Update on Claiming charges

kashie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

sorry if i've put this in the wrong place, I have been viewing the site but don't know if I have overlooked this but....are there any template letters with regard to claiming bank charges - after the OFT test case????

Martin Lewis said back in feb 2010 that he would be issuing letters for us to use, but since then have not seen or heard of any.

Does this mean there is no point in following this up anymore?

My case was part refunded on the gounds of hardship - but I was wondering where i stood now with regards to the rest????:confused:

Hi Kashie,

Take a look at Articles 1 and 2 here - The Consumer Forums - Guidance notes

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Ok thanks for that - Have read, but still struggling to get my head around it. Has anyone written to the banks yet requesting their money and if so how did they word it????

I know it says not to use template letters but a peek at someone elses would aid in the writing of my own, and exactly what I would need to include.

Thanks.

Hi Kashie,

I don't know of any such examples but have a look here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/119149-southernsoftee-barclays-3.html#post2917649

Do you have anything from the bank which says what THEY think of their charges.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

nothing from bank apart from a letter saying that they wont be paying anything because the OFT test case was sucessful for them!!!

Just read the link - basically if you are not prepared to go down the court route then it's not worth persueing???

Had this been a couple of years ago, I might have done so, but depression and stress of autistic sons exams fast approaching - I don't think this is an option for me right now. I havent heard from the courts yet regarding my claim, but a Citi claim submitted and stayed at the same time has just been lifted so Barclays will probabley be imminent.

Edited by kashie

Hi Kashie,

Sorry but if you can't take court action just now for whatever reasons, then it is best not to start.

You will get nowhere with Barclays now without taking court action - we've seen this time and time again.

At least you managed to get the £2K back for hardship refunds.

Good luck with everything else including the exams !!