Jump to content

Talk Talk Advice Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts


This is a bit longwinded so please bear with me. I switched telephone and broadband services from Talk Talk to BT, the telephone in October 2009 and the broadband was finally completed on the 10th December 2009. However Talk Talk is still charging me for their broadband. Every month I ring up explaining the problem and every month they have agreed that there is a problem and I am promised that the money will be paid back into my account. I cannot cancel the direct debit as they tell me that this is the way they refund customers. So far I am owed around 65 pounds but it's the principal now.


I am getting no joy talking with their complaints department and the whole thing is turning into a bit of a farce as I'm going round in circle every month. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to proceed?




Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to CAG




Firstly forget about phoning them. Write a letter of complaint to the Managing Director. Establish dates and payments. Make sure you header the letter complaint.

Tell them you want a refund within 14 days, after that you take them to the small claims court


You could also explore Direct Debit help centre

Link to post
Share on other sites

Write to them here :-

TalkTalk Telecom Limited

Customer Services

1 Portal Way


W3 6RS


Explain what's gone wrong. Ask them to stop taking money and to refund you the £65. If they are unwilling to do this, ask for a "Deadlock" letter so you can escalate the problem to Otelo.


That normally does the trick as a complaint to Otelo costs TalkTalk a sum of money reguardless of who is at fault, so it would work out cheeper to pay you stright off ;)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)


Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.


923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE



Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)


If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site


Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much Folks, I've sent a letter to the MD and a letter to customer services asking for a deadlock letter if my money is not going to be returned.


I have spoken again with another person last night who made exactly the same noises as the other guys but I'm not holding my breath.


Thanks again - I'll let you know how it works out

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...