Aktiv Kapital Plus - A Loyalty Programme!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3850 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Mine was old ge capital account as in over ten years old, sent statute barred and they dissapeared.

Special fantastic offers, do they really think people are that stupid?

Suprised they dont try pay one unenforecable debt, get one free:D

Mine was old ge capital account as in over ten years old, sent statute barred and they dissapeared.

Special fantastic offers, do they really think people are that stupid?

haha.

It wouldn't be wise to tell them to BOGOF then. ;-)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

• 3 weeks later...

Well I must be REALLY special as I've had a letter from them today (they searched my credit file in Feb 09 and this is the first I've heard from them) offering me an 80% reduction on a debt that's not even mine!

How blooming generous!

Tell them once they send you 100% of the amount of the alleged debt, you'll be happy to settle it at the 80% reduction so generously offerred!

BD

£50k saved and £7k charges refunded:

MBNA & A&L 35% F&F direct - saved £23k. Birmingham Midshires £1700 charges refunded

Abbey Loan/BCW 50% - saved £2k. Barclaycard/CSL 40% - saved £6k

Monument/DCA 35% - saved £1k. LTSB/Wescot 50% - saved £4k

HBOS Visa £5k charges refund via Blair Oliver Scott

RBS Direct Line/(genuine) solicitors June 2010 40% - saved £3k

Morgan Stanley/Aktiv Kapital £11k SB Nov 2010

Over £40k balance write off and charges refunds to fight for:

HBOS O/d Charges £5k. Egg Loan/Aktiv Kapital CCA Dispute £8k

Egg Card/Fredrickson taking £5 monthly but CCA & Charges Dispute £4k

Goldfish/1st Credit DN/TN Dispute £9k. Capital One/CSL charges claim £4k

Barclaycard/CSL taking £5 monthly on £10k debt

I hope I have helped - if I have please hit my star - and recognise the others who have helped too.

Bigdebtor

A loyalty programme, eh? Does such a program work both ways? Does it mean that if AK harassment indirectly causes or contributes towards a death, that they will shut up shop in atonement?

I thought this might be relevant for AK sending out dummy NOA's claiming to be from Egg:

Administration of Justice Act 1970

Section 40 - Punishment for unlawful harassment of debtors

1)A person commits an offence if, with the object of coercing another person to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under a contract, he -

a)harasses the other with demands for payment which, in respect of their frequency or the manner or occasion of making any such demand, or of any threat or publicity by which any demand is accompanied, are calculated to subject him or members of his family or household to alarm, distress or humiliation

b)falsely represents, in relation to the money claimed, that criminal proceedings lie for failure to pay it

c)falsely represents himself to be authorised in some official capacity to claim or enforce payment; or

d)utters a document falsely represented by him to have some official character or purporting to have some official character which he knows it has not.

2)A person may be guilty of an offence by virtue of subsection (1)(a) above if he concerts with others in the taking of such action as is described in that paragraph, notwithstanding that his own course of conduct does not by itself amount to harassment.

3)Subsection (1)(a) above does not apply to anything done by a person which is reasonable (and otherwise permissible in law) for the purpose—

a)of securing the discharge of an obligation due, or believed by him to be due, to himself or to persons for whom he acts, or protecting himself or them from future loss; or

b)of the enforcement of any liability by legal process

4)A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine of not more than £100, and on a second or subsequent conviction to a fine of not more than £400

I'm not sure AK could afford the first £100 let alone any subsequent £400 fine - should we give them a warning or just go for the first £100 fine now???

BD

Edited by Bigdebtor
typos

MBNA & A&L 35% F&F direct - saved £23k. Birmingham Midshires £1700 charges refunded

I hope I have helped - if I have please hit my star - and recognise the others who have helped too.

Bigdebtor

• 2 months later...

It is now over two months since AK last contacted me. I told them I was still awaiting Egg replying to my SAR request from last January!

I really miss their frequent letters and phone calls!

BD

Bigdebtor