask me to increase my current payments but to ensure the payments remain affordable to me!!

Because of this "They do not uphold my complaint in regards to them requesting that I increase my payments."

They also "hope I understand why my complaint has not been upheld"...

So writing 4 letters in 3 months to ensure my payments remain affordable to me and nothing to do with harassment and trying to get me to panic and offer more money per month???!!! They are "having a laugh" right !! Trying to dig themselves out a corner...

BUT - they have not addressed any of my questions about the account.

Can they ignore a cca request?

Still no response to my CCA Request

What should I do?

I would just reiterate that they have not responded to you CCA request. Have they cashed the PO? I think there is a telephone number you can call, part of The Post Office, which can confirm if the PO has been cashed, that is assuming you have the PO references? I will see if I can find the number.

t

Thanks Ted will see what I can find out.

In the meantime - I thought they were under legal obligation to reply to a cca?

As they haven't - what do I do?

I can send them a reminder letter (have drafted one) but not sure it will do any good.

I had a quick look in the library and at the FCA Handbook.

I can see reasons in the FCA handbook, which I will copy below, why Shoo / NW can't enforce an agreement without complying with my request for cca.

But I can't find anything which advises what happens when a CCJ has already been given on the account ? Anyone?

And so far I can't locate a non-compliance letter. Can someone please point me in the right direction for a cca non-compliance letter.

FCA - failure to comply notes:

1) Failure to comply with the provisions means that the agreement becomes unenforceable while the failure to comply persists, and the courts have no discretion to allow enforcement.

(2) In such cases, a firm should in no way, either by act or omission, mislead a customer as to the enforceability of the agreement.

(3) In particular, a firms hould not in such cases either threaten court action or other enforcement of the debt or imply that the debt is enforceable when it is not.

(4) The firm should, in any request for payment or communication relating to a payment (other than a statement issued in accordance with the CCA or regulations made under it which does not constitute or contain a request for payment) in such cases, make clear to the customer that although the debt remains outstanding it is unenforceable.

(8) However, where a firm is aware that an agreement is unenforceable because of non-compliance with an information request under section 77, 78 or 79 of the CCA a firm should make it clear when communicating to a customer about a debt that the debt is in fact unenforceable. Failure to do so, in that case, would in the FCA’s view unfairly mislead the customer by omission. Any communication that implies expressly or otherwise that a debt is enforceable when it is known that it is not, would be misleading. One way to avoid this would be for the firm to explain to the customer the full meaning of 'unenforceable'

The problem you face HP Mum is that a judgment supersedes an agreement and therefore ..technically a CCA section 77/78 request is not applicable.Their choice if they wish to comply.

Thanks - So I should write a letter asking for a reply to the cca and if not why not kind of letter? And if they choose not to reply soon to then send the SAR for this specific account to NW. I haven't done that yet cos I was waiting for the cca reply

why?

they have a judgement on this debt?

without trawling through 167 posts

when was this?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The problem you face HP Mum is that a judgment supersedes an agreement and therefore ..technically a CCA section 77/78 request is not applicable.Their choice if they wish to comply.

Perhaps they know it should have been unenforeable, as in para 8 of post 165? If they now respond to a CCA and it does not comply with the regs, what then? Can the defendant go back to the court? Just Asking! t

Dx - they got the ccj before I found CAG ! Unfortunately. (mid 08)

It is only because I have trawled this site over the years and had help that I came to realise what NW/Shoos had done.

A lot of time has passed and I should have dealt with it years ago but I was always worried about what I was getting into cos of the amount of the debt.

Now the bulk of the debt is sb I feel a bit more confident about confronting them and getting to the bottom of it.

As Ted says above - the fact that they have not answered my questions about how the account was set up nor replied to cca request speaks volumes on how they must know the account is unenforceable.... but they are now hiding behind the ccj.

My plan is to send in a reminder letter - is there a "non-compliance" template that I can edit ?

And separately send a sar to NW.

I want to get the steps right...

Ted's question is also my question - can I go back to court?

Can I apply to the courts that I have only just realised ie: they have a ccj on an account that is not mine. I was ignorant at the time of the ccj being granted but whilst going through files - the catalyst for my file search was Shoos letters for increased payments - I realised that the account litigated on was not even mine...

What on earth would I say ? would it be a new claim? or a return to a defence of old claim?

Also if ccj was from 08 would sb stand in their favour? Or could I argue I only just realised and quote some law that sb isn't applicable (like the Kleinwort Benson used in reclaiming CI)

As the judgment is is over 6 years old you may struggle to challenge it now...I assume its fell off the register and have you ever made payment towards the Judgement?

You can chase the CCA but as stated they are not compelled to comply....but they might.

Andy

the ccj is off the cra. But I must pay nominal monthly payments to prevent them trying to get a CO again.

At the beginning of this thread I advised that shoos failed to cash a cheque on purpose to try to get a charging order. They failed in court and judge determined as long as I make the monthly payments they can not get a CO. I then switched to bank transfer to prevent them using said tactics again.

So on the one hand I want to prevent a CO and so must pay. Yet the account and ccj is not valid and I want to prove it and stop paying.

Shoo replied to my recent letter demanding info on the account (they only addressed my complaints about request to increase payments) - so by default they must acknowledge receipt of the cca and £1 po which was also enclosed, they have not returned the £1, they have not replied to say they can’t respond and they have not replied to say they have passed it on to NW….

I have found this non-compliance example below – but not sure about litigation threat? Would probably need to reword along the lines of I will refer the case back to court for re-examination….

“In my letter dated x - which was delivered via Recorded Delivery to your offices on x delivery date - I made a formal request for a copy of the signed, executed credit agreement for the account XXXXXXXX account under section 77(1) of the CCA 74 In addition a statement of my account should have been sent along with any other document mentioned in the credit agreement.

The Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for this request to be carried out before your company enter into a default situation. If the request is not satisfied after a further 30 calendar days, your company will have committed an offence. These time limits expired on XXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXX respectively.

As you are no doubt aware subsection (6) states:

If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

(a) He is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; and

(b) If the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

Failure to respond favourably to this letter within seven (7) days of receipt will result in litigation being commenced against your company, without further notice, to enforce my request for the signed executed credit agreement named above.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter

Of course - if this CCA is going to go nowhere due to the ccj and potentially being sb now - perhaps everyone will now best suggest simply sending in a revised SAR for this account ????

Previously I sent NW the SAR for the correct Ltd Co account number and they refused as it is Ltd Co. I wasn't clever enough then to realise I asked for details for the wrong account!!

Difficult position HP Mum...yes all the above is true and correct legislation but they have already enforced it..therefore not applicable...as stated the Judgment supersedes any agreement.

Without reading the full thread are you saying that the debt/agreement enforced is not yours ..?

Or are you just wanting to test the validity of the agreement and/or whether they actually have one?

Andy

Andy:

In brief - NW transferred an unsecured od from local branch to CMS Telford (now Rotherham), they closed the current account and transferred it into a managed loan with a new sort code and new account number - without my knowledge, consent or signature - and then proceeded to litigate successfully on this new account.

To get ccj they quoted personal guarantees (£15k, superseded by one of 20k) I had given on the Ltd Co account - but used guarantee against this new account.

They also only litigated on a tiny amount (£6.5k) compared to the full amount Ltd Co owed (£26.5k).

So -

1. they litigated on an account number which was not mine

2. the personal guarantee did not relate to the account number

3. the litigated amount that was not the full amount owed by the Ltd co

4. they never litigated against the Ltd Co or remaining £20k. (8yrs later = SB now)

5. they continued to send interest accruing statements 1/4ly on the Ltd Co account

SO - account / debt enforced is not mine. And I want to now bring them to strict proof there of...

Does that make sense?