Lloyds CCA, where do I go with This?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This relates to a Texaco credit card account that was opened in 2003, then the account was taken over by Lloyds TSB in 2005, I think.

Anyhow, after reading and implementing advice on this site, I requested a copy of the credit agreement in March 2009. when I did not recieve a response within 12+2 days I sent the 'account in dispute' letter.

I then sent a Subject Access Request and recieved their package in July 2009.

I was sent a 20 page reconstituted agreement with all the terms and condtions that you would expect, but it was not dated, no signature from them or me, no mention of Texaco (the original Card) and it had my new address on the 'so called' agreement, which I didnt move into until 2007.

The account is now in hands of Wescot Credit Services, who are persuing me for the balance of £1750.

I sent Lloyds a letter recently (attatched File) and recieved their final response.(Link Below)

Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/2g99849412j - Uploaded by SanMartino

Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/jklloydsresponseapril2010j - Uploaded by SanMartino

Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/6rlloydsresponseapril2010j - Uploaded by SanMartino

I dont want to give up, but I am out of ideas.

If any one could help, I would be grateful.

Copy of Letter to Lloyds for CF March 25 2010.doc

I actually sent a letter to Wescot as well,(attatchment).

I am waiting on a response.

Let me ask you this, if Lloyds are unwilling to admit that they have no record of a signed agreement at all, should'nt the Debt Collector realise this after my repeated correspondence and stop asking me for payment?

Also, what bearing if at all does the Carey ruling have if I were taken to court, as I have not recieved a true copy of a signed agreement, but a reconstituted one.

Thanks.

Letter to Wescot March for CAG.doc

The original signed Agreement MUST be presented at Court, they can reconstitute all they want but the Original is still required in any Court Proceedings they bring.

I believe that they can still 'request' payments, providing this does not becom 'harrassment' but they cannot go down the Summons route and expect to win with no Original Agreement.

Technically they are also not allowed to pass on (sell) an account in dispute so that is why it is important to send (Recorded) the account in dispute letter.

Just to get this clear in my own head, you CCA'd Lloyds, they failed to supply the docs, you sent the account in dispute (recorded delivery?) They then farmed it out to westsnot? Who are now the owners of the lemon?

If that is correct, then all you need send Westsnot is the bemused letter; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute

Have they marked your credit file at all?

Read this: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/254802-no-cca-processing-your.html

As for them constantly sending you empty threats, it is exactly the same as a naughty child who is only acting up to get some sort of attention and reaction out of you, as soon as you ignore them, they pack it in, and go annoy someone else.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

''Just to get this clear in my own head, you CCA'd Lloydslink3.gif, they failed to supply the docs, you sent the account in dispute (recorded delivery?) They then farmed it out to westsnot? Who are now the owners of the lemon?''

The answer to your question is Yes, Yes and Yes.

I have kept all recorded delivery reciepts, I will now send the bemused letter off to Wescot, a passage about the £500,00 fine will be included.

I will also write to the the Information Commissioner`s Office about the

data breach, i will keep you informed of any correspondebce.

Last time I checked my credit file, only Lloyds Tsb has issued a default Notice on this account.

Thanks a lot

San Martino

I too asked Lloyds to send CAA to me a year or so ago. They send back very much the same thing, with no date, etc but mine did not have the word 'Card' in title. So it did not read Credit card Agreement, just credit agreement. Is this valid and enforceable? Or I am wrong? By the way, Good luck.

Can anyone tackle the problem of explaining this, if asked to defend:

Lloyds Tsb Quote: '' Despite claiming to give the bank notice that this account is in dispute you have given no valid reason to dispute it. If I may draw your attention to the statements that we have sent you each month, they are actually a validation of the debt.These statements show actual transactional information together with payments you have made to the account.''

Thanks

San Martino

Thank you Cerberusalert,

Is there a link to a letter that so i can reply to Lloyds and Wescot that will detail what you have said even though they have reminded me that their response is final.

Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/jklloydsresponseapril2010 j - Uploaded by SanMartino

Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/6rlloydsresponseapril2010 j - Uploaded by SanMartino

Thank You for yout imput

San Martino