• Tweets

• The site has a drop down for different postal services, implying the exclusions are based on the service you use, yet when you select different services the exclusions appear to remain the same, and certainly in the case of Parcelforce do not tally with the cover included by Parcelforce.   My P2G account still shows the declaration I made.
    • Finally go  a little time to myself, so knocked the defence from your given examples. How does it look?   1.The claim is for the sum of £882.53 due by the Defendant under the CCA 1974 for a Shop Direct account with the account ref of ********************    2.The Defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required by the agreement and a Default notice was served under s.87(1) of the CCA 1974 which has not been complied with.   3.The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 08/01/18, notice of which has been given to the defendant.   4.The claim includes statutory interest under S.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these proceedings in the sum of £70.60 - The claimant claims the sum of £953.13   #####Defence######   The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.   1. Paragraph 1 is denied. Whilst it is admitted I have held various catalogue agreements in the past, I have no recollection of ever entering into an agreement with Shop Direct and do not recognise the specific account number or recollect any outstanding debt and have therefore requested clarification by way of a CPR 31.14 and section 78 request pursuant to The Consumer Credit Act 1974.   2. Paragraph 2 is denied I have not been served with a Default Notice pursuant to sec87(1) the Consumer Credit Act 1974. They have sent an alleged copy dated 28th Jan 2018 from my cpr31.14 request. this is the first time I have seen this letter.   3. Paragraph 3 is denied. I am unaware of a legal assignment or Notice of Assignment pursuant to the Law and Property Act 1925 Section 136(1)   4. On receipt of this claim form I, the Defendant, sent a request by way of a section 78 pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974, for a copy of the agreement, the Claimant has yet to comply and remains in default of the said request.   5. A further request made via CPR 31.14 to the claimant’s solicitor, requesting disclosure of documents on which the Claimant is basing their claim. The claimant has not complied.   6. It is therefore not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:   a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement and; b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for and; c) show the nature of the breach and evidence by way of a Default Notice pursuant to sec 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim   7. As per Civil Procedure 16.5 it is expected that the claimants prove the allegation that the money is owed   8. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.   If you think it's okay, I'll get it put in today.    Thank you for all your help on this. 
    • Is there a defence against the argument Royal Mail say there is no contract, and they are immune from tort and therefore cannot be sued?    
    • what was the defaulted date? no nothing to do with the court case
  • Our picks

suzieblooz

Can anyone translate this?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3399 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Over the last 24 hours I have had a number I do not know ringing my mobile. When I answer they only say hello then hang up. I don't answer it now, but they have rang 32 times so far. I sent a text saying it was a wrong number and to stop ringing. It's a foreign number, and I got a text back which I don't understand. I'm hoping someone will be able to translate it. I know the easiest thing is to get a new sim, but I'm hoping it'll stop.

Text message says: Azam.nasr eaho macnhr.

Suzi

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

I've tried all the translators on google and none of them comes up with anything.

Give Legalpickle a pm and ask him as a human might be able to shed some light on it.

What is the phone number it comes from, that might help in narrowing down the language.

Hi Suzi

I would not have responded to it. I would have ignored it. If it persisted then you could talk to your network provider to put a block on it.

Doing a Google translate turns up nothing, It seems to think it's Turkish though.

I would speak to your network provider and see what they say. Let's hope you have not agreed to them sending you texts at some stupid rate.

Let us know what the network provider says please.

Good luck

Google the telephone number see if anyone else has posted anywhere.

Flyingdr

Cheers, I've tried google too and it came up with nothing. Luckily it's a pay as you go phone. I've checked my balance and it's as it should be. The number is +9647708366616. I've put it on my reject list, but it's worrying me where they got my number from. Think I'm just going to have to get a new sim card.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

FYI +964 is the country code for Iraq

Thanks for all your info. Definitely do not know anyone in Iraq. But am getting a new sim card tomorrow as another text came through, in English, but I'm not repeating it on here!!!:eek: Not answering the texts or the calls, and the new sim will stop it.

Cheers for all the help x

probably a con

the idea being that you are so intrigued you respond to it and get charged a fortune in call charges

Those are people's names. Persian names, (Iraqi) if my memory serves me correctly.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

If my advice has been helpful, please show your gratitude by taking a moment to click on the star icon on the bottom strip of my post

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

download the CAG toolbar

Guest wino

SNOW WHITE PETROLEUM JELLY,Iran,SNOW WHITE PETROLEUM JELLY ...

Contact Name, azam nasr. Address, no 40,mehrabad street,esfahan,iran. Country : Iran Postal Code : 03112601762. This member's information has NOT been ...

www.trademart.in/product-YSPPJP160_nozhanpolymerco.html - Cached

I found this have you placed a job lot order for vasaline by any chance???:)

my wife and I used vaseline a lot when we were younger- when we had sex!

we put it on the door handles and it stopped the kids opening the bedroom door!!

• Confused 1

Guest wino
:)