Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • I took out an unsecured personal loan with Mint (Royal Bank of Scotland) in 2006. Later that year I moved overseas. I own and rented out my property in the UK. During the financial crisis I hit hard times and defaulted on the loan. I had updated RBS with my contact details overseas but it has transpired that they obtained a CCJ and then placing a lean on my property with the Land Registry. I did not know about this until recently. Some initial investigation tells me that RBS or their solicitors sent/served all court documents or demand letters to the property in the UK where they knew I did not reside. I've just looked into shifting my mortgage and can't do that with this entry. It's for about five thousand pounds.   I want to query if anyone knows whether I can get the registry entry removed on the basis that I was not served and how I'd go about that? I have none of the documents from Mint but I know I'm past the statute of limitations now and I'm wary of getting in touch with a request for any and all information about this in case they deem it an acknowledgement that I owe the debt? I would expect they would have some record of my communication as to my change of address. I also had a credit card address with them at the time and have some old documents posted to my overseas address that can verify I did communicate with the company as to my overseas status and address. I think with the CCJ on the loan they were up to skullduggery so I would not defend it.   Past having the land registry entry removed, I wondered about getting the debt vacated. When I was struggling with the debt around 2009 I sought advice on here on what could be done and I seem to recall an issue with banks having invalid contracts around 2006-2009. In short, the contracts were void and I think the advice was that they couldn't enforce. I can't recall if that was correct and I wondered if anyone on here knows what that was about?    I'm also wondering if I should just make a complaint to the financial ombudsman and see if they can resolve the issue? I had a complaint in against my Mint card with them in about 2011 regarding a declined chargeback request which got resolved quite quickly, I got the view that the complaint and the amount (also about five grand) wasn't worth their time and so they offered a refund on the amount.   Many thanks for your advice!
    • Hi   I agree with Bankfodder that you really need to start looking for somewhere else.   What this Landlord has done to both yourself and your mother is harassment and need to be reported to both the Council and the Police by both yourself and your mother   Couple of links on repairs:   Private renting: Repairs - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK Private renting as a tenant - repairs, rent increases and arrears, settling disputes, deposits and your rights and responsibilities     Repairs in rented housing WWW.CITIZENSADVICE.ORG.UK Overview and content list for repairs in rented housing.     Landlord and tenant responsibilities for repairs - Shelter England ENGLAND.SHELTER.ORG.UK Your landlord is responsible for most repairs in your home and should make sure it’s safe. Tenants are responsible for some minor repairs & any...    
    • Hi   Just thought I would pop in and see how this is going?   If other residents are having the same issues the all need to make a Formal Complaint to the Housing Association and title it as such each individually and they all must point out this is a Health & Safety matter with tiles coming off the roofs. 
    • A Subject Access Request (SAR) is very simple all you need to do is use this simple phrase 'ALL DATA' that covers whatever format they hold your Data in whether it be telephone recordings, emails, writing etc.   They then have 30 Calendar Days to comply and that time limit only starts once they have acknowledged receipt of your SAR Request and do not play at asking you to prove your ID which can increase said time limit.   Have you actually asked them to provide you with a copy of there Public Liability Insurance? (if not ask them to provide a copy)
    • Funny Face Bakery shot to fame when Kris Jenner and Kim Kardashian posted about its cookies.View the full article
  • Our picks

cabot financial keep searching my credit file

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

hi sorry if i am posting in wrong place!:confused:


can anyone please give me advice or point me in the right direction?


I am finally getting my credit rating back to normal after several long years and I have no more defaults etc on my file...however cabot financial are continuing to search my credit file for an outstanding debt?!? I am unsure what specifically to write to them about and how to go about making sure they no longer search my file..(surely they cant if the debt is to old to even be on my file)


its currently stopping me from obtaining even a decent bank account as i am currently still sitting with a squirrel card (thanks BOS!):evil:

Link to post
Share on other sites

If they are continually searching wihtout any valid reason you can write to their dtata controller asking why and demand them stop and remove the searches

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.


Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...