CCA - Loan Agreement - Reply Received!

tj29
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Ive just received a copy of my loan agreement from Barclays and need some advise on what to do next.

I have attached the agreement, but they are not in the correct order and there are duplicates of pages, Ive attached them as I have received them!!!

With the agreement there is a covering letter stating:

' We are pleased to provide you with a copy of your credit agreement and a financial statement. Sections 77 & 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (as amended) do not require Barclays Bank to provide you with a signed original form of the credit agreement and in accordance with the Act it is not the policy of Barclays Bank to provide this'.

Is the above statement correct? What else do I need to check within the agreement?

BarclaysReplypg1.jpg

BarclaysReplypg9.jpg

BarclaysReplypg8.jpg

BarclaysReplypg7.jpg

BarclaysReplypg10.jpg

BarclaysReplypg5.jpg

BarclaysReplypg4.jpg

BarclaysReplypg3.jpg

BarclaysReplypg2.jpg

BarclaysReplypg10.jpg

Many Thanks

Edited by tj29
Attchements Added!

Hi tj,

Have a look at the "Checking your Credit Agreement" link in my signature below.

I'm not sure why Miss Muppett says the letter from Barclays is good news. :confused:

These loan agreements from Barclays tend to be enforceable, ie they are properly executed.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Many Thanks for your reply, Ive had a look through but Im not that great at what all the jargon means, could anyone take a look for me?

Is your signature on the agreement which they sent to you.

Otherwise the agreement looks compliant at first glance, as it includes the APR, credit amount, manner of repaying, etc. These are the Prescribed Terms which are necessary for the agreement to be properly executed.

Have you missed any payments and been charged Penalty Charges at any time during the loan, or have you kept up the repayments.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Is your signature on the agreement which they sent to you.

Otherwise the agreement looks compliant at first glance, as it includes the APR, credit amount, manner of repaying, etc. These are the Prescribed Terms which are necessary for the agreement to be properly executed.

Have you missed any payments and been charged Penalty Charges at any time during the loan, or have you kept up the repayments.

Hiya,

Thanks for your reply.

My signature is not on the agreement they sent, nor any signatures from any of the Barclays staff.

Ive never missed any payments nor have I received any charges during the loan.

Many Thanks

Hi tj,

Since the recent ruling in Carey v HSBC (as part of the Manchester test cases about enforceability), the banks are being tighter in NOT sending out credit agreements.

Until recently, the FOS would still force the banks to send out a copy of the signed original but they now appear to have changed this after Manchester.

If you stop paying on the basis of their failure to supply a signed (or properly executed) credit agreement, they will trash your credit rating and issue a Default Notice long before they take you to court. Only when they take court action will they produce the signed agreement, if they have it.

Hi tj,

Since the recent ruling in Carey v HSBC (as part of the Manchester test cases about enforceability), the banks are being tighter in NOT sending out credit agreements.

Until recently, the FOS would still force the banks to send out a copy of the signed original but they now appear to have changed this after Manchester.

If you stop paying on the basis of their failure to supply a signed (or properly executed) credit agreement, they will trash your credit rating and issue a Default Notice long before they take you to court. Only when they take court action will they produce the signed agreement, if they have it.

So what do you suggest?

Do I send another letter stating I would like a signed credit agreement or stop paying risk my credit rating and hope that they do not have a signed agreement?

Hi tj,

It would help us to advise you if we know what YOU want to achieve here.

Are you struggling to repay the loan or just looking to see if it is enforceable.

Getting a court to rule a debt as unenforceable by taking the bank to court is no longer viable.

But you may still be able to defend a case against you, brought by the bank, if they have no proper agreement.

Barclays will not readily produce the signed credit agreement but that does NOT mean they don't have one. As I said above, Barclays usually seem to have correct documents for this type of bank loan.