• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

My beautiful Border Collie

pompeyfaith
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4951 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings One and All

Just had a lovely day out with my Border Collie her name is Ella and she is nearly 6 yrs old.

As a few of you will know she has had a rough last 6 mths due to being run over, but due to the excellent care from our local vets and an orthopaedic vets in wiltshire she is well on the mend

It has cost nearly £5000 but thanks to petplan all those costs have been made by them.

I cannot stipulate how important pet insurance is not only does it get you the best treatment and care available but also as in our case you never know when you are going to need it.

Today she was able to have a good run off the lead as her leg is now strong enough to take it and boy did she enjoy that.

Border Collies are so intelligent that she knows and is grateful for the care given her so much so that she got a best pet of the month award from our vets.

She was given a big bag of hills pet food some toys a certificate and some chicken tooth paste and brush.

They said that she has been though so much but has always been good natured and has got used to us and appears to enjoy visiting us.

She now does not have a left knee joint as the tendons where to damaged so they had to fuse the two bones together but it does not affect her at all as I found out today she can still outrun my son lol

When she lays on here back for a belly rub it is quiet funny as she has one leg pointing straight up and one leg bent at the knee.

She is loved so much by me and my family we are grateful to have her back.

Regards

PF

P1000671_edited-1.jpg

Ella and Vet 2.jpg

Ella Wound.jpg

P1000675_edited-1.jpg

P1000678_edited-1.jpg

Edited by pompeyfaith

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

i had a border collie who was knocked down 10 years ago

i lost him after 15 years

to this day

ive not been able to get another

its just broke my heart

ime glad you did not have to go through that

would not recomend that pain to anyone

Greetings Postggj,

I am sorry to here that, If I did not have that insurance Ella would not be here today because I just could not afford the cost.

Dogs are so special to us all they should all be insured.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

PF, glad to hear that Ella has gotten over her trauma.Borfer Collies are lovely animals, and as you say, so intelligent.

We used to have a border collie that we had from my Stepson when his first marriage broke down.

Her name was Polo, but she died a few years ago of old age.

(Picture needs to be rotated).

Polo 1.jpg

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Greetings Rooster,

She is lovely I have this soft spot for border collies hehe so much so that I know all 8 in my local area lol.

Ella is a bit of a star now as a lot of dog owners around here have seen the photos and the story in our vets.

I am going to send them to pet plan with my thanks as they have been brilliant and always paid the vet promptly.

PF

I'd sell my arse on the street corner if thats what it took to save my boy's life! If anyone still wanted me lol. Thankfully, I find it less stressful to have him insured.

I know all about it postggj - but I just think you have to accept from day one they just ain;t going to live as long as you, and they are going to break your heart one day and the best cure is another one straight away.

You can never replace your best friend, each one is a special individual, made out of our own mould, but what you can do is give a rescue dog a chance. I mean the wonderful chance that the friend you just lost had. I wish I had a pound for everyone who told me they couldn't possibly have another one, then found that actually, they NEEDED a new friend!

But each to their own and I know it hurts when it comes time.

I'm so pleased about your beautiful border pompeyfaith. They are my top dog, but sadly sometimes they are misunderstood and then you get the problems! But hey ho, then you get fools like me willing to take them on and sort them out! Very rewarding and a great heart healer.

Well after almost losing our own Border Collie Cordie at the start of the year, I know how worrying it is when they are ill!

We didnt have insurance as she is diabetic and it was through vet negligence(case still ongoing), our own vet has been wonderful and all following treatment has been free of charge.

She is now going blind with cataracts due to the diabetes and we are on the search for a companion for her, and it will be another border we get.

Mazbck,

Have you tried here:

Border Collie Trust GB

PF

God!!! PF, my heart sank when I read your thread title :rolleyes:

So glad Ella's good and well :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Jackieandwayne,

Yes they truly are a wonderful breed, and you are right they have many ways of communicating with us if you study them hard enough like I have they really are like a book and their commands are really quite clear.

I have a little soft-back book that explains what all there movements mean its really interesting.

PF

Hi PF. I felt the same as Maroondevo, but am so pleased your Ella is doing well. We only have a Cavalier King Charles, but he's special to us. We had a lovely run on the beach, or rather he did and it's a real pleasure.

And yes, he's insured. I wouldn't be without that reassurance. I'm very pleased yours worked out the way it should.

HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

Maroondevo,

Hehe she is beautiful though.

ella 006.jpg

Maroondevo,

Hehe she is beautiful though.

;) Cant argue with that :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Honeybee13,

Thank You King Charles are a beautiful breed too yes the beach is a nice place to take dogs.

Im not sure where you are but on southern beaches there are bye-laws so can only go there off season.

PF

Maroondevo,

Thank you yes I am very privileged and lucky to have her.

She keeps me sane and helps me remember there are more important things in life.

and for that I am grateful

PF

On and if I come back as a dog in my second life ill be happy as that will do me lol.

plus doggy can't read :-). Only joking......

Hehe good defence i wonder if that would stand up in court

PF:)

Hi PF:)

I'm so pleased to hear that Ella is back to full strength after her ordeal and I'm not surprised to hear that she won the vet's prize!

I too was worried when I saw your thread title, fearing the worst for her and was so glad to see it was good news you were reporting and it was lovely to see the greatp piccie of her with the nurse!

She's a gorgeous dog and is very lucky to have owners who love her and look after her so well. We have three cats - two persians (Phoebe and Nellie - that's Phoebe in my avatar) and a domestic long hair (Archie) - and dread the day that we lose any of them. Our DLH Archie is 10 now - I've had many cats over the years but have never had one survive past 8 years before now and although 10 isn't that old for a cat (plus he's still as playful as a kitten), I get very concerned if he doesn't show up for his dinner and always make sure he's indoors safely at night. Fortunately it's very quiet where we live now compared to Southsea where we used to live - sadly two of our previous cats were knocked over and killed on the roads there. Our two persians are house cats, so at least I always know their whereabouts, which is one consolation!

I agree about coming back as a dog or a cat - I often say to Mr L that I'd like to come back as a cat - although he then reminds me I'd have to wash myself with my tongue, which isn't such a pleasant prospect :shock:

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

It's always good news to hear of any animal's recovery.

Unfortunately we could do nothing to help our border collie, Polo, when she died. It was just old age. (picture in post #4).

But thankfully, she died peacefully in her sleep, so we know that she felt no stress or pain as she slipped away.

For her whole life she was well cared for and loved and, as intelligent as they are, she knew it.

R.I.P. Polo.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Indeed R.I.P Polo and all the animals that bring happiness to us immortal humans.

as intelligent as they are, she knew it.

Your very right there quite amazing too.

Rooster I'm glad that she had a happy and fulfilled life and indeed that she did not suffer.

I'm sure you have many many good memories that cannot be taken away.

PF

• 1 month later...

Hi pompey,

Just had a glance through your thread, and I'm so pleased Ella is OK.

It really is hard, and as you say insurance these days is a MUST have.

In my work I see people scraping the pennies together for their pets. Thankfully the vets here are quite lax with their fees and only charge nominal amounts to people who really can't afford it. Mind you, they are both quite old and oldfashioned.One doesn't even address the owners direct, but only commicates via the animals LOL.

My BC is 6yrs old and has,thankfully,never had any proplems healthwise.

She was a member of a Flyball team and was doing really well until she was about 2, when she discovered that she was a sheepdog and her role was to round everyone up, including all the dogs in our team as well as opposing teams LOL. Didn't go down too well so we had to withdraw her.Great loss to the team as she is so fast.

Anyways, hope Ella continues to make a full recovery.

Regards

Molly:)

Molly Thanks for finding this thread and your kind words ella is doing fantastic she is also 6yrs old her birthday is the 4th July which is american independance day lol as you know border collies are so intellegent and she amazes me everyday so loyal too Regards PF

LOL Molly I know exactly what you mean by finding you have a natural herder in your home! Here you go, Taz taught me a new trick this week - mum throws the ball, Taz pretends to go for it, then doubles back behind mum's legs and barks and nips until mum runs and gets the ball! Only once towards the end of the walk each time, but it is deliberate and calculated and it matters not what I say to him - he laughs at me - and all border collie owners will know what I mean by that! People even stop to watch and laugh at poor old mum tearing down the field after a ball being egged on by a border collie! I ought really to stop him doing it because it can lead to aggression in problem dogs, but I can't help it, its so funny and one of the little quirks I'll allow him to keep!

He'd be excellent at flyball, I know he would, sadly he's not the best around other dogs (even after rehabbing) and has to take his time to get to know them. I think he'd eliminate his team by teeth and then start on the competitors!