HSBC - 5 calls this evening!!!

HF whO?
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had to leave it a short while before posting because I was raging after speaking to the 5th advisor this evening who had called just 15 minutes or so after the last call I took!

The calls are not for me (makes a change) but on each call I have stated that I will get the person they are asking for to call them back.

I have managed to refrain from being abusive but they really did get up my nose.

Apparently HSBC inform me that they are allowed to call up until 21:00:shock: Not in my house they're not! I have a two year old son who is a nightmare to get to sleep at the best of times without these dipsticks calling.

I instructed the last two advisors to send a letter, the very last one who called moments before 21:00 agreed that he would do this but calls are made automatically so there may be more???

Is the 21:00 rule correct?

When does a caller qualify as being harrassing?

I know that this call is regarding a credit card account with HSBC that was first taken out 5-6 years ago. The holder of the account wants to do everything they can in order to pay the debt off and doesn't fancy going through the whole proceedure of ensuring all the agreements etc. are in place and valid.

Could anyone please assist with the best route to follow please

Many Thanks:)

Edited by HF whO?
Thread going un noticed???

Send them this

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/52-harassment/135--harassment-by-telephone-response-letter-

Any more than one call a day is harrassment in my book, and I've told them that straight, with this letter...no more phone calls. They're obliged to take note of this as well or you can take action against them. They may fob u off with "a debt is owed so we can do what we want,"...which they cant. They're bound by rules and regulations as well...somethign they quite often chose to forget or ignore.

• Haha 2

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

Thanks for your reply Rayne, I have still been taking charge of the situation .

Since joining this forum I no longer refuse to answer the telephone, I answer politely and soon as it is known that it is HSBC I tell them that the person they are asking for is not available and that any correspondance should be done by letter as our financial matters are not dealt with over the telephone.

We are still receiving numerous calls during the day and still up to 21:00 so I will definitely send a letter to HSBC addressing this.

Remember, keep your cool at all times, don't be intimidated by a piece of plastic, if you don't like what you're listening to, put the phone down - and remember the most important thing of all is to put and get things in writing at all times.

:D:D:D

• 1 month later...

The debt was passed on to Metropolitan Collection Services Limited who have also been calling on a regular basis so they have now been sent a CCA request!

£1 Postal Order and Sent recorded delivery

I also included the part about the harassing calls;)

MCS is an "In House" collection service of HSBC so same people or someone at the opposite desk lol

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

The debt was passed on to Metropolitan Collection Services Limited who have also been calling on a regular basis so they have now been sent a CCA request!

I also included the part about the harassing calls;)

Still no reply to the CCA that was sent but another letter has been received Today from Metropolitan Collection Services - Dated 21st June 2010:???:

ScannedImage-3.jpg

I think a letter saying

" I acknowledge your letter dated 21st June 2010 but would like to draw your attention back to my letter including a £1 Postal Order for requesting the Consumer Credit Agreement dated blah blah blah"

Unless anyone thinks I should write something different?;)

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds good to me, alhough, is the account in dispute yet, and it doesn't matter if you've filed a claim or not? If it's in dispute, they honestly shouldn't be chasing anything anyway.

Also, is it possible the letters passed in the post?

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

stop talking to the fleecers on the phone!

fire off the harrassment letter.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sounds good to me, alhough, is the account in dispute yet, and it doesn't matter if you've filed a claim or not? If it's in dispute, they honestly shouldn't be chasing anything anyway.

Also, is it possible the letters passed in the post?

Well there was a chance that the letters may have passed in the post but a response still has not been received and if I'm correct at the end of Today that will be the end of the 12 working days so just the +2 to go:D

stop talking to the fleecers on the phone!

fire off the harrassment letter.

dx

I also included the part about the harassing calls:wink:

The calls have stopped;) Edited by HF whO?

:D

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On the final day of the 12+2 Metropolitan have produced!

Not what I asked for but a response nonetheless

ScannedImage-4.jpg

The letter that was sent was signed by my other half but not using her usual signature.

I asked that she sign it with her first, middle and surname in her own hand writing.

This was completed and sent recorded with the £1 postal order.

As they have not complied with the request I am now going to proceed with the "Account in default" letter.

Can anyone think of any reason as to why I shouldn't do this? I'm sure I have also seen information on here that advises on such tactics used by these collection agencies so I'm off to search ;)

go get 'em!

dx

and they

go get 'em!

dx

lol

My letter was dated and posted on (14:40) 16th of June 2010, it was signed for on the 18th June 2010.

The way I understand it is that the +2 (working days) is to allow for 1 day postage there and back?

So this means that the default date would be???

16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

7th July 2010? End of Today???

Or... Is the 8th??? :confused::confused::confused:

no

posted 16th + 2 working days = friday 18th then 12 calendar days from then = 30th!

even if its 2 weeks thats the 2nd so well overdue

dx

and they

no

posted 16th + 2 working days = friday 18th then 12 calendar days from then = 30th!

even if its 2 weeks thats the 2nd so well overdue

dx

I have been trying to go by this

Letter used when a company fail to provide a copy of your agreement within the 12+2 working days timescale after your initial request for a copy of your agreement made under s 77/8 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Highlights in red must be edited)

I don't want to get the date wrong and then find that I lose out due to a "technicality" :mad:

In fact, come to think of it. Why do I need to even put the date? 12+2 working days has been allowed for regardless. I'm just informing them that the account is NOW in dispute:D

Here, I've left it as this for the time being;)

On 16th June 2010 I made a formal request for a true signed agreement for the alleged account under consumer credit Act 1974 s77/8. This was signed for as delivered on the 18th June 2010

You have failed to comply with my request, and as such the account has now entered default.

well whichever way, they outside the timescale of 14 working days [if CCA was sent 1st class/recorded].

dx

and they

I'm with DX on this. The 14 day timescale is long past and as such until the CCA actually turns up then it's unenforcable. That doesn't mean it's written off it just means that until they produce a valid CCA then they cannot chase you and to do so would land them in a lovely steaming pile of 25 year old manure :)

I'll try and dig out the appropriate letter now for you

I'm with DX on this. The 14 day timescale is long past and as such until the CCA actually turns up then it's unenforcable. That doesn't mean it's written off it just means that until they produce a valid CCA then they cannot chase you and to do so would land them in a lovely steaming pile of 25 year old manure :)

I'll try and dig out the appropriate letter now for you

Thanks Rayne, I am under no illusion that this debt becomes written off;)

Thanks for that link, I have constructed a letter using the Refused CCA due to NO SIGNATURE letter and the Account in default letter from the Debt Collectors Library.

I cannot send the letter until Friday now anyway so I shall just put Fridays date on it and use "Now in default" rather than stating the exact date that I believe the account entered default;)

Thanks to everyone for your help, I will post up when I have posted the letter :cool:

Good man :)

Guest jsa12

i cannot understand why people give their telephone number to these companies',while it is illegal to cause needless anxiety/nuisance over a public telephone network they will still do so. i give them an old virgin sim number,once i had a call from metropolitan the woman snapped at me "are you refusing to identify your self" who you speak to on your phone is up to you.they sit there waiting for someone to pick up that's why sometimes there is silent calls'.

beware of those who attempt to mislead who they really are,some time ago i received a suspicious call in the evening from a someone who couldn't help giggle rabbit on about life insurance and proporting to be from an american life insurance company.this i suspect was metropolitan.also the suspect MBNA "home owner loans for preferred customers" letters with a birmingham returns address on the back and a reference beginning MC offering to increase the debt to a total of £28,997.60 from £8000 unsecured the last thing someone would want to do.

here is how to do a dark strip in word downloaded from here at the forum.

if you truly have to use your signature, create a way that it would be hard to copy.

One good way that was recommended is to use a shaded text box. Especially if you sign over the edges.

To make a shaded text box in word:

Go to Insert, then Text box.

Move the cursor over the chevrons on the outside of the box and move the box to the desired location. Double click the box if they don't show.

Resize the box as required using the little circles on the chevrons on the outside of the box.

Double click the chevrons and a new box pops up. This allows you to enter the background colour, line colour and thickness.

I have used a standard box with a FILL COLOUR of -25 GREY.

and the anti-tamper sign, the bank will have your signature anyway so its really pointless sending in digital form.i would only send a digital signature if i had never signed something.i have been waiting for my cca since march from account opened 1996,they (metropolitan)went quite about the first months stopped payment and wrote the following month about making further payments as agreed totally ignoring refference to the previous cca request and follow up reminder,the account dispute letter was sent and a further letter arrived thanking me for my letter and would respond when in a position to do so,its nearly two months and nothing, no statement, no cca.i am really fed up with them because of the way they carried on in the past demanding substantial increases in payments then trying to hassle another pound on the phone,i would not speak to them on the telephone ever again,they did offer to settle at a discount of up to 30% last year and i hadn't heard from them since the letter two months ago.i have a feeling i will be waiting a while longer.

ANTITAMPERSIGN.jpg

Edited by jsa12
update