• Tweets

• #1   Posted March 4, 2014 The questionnaires below provide important information which will allow us to help you. In order to use them, you will have to copy them into your own post and then give us the answers – preferably in red below each question. You can start by overwriting the prompt: "Give answer here" below each question – and your responses should automatically appear in red   Thank you +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++   You have received a claim form.   firstly - read all the posts in this thread FIRST...   then copy this first msg to your thread - and put your answer after each question   In order for us to help you we require the following information:- [if there are more than one defendant listed - tell us]     Which Court have you received the claim from ? County Court Business Centre, Northampton, NN1 2LH       If possible please scan redact and upload a full page copy of page 1 of the claim form. (not the response page or AOS)     Name of the Claimant ? Capquest Investments Limited   Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to. 13th January 2022 / 31st January to acknowledge / 14th February to submit defence   Date of issue XX + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = XX + 14 days to submit defence = XX (33 days in total) -   ^^^^^ NOTE : WHEN CALCULATING THE TIMELINE - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DATE ON THE CLAIMFORM IS ONE IN THE COUNT [example: Issue date 01.03.2014 + 19 days (5 days for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 19.03.2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 02.04.2014] = 33 days in total   Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Please type out their particulars of claim in full (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the amounts up/down. 1. The claim is for the sum of £4,608 in respect of monies owing by the defendant on a credit agreement held by the defendant with Sainsburys Bank PLC under account number 4779169679648877 2. A default notice was served upon the defendant and has not been complied with. 3. The balance owed was assigned from HBOS to the claimant, and the defendant has been notified of the assignment by letter. Contact drydensfairfax solicitors on 0113 823 3418   What is the total value of the claim? £4893 (this now includes the Court and Legal Reps fee)   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Yes this is likely but cannot find the letter   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? yes, twice   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? yes, as they have been able to contact me, or when phoning the claimant they have updated the address records Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit Card   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? 03/04/2003   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Think it my have been in store   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? No, not any more   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Assigned to Capquest   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? I cannot recall   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Yes I am sure my wife did   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? No, I have a letter from Capquest dated 10th June 2019 following a letter of complaint I had written declaring they hadn't provided statements between 2010 and 2019   Why did you cease payments? My wife had a breakdown and has been declared as clincially depressed. She has taken medication for many years now.   What was the date of your last payment? Account defaulted with Sainsburys between 2008-2010, we have made token payments ever since without fail   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Not that I can recall   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? We did speak with Sainsburys and agreed to pay £5 per month, then account was assigned to Capquest and we started paying £1 per month. We continued to pay both between 2010 and 2019. The current statement doesn't run beyond 2019. Claim Form.pdf
    • Sorry, I would rather not do that.    I don't really want to get them out as they have 3 more years left and other than roof they pay for all repairs. So as long as I keep on top of any further roof repairs its a decent contract.    So if they fail to reply then I am assuming that I need to MCOL them for unpaid rent and then let the judge decide who is right or wrong? 
    • Ok thanks dx 100uk. I’ll keep u posted
    • Hi again,   Having responded to the court claim for mediation I since have heard nothing from the court. On Thursday this week we received the attached letter from Overdales. Could I ask for advice on this letter and also ask if they should be writing direct when mediation through court is pending?    Thanks Overdales letter.pdf
    • Hi,   My business is now going through insolvency and luckily most of my creditors had been paid.   However, I have an outstanding business loan to Funding Circle of around £40,000 with a personal guarantee to me   Funding Circle have not yet contacted me and all payments have been up to date. My insolvency agent is in the process of contacting creditors now.   I do have a small amount of personal savings but I was wondering what the best steps of action are here for me.   Thanks for your help.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

mechanic Liability?

honehe

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys, well I have bought a new engine and the heads and stuff have been overhauled and it's nearly ready to go in the vehicle. the only thing holding it up is trying to identify a sensor that the clown mechanic broke while taking the engine out. It sits on the side of the right head (as you look at the front of the vehicle) and is near the intake manifold I believe. I have attached some pictures in the hope that someone can identify it so I can order a new one. Sorry for being a pain, but I have tried everywhere to try and identify it and I'm stumped now!! Your help again, would be most appreciated. Wish I was a bloke and had mechanical knowledge! lol. :roll:

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

That's a pressure sensor by the look of it and would suggest the oil one. A temp sensor would have a little tube out of it. Only thing that makes me nervous is that with an oil pressure sensor there is usually a black witness mark on the bottom which dosent appear to be here from the pics.

hi guys, I think it had some sort of plastic tube out the top that has been broken off. I have added some more pics to see if that clears things up. It was on the right head (from the front of the vehicle). Hope this helps. Have just looked at a pic of an oil pressure sensor and it does look similar although it's a different colour.

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

forgot to mention, no it hasn't got a hole at the bottom of it. Wish I knew what was attached to the top of it, might narrow it down a bit. The clown has broken loads of stuff....would have been better hiring an outraged gorilla to do it, might have caused less damage!!!! lol

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread,

I think that is the Ignition or Knock sensor...... about £25 quid or so. I believe Delphi make one. Ill see if I can find the part number for you!!

Baggyboy

it definitely looks like the knock sensor, would the knock sensor be in the location on the head that I mentioned? If so then by george I think you've got it! lol ;)

I don't know these engines to well, but yeah most likely to be on the block somewhere, did the mechanic damage this?? You said you had a misfire and had some ignition work done? I would imagine if this sensor was faulty, a misfire or rough running could be a sympton;)

Fuel injected I believe. Have just read a item about knock sensors and it does say that some V6 engines had them on the left head...I presume that is the view from the drivers seat....but still not sure what the hell this sensor is lol. Does anyone know where I can get a side view of the head with parts description to narrow it down. I have already subscribed to All Data, but it isn't clear on there either!!! Help!!! lol

the clown ripped out everything so nothing is connected anymore. I have just had another look on All Data and found the location of the knock sensor and it is what I'm looking for! So I will order one in the morning. Thanks guys for your ever fantastic assistance and I will keep you posted on progress xx :)

I would suggest that it is a temp sensor using spirit in a capillary tube.

Can you not see any tubing heading through the bulkhead?

Blimey Conniff!! That's going back a few years isn't it? No doubt Hammy will be along to add his two new pence worth.:grin: