mechanic Liability?

honehe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys, well I have bought a new engine and the heads and stuff have been overhauled and it's nearly ready to go in the vehicle. the only thing holding it up is trying to identify a sensor that the clown mechanic broke while taking the engine out. It sits on the side of the right head (as you look at the front of the vehicle) and is near the intake manifold I believe. I have attached some pictures in the hope that someone can identify it so I can order a new one. Sorry for being a pain, but I have tried everywhere to try and identify it and I'm stumped now!! Your help again, would be most appreciated. Wish I was a bloke and had mechanical knowledge! lol. :roll:

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

That's a pressure sensor by the look of it and would suggest the oil one. A temp sensor would have a little tube out of it. Only thing that makes me nervous is that with an oil pressure sensor there is usually a black witness mark on the bottom which dosent appear to be here from the pics.

hi guys, I think it had some sort of plastic tube out the top that has been broken off. I have added some more pics to see if that clears things up. It was on the right head (from the front of the vehicle). Hope this helps. Have just looked at a pic of an oil pressure sensor and it does look similar although it's a different colour.

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

forgot to mention, no it hasn't got a hole at the bottom of it. Wish I knew what was attached to the top of it, might narrow it down a bit. The clown has broken loads of stuff....would have been better hiring an outraged gorilla to do it, might have caused less damage!!!! lol

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread,

I think that is the Ignition or Knock sensor...... about £25 quid or so. I believe Delphi make one. Ill see if I can find the part number for you!!

Baggyboy

it definitely looks like the knock sensor, would the knock sensor be in the location on the head that I mentioned? If so then by george I think you've got it! lol ;)

I don't know these engines to well, but yeah most likely to be on the block somewhere, did the mechanic damage this?? You said you had a misfire and had some ignition work done? I would imagine if this sensor was faulty, a misfire or rough running could be a sympton;)

Fuel injected I believe. Have just read a item about knock sensors and it does say that some V6 engines had them on the left head...I presume that is the view from the drivers seat....but still not sure what the hell this sensor is lol. Does anyone know where I can get a side view of the head with parts description to narrow it down. I have already subscribed to All Data, but it isn't clear on there either!!! Help!!! lol

the clown ripped out everything so nothing is connected anymore. I have just had another look on All Data and found the location of the knock sensor and it is what I'm looking for! So I will order one in the morning. Thanks guys for your ever fantastic assistance and I will keep you posted on progress xx :)

I would suggest that it is a temp sensor using spirit in a capillary tube.

Can you not see any tubing heading through the bulkhead?

Blimey Conniff!! That's going back a few years isn't it? No doubt Hammy will be along to add his two new pence worth.:grin: