Complaint re. furniture company....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok....

Spent yesterday afternoon drafting up and emailing an itemised 2 pager of issues to a furniture company and will send the original by rec. delivery tomorrow.

Issue 1:

The dressing table arrived with no glass top. There should have been one and it could have been left in the delivery van by mistake. We will see. :cool:

Issue 2:

There are 2 wardrobes, but only 1 key. There should be another key. :(

Issue 3:

The chest of drawers is wonky, but not disastrously so. I could live with it but am bringing it to their attention anyway. :cool:

Issue 4:

The wardrobe measurements in their catalogue are way out! These are the measurements I went by, so the 2 wardrobes cannot be placed where I wanted them to go (far too big). The spec. on the website is correct but the depth is wrong in the catalogue AND on the website! Can people not calculate any more or what?!:evil: I've got around this problem and placed them in the room in a different way but due to their size, it means that the writing desk that is still on order and yet to be delivered cannot possibly fit in the room now (whatsoever :mad:) and I'll need to change it.

Issue 5:

I'll need to change the writing desk!

Issue 6:

The wardrobes arrived with too bl**dy great wooden bases screwed into the legs.:evil: This was not discoverd until the packaging had been removed and the drivers had gone (as with everything else) and I have no way of removing them without being squashed beneath the wardrobes :eek:... and, I'm reluctant to get anyone else to try in case they have an accident/ damage the wardrobes and I'm left with no comeback.... :evil:

B*gger!!! :evil:

Why can't life ever be straightforward?!

I'll keep you posted on this one....

I "know" what they're going to try and say re. the wooden bases...

"You should have asked for the white glove service"

Why the h*ll would I pay extra for something when my measurements are corrrect, there are no stairs to get the furniture up and I'm capable of removing packaging and placing the furniture myself?

:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

**Update**

The "missing" glass top was left in the delivery van by mistake and should be with me this week... :)

A key for the 2nd wardrobe will be sent out by 1st class post tomorrow... :)

The chest of drawers will be replaced with no problems.... :)

They have apologised for the discrepancy in their wardrobe measurements and offered a small refund to compensate me.... :eek:... which was an unexpected result... :D

They have agreed to change the order for the writing desk with no

problems... and, they have also agreed to remove the nasty blocks of wood that are screwed into the bottom of the wardrobes.... at no extra charge. :)

Amazing what a strongly worded letter sometimes achieves.... ;)

Hi Priority,

Nice one !! Good to see they are capable of dealing with problems effectively.

:cool:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

credit to the company. Can't avoid problems sometimes, it is how you deal with the problems that counts.

Totally agree.... I spoke to the manager on the 'phone yesterday and he even confirmed details of our conversation in an email.... :)

It's a pity some of the big named stores don't adopt the same attitude. The biggest battle I had was with Comet. It took 7 months before they backed down and I've never shopped there since through principle. Their customer service was/is cack to say the least.... :x

**Update**

Oh dear.... things have gone a bit t*ts up....

The glass top for the dressing table arrived.... but it didn't fit!! :mad:

I'm still waiting for the 2nd key! :mad:

They agreed to change the writing desk because their wardrobe measurements were wrong, but that still left the issue of the bl**dy great wooden bases screwed into the legs of the wardrobes.:evil: They said they'd send someone round to remove the boards but I'd need to be there.... but I couldn't take a day off work so wasn't able to be home.

Sooooooo..... I decided to remove them myself (with help). It took 7 hours!!:mad:.... because the bl**dy screws were bent and bashed in so that they were impossible to remove with a screwdriver and had to be dug out with a Stanley knife and a claw hammer!

The screws had already scratched my floor when the wardrobes arrived because they weren't flush with the wooden boards.... but the company are trying to bypass this issue and focus upon the fact that I removed the boards myself and as such, they cannot be held responsible for any internal damage to my home. I knew that I was risking this kind of reaction but was bl**dy sick of seeing them there and even if they had have sent someone to remove them, he couldn't have done it by himself because the wardrobes are so heavy.... so it's a weak argument, but one that they've leaped upon anyway.

In reality, I can repair the damage to my floor. However, my bugbear is that I was never told these boards would be on the bottom of the wardrobes, was left to get on with it until I raised it as an issue AND that the screws weren't even flush with the wood anyway! :mad:

Initially, they promised a refund of £75 (due their measurements being wrong). I was willing to accept this and close the matter down but the fiasco I had removing the boards as left me fuming!!

All advice gratefully received....

Hi P1,

Did you take photos of the wooden base with the protruding screws before you removed them.

I think, when you decided to remove the base yourself, you denied them the opportunity to remedy it for you.

The only recourse you have is for damage to your floor (assuming they sort the key and glass issues) which you say is not so bad.

Get them to sort the outstanding points and move on. It sounds to me like it's really not worth pursuing.

:)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi P1,

Did you take photos of the wooden base with the protruding screws before you removed them.

I think, when you decided to remove the base yourself, you denied them the opportunity to remedy it for you.

The only recourse you have is for damage to your floor (assuming they sort the key and glass issues) which you say is not so bad.

Get them to sort the outstanding points and move on. It sounds to me like it's really not worth pursuing.

:)

Thanks for replying Slick,

I took photos of the screws through the boards when they were off, but not the heads protruding from the boards when they were still on. The screws were very badly bent after being being bashed onto the bases and I have photos of how they looked poking through the boards and also, resting on the side.

It was an impulsive move on my part to remove the boards myself and I know I denied them the opportuity to put that right. However, my argument was that they shouldn't have left me to get on with it knowing how heavy this furniture is (they've said themselves that it is extremely heavy). This order was placed at the beginning of February and it's turning into a never-ending story for one reason or another... :mad:

Time will tell if they refund the £75 (which was due their measurements being wrong), replace the glass and send me a 2nd key. They really do need to get their act together though... :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

This company is REALLY starting to p*ss me off now! :mad:

I am still waiting for the 2nd wardrobe key.

I am still waiting for the £75 that was promised 'coz their wardrobe measurements were wrong.

I am still waiting for the replacement dressing table (which should arrive this week)...

... and so far, there's been no mention of the refund for having to order a smaller (and cheaper) writing desk due the inaccuracy of their wardrobe measurements.

They've had my money since early Feb.... with a max. wait (stated on the website) of 8-12 weeks.... and that's without all the headaches I've had.

I've emailed them this morning for the last time. Failure to respond will see me going somewhere with this. :mad:

Hi P1,

So, after a promising start, it looks like you may need to take court action after all. :mad:

:cool:

Received the £75 at last! :rolleyes:... with a promise that a further £75 has been credited today for the smaller writing desk. I'll check that one out in a few days.... :cool:

Still chasing the key, which they said was sent out on the 27th (much later than what they were originally going to do anyway)... but hasn't arrived.

Surprise, surprise! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Further £75 refunded..... 2nd key received!! :rolleyes:

Still waiting on a replacement dressing table and writing desk..... so have just emailed to say unless they can fulfil the order in the next 14 days, I'll have no alternative but to seek redress through the County Court for a refund of all monies due, plus costs.... blah, blah....

I really don't have time for all this sh*t.... :mad:

Ok... here we go...

Well, they didn't like the idea of court. They've refunded the cost of the writing desk and the replacement dressing table should be with me next week.

If it isn't... or it's faulty, then I'll need a refund for that as well and they'll need to come and pick it up.

Shoddy bl**dy company!! :mad:

What a flippn' kerfuffle.

;)

Thanks for that as I was actually looking at that company after my fiasco!

OMG!! Don't place an order with them :eek:.... they are the worst company I have EVER dealt with in my life!!! :mad:

If/when they finally deliver the dressing table and take the faulty one away, I plan to get the writing desk from somewhere else.... but I'm considering cancelling the dressing table and emailing for a refund anyway.... 'coz they've said it's gone to the couriers but there's been no 'phone call this week.

:mad:

OMG!!!! Still no dressing table!!!! :mad:

Following my last email, they assured me it was already with the couriers and they were planning to deliver today. No 'phone call from the couriers.... no dressing table!!! :mad:

So.... I've now drafted up a complaint to TS, demanded a full refund and they can either send someone to pick the faulty one up or, I'll keep the faulty one and pay for someone to cut the glass to fit properly.... with the refund!

:-x :-x :-x :-x

I spoke to someone today who's just started up a company selling the same type of furniture and she's doubtful that this outfit have any quality control at all.... as if they did, the boards would have been removed from the bottom of the wardrobes, the key wouldn't have been missing and the glass would have fitted on top of the dressing table....

Sounds like they can't be *rsed to unwrap the items and check.... they're just sent out as/when they arrive from the manufacturer....

:-x

Edited by PriorityOne