Cash Genie-help needed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I had a defaulted account with Cash Genie which i have been paying £30 per month to clear for around the last 9 months. I went to buy my travelcard this morning and my card was declined. I checked my bank statement when i got into work and Cash Genie have taken 12 different payments today totalling £299.25. I called the person I was dealing with and he was saying oh the account has been cleared now i see you did have an arrangment set up but i can't offer a refund because the account is now closed. I am happy to say that you can now re apply and there is no negative mark on your credit file :mad: i said but i never authorised the payments and he basically said i did becasue they had my card details to take the £30 per month. I have 1 pound left until the 31st of May, I cannot buy my travelcard to get to work or buy food for the month. I just wondered what my rights were because obviously i am in a state about how i am going to live this month. He said they cannot refund my money but just curious if the bank can do anything? Any help is appreciated thanks x

Let your bank know that they have stolen this money.. and let the local police know they have stolen this money.

Your bank will probably say there is nothing they can do but if you report it as a crime (which it is) then you are covered. The banks own 'fraud prevention squad' should have detected multiple transactions from the same card.

Get your bank account changed immediately as their machine may attempt to take money again.

Ok thanks, i will go in there at lunch. What do i say to them? Shall I say I have paying them each month or just say they have taken money and i don't need to explain that i know who they are? Sorry for so many questions but i am bit clueless on this, will they say that it is ok because they have my card details? Or is it still illegal because i never said they could take the money? thanks x

Tell them the money has been illegally taken in lots of small amounts, that should have alerted the banks fraud protection policy.

Also tell them that you need to exercise the 'Right of Aprobation' so that you have enough funds to live on and pay your ESSENTIAL bills.

This is a non-priority debt and now you need to go to the local CAB to let them know what is happening.

Then you put a report on the Consumer Direct website to complain about Cash Genie.

Let your bank know that they have stolen this money.. and let the local police know they have stolen this money.

Your bank will probably say there is nothing they can do but if you report it as a crime (which it is) then you are covered. The banks own 'fraud prevention squad' should have detected multiple transactions from the same card.

Get your bank account changed immediately as their machine may attempt to take money again.

It would be nice to see the banks respond in the right way. The problem is with the terms and conditions of the loan that lets them take what they want. Would take some proving to play the theft card when you have willingly handed over your card details. However it still stinks :mad: