• Tweets

• Hi. This is the first year I had to ask Firstport could I pay by instalments due to company/job closures. They agreed on the phone I could pay instalments. No record was sent or a payment plan put in place. I simply paid on their website by credit card. I paid different amounts and paid every month but I had a blip one month & couldn’t pay so carried on paying the months after. A refund arrived in another month so I ‘used’ that as my instalment. Suddenly 6 months into the year I received a letter from the debt co. PDC saying I owe extra money plus admin fees. They did not know it had been agreed that I was paying instalments so I told them this.  They then agreed it with FIRSTPORT. I then pointed out I had paid up to date. I received no notification from FIRSTPORT about anything being overdue until an email came a day later than the letter!  I’ve been battling with them since November and they just don’t listen. I don’t want their sympathy as everyone has a nightmare year. But I can’t pay them anymore than what I already have to.  Is this all legal ?  many thanks in advance for advice. Marion. 
    • Its all political now Hightail, and the politicians are playing with lives, also Hancock seems to think that its ok to have a flexible interval between jabs, and mix and match vaccines at random depending on what available on the day, with no clue as to adverse interactions.  he should be in jail along with Whitty and ferguson,.
    • I don't think we have any reliable data for a single dose of any vaccine so far.  What we do have from the current protocol are great figures for how many people have received a single shot.  I'm concerned that's more useful for political propoganda than medical efficacy.
    • Tired of coronavirus now   Want to get back into work and I can't as just so wheezy doing anything at the moment 
    • Ah that explains it Simple Simon conflates English and Scottish Law at will, It would be very silly of Simon to sue in an English Court for a Scottish  car park  or use English process in Scotland.
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

Aktiv Kapital Plus - A Loyalty Programme!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3805 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Mine was old ge capital account as in over ten years old, sent statute barred and they dissapeared.

Special fantastic offers, do they really think people are that stupid?

Suprised they dont try pay one unenforecable debt, get one free:D

Mine was old ge capital account as in over ten years old, sent statute barred and they dissapeared.

Special fantastic offers, do they really think people are that stupid?

haha.

It wouldn't be wise to tell them to BOGOF then. ;-)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

• 3 weeks later...

Well I must be REALLY special as I've had a letter from them today (they searched my credit file in Feb 09 and this is the first I've heard from them) offering me an 80% reduction on a debt that's not even mine!

How blooming generous!

Tell them once they send you 100% of the amount of the alleged debt, you'll be happy to settle it at the 80% reduction so generously offerred!

BD

£50k saved and £7k charges refunded:

MBNA & A&L 35% F&F direct - saved £23k. Birmingham Midshires £1700 charges refunded

Abbey Loan/BCW 50% - saved £2k. Barclaycard/CSL 40% - saved £6k

Monument/DCA 35% - saved £1k. LTSB/Wescot 50% - saved £4k

HBOS Visa £5k charges refund via Blair Oliver Scott

RBS Direct Line/(genuine) solicitors June 2010 40% - saved £3k

Morgan Stanley/Aktiv Kapital £11k SB Nov 2010

Over £40k balance write off and charges refunds to fight for:

HBOS O/d Charges £5k. Egg Loan/Aktiv Kapital CCA Dispute £8k

Egg Card/Fredrickson taking £5 monthly but CCA & Charges Dispute £4k

Goldfish/1st Credit DN/TN Dispute £9k. Capital One/CSL charges claim £4k

Barclaycard/CSL taking £5 monthly on £10k debt

I hope I have helped - if I have please hit my star - and recognise the others who have helped too.

Bigdebtor

A loyalty programme, eh? Does such a program work both ways? Does it mean that if AK harassment indirectly causes or contributes towards a death, that they will shut up shop in atonement?

I thought this might be relevant for AK sending out dummy NOA's claiming to be from Egg:

Administration of Justice Act 1970

Section 40 - Punishment for unlawful harassment of debtors

1)A person commits an offence if, with the object of coercing another person to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under a contract, he -

a)harasses the other with demands for payment which, in respect of their frequency or the manner or occasion of making any such demand, or of any threat or publicity by which any demand is accompanied, are calculated to subject him or members of his family or household to alarm, distress or humiliation

b)falsely represents, in relation to the money claimed, that criminal proceedings lie for failure to pay it

c)falsely represents himself to be authorised in some official capacity to claim or enforce payment; or

d)utters a document falsely represented by him to have some official character or purporting to have some official character which he knows it has not.

2)A person may be guilty of an offence by virtue of subsection (1)(a) above if he concerts with others in the taking of such action as is described in that paragraph, notwithstanding that his own course of conduct does not by itself amount to harassment.

3)Subsection (1)(a) above does not apply to anything done by a person which is reasonable (and otherwise permissible in law) for the purpose—

a)of securing the discharge of an obligation due, or believed by him to be due, to himself or to persons for whom he acts, or protecting himself or them from future loss; or

b)of the enforcement of any liability by legal process

4)A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine of not more than £100, and on a second or subsequent conviction to a fine of not more than £400

I'm not sure AK could afford the first £100 let alone any subsequent £400 fine - should we give them a warning or just go for the first £100 fine now???

BD

Edited by Bigdebtor
typos

MBNA & A&L 35% F&F direct - saved £23k. Birmingham Midshires £1700 charges refunded

I hope I have helped - if I have please hit my star - and recognise the others who have helped too.

Bigdebtor

• 2 months later...

It is now over two months since AK last contacted me. I told them I was still awaiting Egg replying to my SAR request from last January!

I really miss their frequent letters and phone calls!

BD

Bigdebtor