THE Election - Made your mind up yet ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No dear, I like to have a healthy debate. I don't need to prove anyone wrong, either they ARE wrong (IMO, of course) and I know from experience that they are unlikely to be willing to be educated, or they're right, and they don't need to be educated. Quite simple really.

What I do like is try to get people to expand their often limited horizon, trying to get them to see things from the other person's point of view, play devil's advocate. That alas often fails too, but that's the way it goes.

I'll say it gain, just to be clear: I don't want to prove people wrong, there's absolutely no interest in that (except in court, but that's a different matter). What I like is try to get them to work out for themselves that they are mistaken and maybe just maybe be willing to learn to go beyond their own limitations.

Patronising!

Never, underestimate the intelligence of people; people that, you do not know.

AC, for 'god's' sake...it isn't rocket science to use that phrase yet again. The bankers have messed up as usual with their greed.

Point being, the country, no matter how it is dressed up, is skint.

The treasury WILL spend circa 10-15 million on bringing that turd to our shores...simples. Now, if you agree (which you have atested to) you won't mind my 15 million to have an athiest event. To be clear - if every man and his dog gets this - we're knackered. Are you aware of the cut backs? Or do you think ALL should have this pathetic right of way?

Unless, maybe, you think the Catholic church is special (puke).

Can I have my money or not. (important point)

No, Thailand!

Not even for your dog:(

We can always go down to B/ton and buy one of those cute little dog handbags, though:)

OOH, and the shop with all the doggy clothes is divine:)

My daughter has a miniature black pug, who wants a ruff and tu-tu:)

No micky taking LOL

LOL @ the handbag coment - you have a personality after all!!

But, what do you mean I can't have my money? (you know what I mean) The state is paying for that piece of **** to come - so why can't we (athiests - normal people) have ours?

Is it ok to bash the bishop.?;)

You can bash all the bad ones, I will assist you...

Please, do not lose sight of the fact that, there are so many wonderful 'Roman Catholic' priests, monks and nuns who have devoted their lives to helping others; good people!

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry cat

Please, do not lose sight of the fact that, there are so many wonderful 'Roman Catholic' priests, monks and nuns who have devoted their lives to helping others; good people!

by Thailand:

Forgive me if I lose sight of that twaddle.

Not twaddle, Thailand!

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry cat

by Thailand:

Forgive me if I lose sight of that twaddle.

Not twaddle, Thailand!

It is complete and utter hogwash. Since you are welcome to believe that tosh, I am also free to dismiss it. Murder and rape included.

Dear chancellor.

You are aware of the many silly religions in the world, but I hear you pay top dollar to invite their leaders (some of which boast head of state - despite the UN disagreeing).

I will require 10 million pounds to bring a s***head to our shores. Oh, wait, I don't believe in fairy's so you can keep it.

Puff.

That's quite an extraordinary statement to make.

I'm not gay (last I checked, and Mr Bookie would have something to say about it I think, lol), but have never ever been called either a gay basher, or patronising.

But then, maybe it's quite simply the fact that I treat people as people, not because or despite their sexuality. And because of that, the people who are kind enough to be my friends despite or because of my sexuality respect my point of view the way I respect theirs.

The most trouble I've ever gotten into with the missus, she was with a group of her friends and they were male bashing, talking about infidelity etc. and she said to me joking "What would upset you more, if I left you for a man or a woman" My reply was "That all depends, is the woman hot and can I watch?"... My guess is that would be Mr Bookies answer aswell :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Booky?

So, in your book, it is not PC to bash the Gay's.

But, okay to bash the 'Roman Catholic' Faith?

I'm not bashing anyone, this is a "quote" from Monty Python, with the "nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition" motto, and I was thus referring to gatecrashing the party Thailand was asking for.

and so:

Never, underestimate the intelligence of people; people that, you do not know.
QED.

Intelligence is no good whatsoever if it isn't allowed access to what it needs to feed on, such as dialogue, discussions, debate, knowledge, culture etc etc... My autistic son has a very high IQ, is extremely intelligent... but still can't access a "normal" curriculum, because his autism is like a curtain blocking the light.

Dogma, ignorance, narrow-mindedness, entrenchment are all barriers to intelligence in exactly the same way. Intelligence is a working tool. If you don't work it, it rusts and seizes. ;-)

I'm not bashing anyone, this is a "quote" from Monty Python, with the "nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition" motto, and I was thus referring to gatecrashing the party Thailand was asking for.

and so:

QED.

Intelligence is no good whatsoever if it isn't allowed access to what it needs to feed on, such as dialogue, discussions, debate, knowledge, culture etc etc... My autistic son has a very high IQ, is extremely intelligent... but still can't access a "normal" curriculum, because his autism is like a curtain blocking the light.

Dogma, ignorance, narrow-mindedness, entrenchment are all barriers to intelligence in exactly the same way. Intelligence is a working tool. If you don't work it, it rusts and seizes. ;-)

The same can be said of a lot of things :)

DG was, I believe, bearing in mind I'm not a guy though, referring to the strange act that guys of all ages perform on themselves frequently. Catholics don't do it though ;)

:

"Office of Fair Trading chief executive John Fingleton, whose annual package is up to £279,999, is the top earner.

This package includes taxable benefits and allowances.

NHS chief executive David Nicholson earns up to £259,999 and the IT Director General and Chief Information Officer at the Department for Work and Pensions, Joe Harley, gets £249,999.

Astonishing!

Looks like some substantial savings can be made...