Mint Credit Card - Removal of Default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello you helpful lot!

A couple of years ago I received a lot of help on here in fighting off Bryan Carter regarding an outstanding balance on my Mint Credit Card. After CCAing them to no avail, the debt was passed on to another DCA who I basically told to get stuffed and I have not heard from them for over a year which is great.

However, I have recently applied for a mortgage and although my Credit Score is GOOD, the default on this account is preventing me being accepted for a mortgage.

I would really like to get this default removed from my credit file as I know that the Application for this credit card was made online and never signed by myself, but I don't know where to start. Do I go directly to Mint and ask for them to remove the default or do I contact the DCA who last contacted me about this debt and risk stirring them up again to start chasing me? I have also considered going through Experian to have it removed but basically I do not know where to start!

Any advice that you can offer about having the default removed would be great as there are another 3 years before the default is due to be removed and it is frustrating being in a position to purchase a property only to be held back by this :oops:

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT