THE Election - Made your mind up yet ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK this is an issue around only Theresa May. I personally think politicians don't live in the real world and need to try "real life" before they comment. Can we move from the homophobic issue? I'm sure there are bigots on both sides of the fence at any rate! There is plenty more to pick on from the ConDem's about I'm sure :p

One issue close to my heart is the "political reform" that the Lib Dems had put forward (and this seemed to be a key issue for the coalition)

So, here is what the coalition has put forward:-

Personally I don't think "Alternative vote" goes far enough, and I am disappointed (but not surprised!) at the Lib Dems for accepting this.

Check this link BBC News - Q&A: Electoral reform and proportional representation

Now if you compare "1st past the post" with "Alternative vote" you will see that it only benefits the lib dems (as they have positioned themselves at the middle of the road, and so they would be the party chosen by "compromise"). It lowers the Conservatives and the Labour Party. What the people really need is "Single Transferable Vote" or "proportional representation." That would give the voters who live in a "stronghold" and don't like the party with the "stronghold" a reason to vote!

OK enough from me on that one. Leave it for someone else to chew over :p

P.S. Alternative Vote is the one that labour was going to go for aswell, so looks like that is as far as we the voters were going to get :(

Of course, we could go for the famous 'Euro' system of voting which goes along the lines of:

1) This is how we want you to vote. If you vote the wrong way, we'll make you do it again until you get it right.

or

2) We promise the British people a vote.

3) Only kidding. Best just sign on the dotted line without consulting the British people because Britain can't be pushed around like Ireland.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... we have been promised a referendum on the alternative vote! Lets make sure that goes ahead before commenting on the europe thing :p

As I've said before, I'm in a Labour stronghold and did not & will not vote for them as I feel the children in my area are let down. It's a constituancy full of former mining village so you can imagine the chances of a tory getting in here! So, should I even bother voting? Not under the current system!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thailand, I meant no disrespect to you or, anybody;

just voicing my opinion to which I am entitled.

As you are yours.

However, I maintain that 16 is too young to make the decision about being, gay and;

teenage boys could be putting their health at risk, risk of HIV etc.

Not going off topic, as I believe this matter has recently been discussed by MP's.

Incidentally, I used to work in the 'Art' associated industry, therefore in my every day life I encountered both homosexual and heterosexual people.

Of course, we could go for the famous 'Euro' system of voting which goes along the lines of:

1) This is how we want you to vote. If you vote the wrong way, we'll make you do it again until you get it right.

or

2) We promise the British people a vote.

3) Only kidding. Best just sign on the dotted line without consulting the British people because Britain can't be pushed around like Ireland.

Oh yes, please can we move on Fred:)

Thailand, I meant no disrespect to you or, anybody;

just voicing my opinion to which I am entitled.

As you are yours.

You most certainly are.

However, I maintain that 16 is too young to make the decision about being, gay and;

teenage boys could be putting their health at risk, risk of HIV etc.

OK, you'll never work out there is no decision. You also feel that HIV is contracted out of being gay. If only you knew how your are tapping on the fence of being out of order now.

Not going off topic, as I believe this matter has recently been discussed by MP's.

Link please, and whatever, yours or their assertions hold no water with me.

Incidentally, I used to work in the 'Art' associated industry, therefore in my every day life I encountered both homosexual and heterosexual people.

So??!! At no stage have I attempted to mock your rightful opinion, but good grief, how does that claim make one iota of difference? Especially in view of your latest mis-informed claims. :mad:

I feel I am now taking this further off topic, but my word, is it any wonder.

We should just agree to disagree.

My best friend who died last year was gay. He had a mixture of straight and gay friends. We all got on very well together. Never even thought about it - we were all friends. We had a lot of giggles. Over 500 people attended his funeral. He was loved. No-one gave a flying f**k that he was gay. He had been thinking about adoption. Everyone would have supported him.

My boss in my longest job - many years - was gay, and so were his friends. Never even thought about it - apart from the funnies. :D Oh, I am a dizzy queen, he'd say frequently. His boyfriends wandered in and out of the office. I got on with all of them.

In my street there are three gay couples. I know two of them very well. We have a very friendly street. They are just everyone's neighbours, just like the rest of us. One couple have a child who is a credit to them.

None of them carry on like you do, Thailand. I'm sorry you have had such misery to deal with, but there are millions of gay people who are not suffering the same angst as you clearly are, and who aren't looking for a homophobic slant in everything other people say. If you aren't, I apologize, but it does come across like that.

No doubt you will now say that my friendships and experiences and therefore lack of homophobia have nothing to do with it, as you have said to AC.

Well... we have been promised a referendum on the alternative vote! Lets make sure that goes ahead before commenting on the europe thing :p

Well Brown's gone so it will happen - the others won't be that dishonourable.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

by Thailand:

...You also feel that HIV is contracted out of being gay."

No, of course not!

but the added rsik is there for teenage boys/young men, as well as other diseases. (perhaps HPV also?)!

I note that, Dr. Julian Lewis MP has been ticked off by his comments on the matter by DC; not politically correct, perhaps for the Tory Party?

To be honest, anything that I say further on this matter will get me into deep water...

My best friend who died last year was gay. He had a mixture of straight and gay friends. We all got on very well together. Never even thought about it - we were all friends. We had a lot of giggles. Over 500 people attended his funeral. He was loved. No-one gave a flying f**k that he was gay. He had been thinking about adoption. Everyone would have supported him.

My boss in my longest job - many years - was gay, and so were his friends. Never even thought about it - apart from the funnies. :D Oh, I am a dizzy queen, he'd say frequently. His boyfriends wandered in and out of the office. I got on with all of them.

In my street there are three gay couples. I know two of them very well. We have a very friendly street. They are just everyone's neighbours, just like the rest of us. One couple have a child who is a credit to them.

None of them carry on like you do, Thailand. I'm sorry you have had such misery to deal with, but there are millions of gay people who are not suffering the same angst as you clearly are, and who aren't looking for a homophobic slant in everything other people say. If you aren't, I apologize, but it does come across like that.

No doubt you will now say that my friendships and experiences and therefore lack of homophobia have nothing to do with it, as you have said to AC.

Agree DD!

Not sure what ALL the fuss is about?

Looks like I have upset some?

Not intentional:(

For my part, I was just trying to speak up for the "women" whose lives have been torn apart by cancer.

If my word's upset anyone, I am sorry!

That's the thing, isn't it. You have me defined - yet are a million miles away! No offence, but you are indeed off on one. ;) It's just what you see. You think I'm on some sort of mission, which, I might add, I half don't blame you since you know how anti-catholic I am. BUT, no - your wrong, DD. Don't judge my 'angst' honey, I just don't like comments such as 'I think NOT' and thoughts of HIV (which are always aimed at gays no matter what excuse comes up)

I am sorry about my 'misery' but I think you confuse my frustration with what has been said.

Such a lovely story though. :)

Still, 'None of them carry on like me' WOW. Here was I thinking I was just defending 'orrible misgivings about HIV which won't be deleted?

You don't know me at all, and nor do I know you, so lets stick to the facts of what have ben said. Maybe you should read AC's posts again, but, I fear it is lost on you.

Oh Dear,

Off to my bed, fed up with all of this!

That is the trouble often with the written word; misconstrued meaning's...

Speak to someone, face to face;

debate and then just maybe, one can put one's true thoughts across?

The only way forward is a Referendum!

Something that was denied to us re: The Lisbon Treaty?

There's a bar in our town centre called The Lisbon, very popular with the gay community:p

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Sexuality is not a life choice, you cannot choose to be gay, straight, ?, bi etc. The sooner we all recognise that the better.

In my opinion there should be parity between the age of consent, if it is lawful for straight teenagers at 16 then it should be for gay, ? and bi teenagers.

Hiv is an issue for people of all sexualities as is any other sexually transmitted disease.

The allocation of resources for IVF treatment should be decided on fairness and not dependant on the decision maker's religious beliefs, sexuality or moral standpoint.

Just thought I would throw my two penneth in.

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Sexuality is not a life choice, you cannot choose to be gay, straight, ?, bi etc. The sooner we all recognise that the better.

In my opinion there should be parity between the age of consent, if it is lawful for straight teenagers at 16 then it should be for gay, ? and bi teenagers.

Hiv is an issue for people of all sexualities as is any other sexually transmitted disease.

The allocation of resources for IVF treatment should be decided on fairness and not dependant on the decision maker's religious beliefs, sexuality or moral standpoint.

Just thought I would throw my two penneth in.

Thank you. You managed to say concisely what I was trying to say.

Btw AC, I assume '? or homosexual' was a mistake.

THE Election - Made your mind up yet ??

arg-n-50-trans.gifarg-o-5O-tRr-a-pl0ase-ns.gifarg-exclaim-50-trans.gif

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

There's a title that only tells 1/2 the story... :rolleyes:

"But while the parties have pledged to make a "substantial increase" to the personal allowance from April 2011, they are not expected to raise it to £10,000 in one go"

"Tax experts are predicting VAT will be increased in the emergency Budget, probably from 17.5% to 20%"

Oh, and while we're at it:

March 24, Osborne says: "Labour's NI increase is a tax rise on working people."

Now: Coalition statement reveals no reverse in 1% National Insurance rates rise for workers.

Hmmm... I think their spin doctors are doing quite enough with the propaganda, AC, no need to repeat it, I'd suggest checking the facts behind the spin, or you'll end up with no more credibility than them. ;-)

Edit: Forgot to add that retirement age is planned to be increased to 66, though not straight away. Thank you, that hits my husband just right, he'll have to work longer than planned! :mad:

Edited by Bookworm

There's a title that only tells 1/2 the story... :rolleyes:

"But while the parties have pledged to make a "substantial increase" to the personal allowance from April 2011, they are not expected to raise it to £10,000 in one go"

"Tax experts are predicting VAT will be increased in the emergency Budget, probably from 17.5% to 20%"

Oh, and while we're at it:

March 24, Osborne says: "Labour's NI increase is a tax rise on working people."

Now: Coalition statement reveals no reverse in 1% National Insurance rates rise for workers.

Hmmm... I think their spin doctors are doing quite enough with the propaganda, AC, no need to repeat it, I'd suggest checking the facts behind the spin, or you'll end up with no more credibility than them. ;-)

Edit: Forgot to add that retirement age is planned to be increased to 66, though not straight away. Thank you, that hits my husband just right, he'll have to work longer than planned! :mad:

Well the new government has a bit of a mess to sort out that it didn't create. You can blame it on who you like but you can't blame it on the Lib Dems or the Conservatives. It has to be sorted out and we all knew that whoever got in, taxes would have to rise.

Edited by Fred Bassett

by Booky:

" AC, no need to repeat it, I'd suggest checking the facts behind the spin, or you'll end up with no more credibility than them."

Err?

I simply came across the article on AOL and thought it of interest to members.

Nothing more, nothing less!

by Booky:

" AC, no need to repeat it, I'd suggest checking the facts behind the spin, or you'll end up with no more credibility than them."

Err?

I simply came across the article on AOL and thought it of interest to members.

Nothing more, nothing less!

!!!:)