• Tweets

• its an extremely stupid idea to go off radar  thats why you got this CCJ   other than informing them of you correct address in WRITING  there is nothing else you need to do or state.   i have never known an enforcement hearing to succeed on a CCJ outside of 6yrs that has to date not been already enforced BUT as the court wont know your address ...it might well succeed.   it is a very stupid idea to run away from debts.            
    • Hi,   No, I did not, I made sure of this.    I want to send them a letter (and advised them this on the phone) but not sure what to send them!!!   Thanks   I set up my own Ltd company in March 2019 and the registered address was always my accountant.   When I changed accountants in May this year I needed to give an address in Wales (I now live in Northern Ireland and it couldn't be used apparently), I changed it to my dads and obviously this is available through Companies House.   They have found his number this way I think, but I may be wrong lol.  
    • So I received the attached reply to my letter that was sent to notify them of my change of address.   This is crazy, I merely stated that I was referring to the account number and that my address was........   Is this sent to try and trick me to acknowledge something?  20201203-COA Reply-CAG.pdf
    • sadly a CCJ  1 stops the SB clock 2. is not part of the limitation act as its a court judgement.   however, failure to enforce a CCJ within 6yrs makes it very difficult for them do so and ofcourse would have to return to court the court via your objection would no doubt refuse them.   it's just some phone jocky trying their luck that you might be a mug and fund their xmas party drinks bill.   IMHO you need do nothing  did you give them your current and correct address?  
    • who told you to pay the council directly and not pay their bailiffs fees? because sadly that is very bad advice since the changes in about 2014 i think it was.   you would of had a NOE fee of £75 (which ofcourse you did get?) , and a visit fees of "235, that being the total they can charge = £310.        
  • Our picks

Tesco car park, public road or not?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2863 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am being reported to the dlva for my car being seen or used on a public road (tesco car park) with no tax. The car is actually taxed and usually has a few old tax discs behind the upto date one. In march when i had a new windscreen fitted someone in their wisdom chose to stick the out of date one to the screen. The police checked their 80% reliable database (their words) and it came back as car untaxed. I have sinced checked my bank and the tax was paid for on 25.02.10 and i have now located the current tax disc. The question is was my car seen on a public road or is it classed as a private car park. Thanks

Edited by theratboy

The definition of a public road is ""Any Highway and any other road to which the public has access, and includes bridges over which a road passes.."

So if you aren't displaying tax, the police can deal with it I'm afraid.

The definition of a public road is ""Any Highway and any other road to which the public has access, and includes bridges over which a road passes.."

The Vehicles Excise and Registration Act 1994 (which covers the vehicle licence requirement) definition of a public road is different, it is 'a road maintained at public expense', I doubt if a Tesco car park fits that definition - although the Police may claim that you drove on a public road to get there!

if they do you for no tax you win. if they do you for not displaying you probably lose. who is reporting you ? have you received anything 'official' ?

Police pcso's gave me a red reciept thing saying they were reporting to the dvla as untaxed car, they did also say that if it turns out the car is taxed, which it i, that i will probably hear no more about it or may just recieve a warning letter for not displaying the tax. I did actually display said tax disc, why would i bother to tax it then not display it, but whoever fitted the new screen undisplayed it. I never thought to check that the current tax disc was still on display and also it is exactly the same colour as the old one.

The car is actually taxed and usually has a few old tax discs behind the upto date one.

OK, I have to ask the question coz no one else has.....

Why do you have old tax disks left in the car behind the new one? On receipt of the new disks, the old one is invalid and should be destroyed. On the face of it, this whole "problem" and potential fine we are discussing here is completely self inflicted. Whilst I hope they have the good sense to drop any "failing to display" offence, I hope you also take on board the sensible approach of removing and destroying old tax disks.

OK, I have to ask the question coz no one else has.....

Why do you have old tax disks left in the car behind the new one? On receipt of the new disks, the old one is invalid and should be destroyed. On the face of it, this whole "problem" and potential fine we are discussing here is completely self inflicted. Whilst I hope they have the good sense to drop any "failing to display" offence, I hope you also take on board the sensible approach of removing and destroying old tax disks.

Some people keep them along with other historical documents relating to their vehicle. Anyone who is familiar with classic cars/collectors will tell you so it's not unusual. Or of course, if you have one of those 'pouch' type holders where you just slide the disc in, then it may be simple lazyness!

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice usefull.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

I keep all documents relating to my cars. Potential buyers may like to see the car has been continually taxed therefore on the road and being used as opposed to standing somewhere. All bills receipts etc are kept so i know when servicing etc was done. Just as well i don't destroy any documents as in this instance i would have destroyed the current tax disc.

Some people keep them along with other historical documents relating to their vehicle.

Perfectly understandable. But not in the car would be more sensible! Keep them with your other valualbe car documents.

Anyone who is familiar with classic cars/collectors will tell you so it's not unusual. Or of course, if you have one of those 'pouch' type holders where you just slide the disc in, then it may be simple lazyness!

My guess, is that this is the much more likely reason, but look at the problems it can cause. ;)

• 2 years later...