Rachael Vs Halifax. ROUND 1!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya all,

I guess we are all in same boat here. My exception being, I'm not too clued up on this thing!!(computer that is!) :oops:

I have just typed out and printed my preliminary approach for repayment letter, and I was just about to attempt the spreadsheets, when I realised that on the statements they have sent me, all the charges are described as 'charges as notified'. No descriptions at all!! :mad:

Does this mean I have to get back in contact with them for reasons why charges were incurred? Or will that description surfice for all of it? :confused:

Are any of you good folk in the same boat here?

many thanks in advance, :D :D :D

Rach

Firstly welcome

Just put the description of the charges exactly as they appear on the statements. I had the same with the Halifax, so just put 'Charges as Notified' in each description and I had no problems

Hope that helps

Richard

Halifax Bank Account - Settled in Full £650 MCOL Stage

Halifax Credit Card - MCOL Filed (£100)

Halifax Personal Loan - LBA Sent (£80)

Citi/Associates Credit Card - MCOL Filed

Aqua Credit Card - MCOL Filed

MBNA Credit Card - Settled in Full with Contractual Interest

Capital One Credit Card - Settled In Full £100 Prelim Stage

GE Money Personal Loan - MCOL Filed

HFC Personal Loan - MCOL Filed

Ok, hopefully one of you angels will be able to help this poor computer illiterate lady out!

I think I have done my spread sheets. I have just printed out dates, 'charges as notified' plus when they were levied. On printing these up, they haven't printed as a 'spreadsheet' but in list format. Does this make a difference?

Thanks in advance.

Rachael

Just to let you know, I won agaonst the Halifax for £650

The list is what should print, so you have done it correctly.

Hope this helps

Halifax Bank Account - Settled in Full £650 MCOL Stage

Halifax Credit Card - MCOL Filed (£100)

Halifax Personal Loan - LBA Sent (£80)

Citi/Associates Credit Card - MCOL Filed

Aqua Credit Card - MCOL Filed

MBNA Credit Card - Settled in Full with Contractual Interest

Capital One Credit Card - Settled In Full £100 Prelim Stage

GE Money Personal Loan - MCOL Filed

HFC Personal Loan - MCOL Filed

• 1 month later...

Little update folks!

Nothing special, I have sent spreadsheets, and heard..........a big fat nothing! Have been away for a few weeks, so have only just been able to look into this. I am guessing I carry on with my LBA as normal? Was worried I had done something wrong, but on a quick glance around, there seems to be plenty in same boat.

WELL DONE rkilbride. Hope I will be in same situation soon.

Rachael

just to check rachel, did you delete the interest columns?

"Banks are people that will lend you an umbrella when it's sunny, but demand it back the minute it starts raining"

Brad v Halifax

22/08/06 - Preliminary Letter sent requesting full repayment of charges

06/09/06 - LBA sent to bank

yes....just checking :)

"Banks are people that will lend you an umbrella when it's sunny, but demand it back the minute it starts raining"

Brad v Halifax

22/08/06 - Preliminary Letter sent requesting full repayment of charges

06/09/06 - LBA sent to bank

Another update.......

This time I think i did something daft!

Sent LBA (or gave to hubby to send for me!!) on Friday 6th, however, he just stuck 1st class stamp on it! It wasn't sent recorded or anything! Should I send another one? Recorded this time, or hold out?

Also what sort of reasonable time should I start the 14days from. I guessed from Weds 11th(today)

Minklemoo

Received letter this morning ( so at least they received LBA-HURRAH!) stating their findings only apply to c/cards, therefore no refund of charges apply to me!

Now...I am positive that this is bunkum....however, do I have to contact them again to state I am sticking to original plan, as they have said if they don't hear from me within next 8 weeks they are closing file. OR do I just stick to original plan, and file court action on the 25th as planned?

If I do have to contact them, is there a template to use (don't recall seeing one)

Thanks in advance of any light being shed on this.

Rachael

Starting to feel a tad jittery now. Time is up on Wednesday. Is it better to do MCOL or N1? Is there anywhere I can look up what info I will need for these forms, as the legal wording of them confuses me a little!

If I have got this right, all the info I gather will have to be submitted to the court 14 days before the trial date?

Around how long is it between submitting a claim and getting a date? I realise this will differ from court to court, I just wanted a rough jist.

Sorry there are a lot of Q's on here, but like I said, I am feeling a bit nervous about it all now!

Rachael

I have another question for you guys......

I now have my N1 form (not filled in as yet) I am due to move in 2-3 weeks time. Should I fill form and hand it in now....or wait until I have moved?

Not sure what the consequences are of either action.

Any help would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, my problem has now resolved itself. The house sale fell through! :(

So I am going to fill in N1 form tonight.

Is it important to print out info on forms, or can you had write them? Also, do I have to print up 3 copies of N1 form, or can I photocopy filled out one another 2 times?

Any help at all will be gratefully received. I have delayed long enough filling out this form through being scared to death!

• 2 weeks later...

Yayyyy finally have court fees, have my completed N1 form, and am taking it to the court tomorrow.

2 copies go to the court along with spreadsheets, and 1 to Halifax.

I thought I sent the Halifax one to Trinity Road, but have just read 'no'. So where do I send it?

please please help. Need to get this done tomorrow. Thanks in advance

Guest bluecloud

All three copies of the N1 (and 3 copies of the Schedule of Charges) go to the Court - they keep 1, send the Halifax 1 for you and send 1 back to you. All stamped.

You don't send any copies elsewhere yourself.

Thanks bluecloud for that. I would of made a complete you-know-what-of myself!

makes my life a little easier. Is it Trinity Road, as I have seen many posts that say yes, then I saw one earlier that said no, but didn't give an alternative!

if you send it to Trinity Road, it will be fine. they have mail rooms @ Leeds, Halifax, and a few others- so will defo be sorted

AB123uk

IF MY COMMENTS ARE USEFUL, PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES!

Halifax Staff Current Account WON

Lloyds WON

Yorkshire WON

Halifax Staff Visa WON

If CAG Helped you..... Why not help CAG!

Click Donate at the top of the forum!

Oyster- I fought the Lloyds will have it's mark in history- have you downloaded your Official Charges Track?