Aktiv Kapital Plus - A Loyalty Programme!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do you no get vouchers for Asda or something :p

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

The sad thing is people will be gullible enough to fall for this crap. Good old Aktiv pretending they will pay off 35% of your alleged balance. Considering they probably only paid 5% of the face value or should that be faeces value they are speaking with forked tongue

The letter was actually to my sister - she knows all about my 'activities' on this site, so she gave it to me for my opinion. I have to say it did have her 'worried' as she has heard nothing on this account since a previous DCA failed to produce an Agreement.

We will not be responding!

Good morning all, i'm a first time poster but have been registered since last november and have been an avid reader of this site since then. I received the same letter from these people last friday and have hopefully uploaded it in a way that everyone can view it. The only difference is that they offer me a 65% discount!

Aktiv1.pdf

Love the wording 'obligation'!!

What obligation??

Deluded fools..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Good morning all, i'm a first time poster but have been registered since last november and have been an avid reader of this site since then. I received the same letter from these people last friday and have hopefully uploaded it in a way that everyone can view it. The only difference is that they offer me a 65% discount!

I can bet they have nothing enforceable, or they would only be offerring a small 25-35% reduction - so I would save the further 35% by paying 0% and telling them to take a hike. Better still tell them nothing and do nothing right now.

If they persist then ask them for a copy of the Notice of Assignment and send the £1 CCA or £10 SAR to the OC (BTW who is the OC?).

Good luck

BD

The DCA's are getting more and more desperate.

A few weeks ago I offered 10% to Lowells as a full and final settlement. They accepted, and so I worte back basically saying, "Ok produce a valid CCA for the account and I will forward payment in 7 days." :D Both the offer and reply were sent headed "without predudice" as it is halfway to becoming Statute Barred and I want to keep it that way. ;)

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

After it all going quiet on the DCA front so far this year, I had one of these from AK today. They hadn't forgotten about me after all :) Though they do appear to have forgotten to supply even a sniff of any proof that I owe anything :rolleyes:

I notice their quote ref numbers. The 1st has quote “AK1” to receive 35% discount and the 2nd has quote “AK5” for 65% discount. Hmmmm, higher the quote No. the better the discount. Tempting to ring and quote AK10 - or shoot em down with AK47 :-)

I just got a 2nd letter from AK about the Egg Loan balance they have "bought" - offerring me a full 10% - yes 1/10 OFF my "Outstanding Balnce with THEM" and telling me that THEY will charge ME interest until I start making payments to them. They don't even say at what rate. Surely that can't be legal?

I have no NOA - nothing from Egg to say they have sold the debt to AK. I therefore believe I have no agreement with AK or any enforceable obligation to them. They are also phoning 1-2 times every day - but "I'm away on holiday" so they speak to my "answering service" who won't answer their security questions or tell them my "whereabouts" or "alternative contact number". I'm surprised they have the time - they must be very busy with all their new Egg "debts"! .

Has anyone else chased up on the NOA question or gone to the wire with AK?

BD

Edited by Bigdebtor

Ours was an MBNA Virgin Card which was 'charged off' on 31 Jan 2009 showing a NIL balance due.

Aktiv Kapital have sent us 6 letters since then all with bargaining options. Just ignore them all :)