ESA - Help and advice needed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4778 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you very much again antone Appreciated

just one more query? Re- Reconsideration,revision or superseding

of a decision(this a copy from job centre plus),from mountain of

papers recieved few days ago.

I personally have never asked/applied for this,but according to

papers, it states i Applied on 11feb,reconsideration 30march,

Notified to customer on30march on form/ietter DR1.(I was not

Notified,untii few days ago)

meant to put (30-march date in earlier,unsure/scared),but as is

say first time i have seen,(we are in May now?)

Is this Normal ,thanks again antone,anybody else,advice/help

" Appreciated "

Keep asking" Questions"

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much again antone Appreciated

just one more query? Re- Reconsideration,revision or superseding

of a decision(this a copy from job centre plus),from mountain of

papers recieved few days ago.

I personally have never asked/applied for this,but according to

papers, it states i Applied on 11feb,reconsideration 30march,

Notified to customer on30march on form/ietter DR1.(I was not

Notified,untii few days ago)

meant to put (30-march date in earlier,unsure/scared),but as is

say first time i have seen,(we are in May now?)

Is this Normal ,thanks again antone,anybody else,advice/help

" Appreciated "

Keep asking" Questions"

When you appeal against a decision, the first thing that happens is that your request is referred back to the Decision Makers at the DWP. A DM will look at your case, and see if the decision you are appealing is so obviously wrong that it can be changed without the need for a full appeals tribunal. Appeals are expensive and a hassle, so if it's simply a case of the DM who decided against you having a bad day then it would be easiest for all concerned if one could be avoided.

This is a "reconsideration", or a request for supercession of a decision, and it would seem that this is what your papers are referring to. Since you've appealed, a reconsideration will have been done.

It can only work in your favour, really. If the reconsideration decision is adverse to you, then it goes on to the tribunal.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

For give my ignorance,but dont the tribunial(when you finally get it)

take into account where you Live? Journey/travel etc

can some one Please "clarify"

Thanks

Ummmm here I go again! No the reference was to Hadenough who I note lives in Preston - very close to where I originate from - just a polite question about the 'homeland'.

Mind you I do spend an awful amount of time up there staying close to Preston, when I go to the hospital for appointments/outpatients/procedures etc., it would possibly suit to have the appointment with the Tribunal up there instead of Kent!!!

Hi, sorry i've not replied earlier but haed a couple of days away. I've ni idea how long they're taking, although when i first saw welfare rights he said that he was going to appeals that week with claims from 8 months before, and that it would be somewhere between 10 or 12 months now:eek:. That was in feb. Looks like i'm in for a long wait.

Rbs £114 + contractual at 29.84% I won total=£125 no laughing it's a win

Don't moan about it DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT :D

Bundle of papers recieved recently,not all evidence included(By the By)

TODAY,

Recieved letter from "tribunals service",dated 26 may,14 days to

complete takes me up to 9 June(due in hospital the 6 June)

question

Can i give evidence to tribunal service that was not included in my "bundle" of papers recently sent,plus can i also send extra ,INFO/

EVIDENCE ?

The office dealing with this is Copthall house,9 The pavement

sutton,surreys SM1 1DA,but on the prepaid response letter the

post code is SM1 1BD(any Signifcance)?

letter also "states", We aim to hear 75% of all appeals within 16 weeks of the date of receipt at the tribunals service, (so thats October then)

what then i am all better,and just supposed to forget all about it

I dont think so keep asking questions, "I will be"

Thank you ALL hap e ham r

The postal address is where mail will be sent but is not the address where processing takes place - that explains the different post codes. The aiming to hear 75% of appeals - this is when they would hope to hear your appeal by, but they won't necesserily be able to hear it within this time frame, which just means a longer wait. It doesn't mean they won't hear it.

You can send in extra evidence if it relates to your condition from the date you claimed up until the date the original decision was made. Anything after that timeframe they won't consider - though there is nothing to stop you sending it in.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

If any one wants to know anything about the actual "Enquiry Form"

that was sent(be more than happy to help,maybe be a bit slow

computers not my Thing,,,

anyway much more "brighter",and able people better to "advise"

but i will TRY/HELP as much as i can

Hi when you send anything ring and make sure that they have forwarded it to your tribunal. Sutton lost mine even though I sent it to be signed for. I had to get to my tribunal early and present my evidence. Luckily they had time to read it and I won.

I'm hoping it's not too long a wait for you.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

On the letter recieved it suggest that i will have my appeal at

Bexleyheath south london(not far from where i live) Good.ok

so why does it state the office dealing with my appeal is

1 address SM1 1DA,but the prepaid response letter ,

states 2 address SM1 1BD?(place got to send it back to?)

This also got me thinking...(when i got my "bundle"of paperwork recently) it came from Belfast bdc job centre plus,plaza building 31-41

chichester street BT1 4JD (according to letter)

But, the "Envelope", the "bundle"of paper work

ADDRESS was DWP

PO BOX 585 BELFAST BT1 1DW?

Why different addresses,and why different post code to where you send,

all IMPORTANT tribunal info/medical evidence....

just something "niggling" me about what kelcou said reguarding

extra/additional evidence can be submitted

sorry if i am mistaken (Sincere apologies),but when theirs doubts

you can only "ask,

hello cbbc, cheers erika

Yes - submit everything you have.

Hi happyhamr,

Yes, you can submit evidence up until 7 days before the actual tribunal. However, it needs to be relevant to the claim up until ESA was stopped by JCP ...

Best wishes

Rae

A very big "THANK YOU" to

Kelcou and Erika :), happy hamr

im not sure what i did ,but i got a smiley face.

usually the computer says NO.

In the "dark ages" anything technical "cheers"

On the letter recieved it suggest that i will have my appeal at

Bexleyheath south london(not far from where i live) Good.ok

so why does it state the office dealing with my appeal is

1 address SM1 1DA,but the prepaid response letter ,

states 2 address SM1 1BD?(place got to send it back to?)

This also got me thinking...(when i got my "bundle"of paperwork recently) it came from Belfast bdc job centre plus,plaza building 31-41

chichester street BT1 4JD (according to letter)

But, the "Envelope", the "bundle"of paper work

ADDRESS was DWP

PO BOX 585 BELFAST BT1 1DW?

Why different addresses,and why different post code to where you send,

all IMPORTANT tribunal info/medical evidence....

The incoming mail addresses for government offices are often not the same as the physical street address of the building. Most mail is opened at secure facilities operated by Royal Mail. This certainly applies to DWP. Also, the address you see on the back of DWP envelopes is basically a "dead letter office" in Belfast. As far as I know, it's the same on most DWP letters from anywhere in the UK.

I'm not sure about the Tribunals Service, which isn't part of the DWP, but they probably have central mail handling arrangements of their own, and the address that receives mail isn't necessarily the address where appeals are actually heard.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thank you,once again antone much "Appreciated"

I will keep "ploding" on (just like most)

big THANK YOU to Everybody,helping,advising,supporting any way

that they can.

Keep "FIGHTING" people

I phoned Tribunal service yesterday(Sutton),0208 6522300 they

,informed me i should send Equiry form/info/evidence,to post code SM1 1DA.

On "prepaid" envelope, states SM1 1BD,(whatever)

TODAY, phoned again,0208 6522300 , i in informed tri/bunal service i was sending Enquiry form/info/ evidence by way of recorded delivery to,

(SMI 1DA),

"thats fine", (they said) ,OK,everything good, (hopefull it gets signed tomorrow)

question. on my recorded delivery reciept

ADDRESS VALIDATED? N

"pretty unreassured" by this,has had similar problems through this whole process:::

WHY is address not "validated", even though on the letter and enquiry form ,it states " the office dealing with your appeal is "

The tribunals service,copthall house,9 the pavement,

grove road sutton, surrey SM1 1DA

appologies for "going on",(but smells fishy to me,past Expirencies......),hopefully, signed, recieved,and acknowledged tomorrow. also i seem to recall cbbc having "troubles", with (tribunal/recorded stuff) " going for lay down now"

Phoned tribunal service today(sutton,surrey, sm1 1da)0208 652 2300.

was informed that my enquiry form/letter/evidence had been recieved

"very pleased about this",because i am due to go in hospital on monday

the 7 of june for my operation.(not knowing,would not of been ideal)

just glad the tribunal service now know my wishes,and that i want a

"oral" hearing.

even when my "actual" hearing does finally happen,whether it is UPHELD

or NOT, I just feel people(genuinely,ill,sick,mentally/physically),should

"NOT" have go through this , "TORTURE",(fiasco,farce,whatever you want

to call it.) Its just so "frustrating",and "unacceptable", (WRONG..)

Where has all the "Compassion",Understanding and "Commonsense

gone? keep "Battling" people (Dunkirk "SPIRIT"),hapehamr.

where has all

recieved letter 3june,stating that my operation was going to be monday

7 june,previously said 6 june(just wanted to clarify)

just got a call from hospital confirming this,but i did put on enquiry form ,

6/7of june (so thats ok)

sorry,just getting a bit "anxious", about OP,getting closer...

calm,chill....ok now:)

I would like to say a "Big" thankyou to everybody on this forum for all the

help/ support,and advice given..

keep up the "GREAT" WORK,as Kelcou would say

Up the "Revolution",,,,,,,,,,happy:)hamr

All the best with your medical procedure.

Here's one thing I learned from my time as an ESA processor: a lot of people seem to assume there is some sort of organised assault on benefit claimants, and that the staff of the various government departments involved are actively trying to deny claims. This is absolutely not the case: it makes no difference to the processor whether or not a benefit is paid.

So the address issue, well, I respectfully advise that you don't get too hung up about this. It's procedural and logistical, not an intentional plan to lose your mail.

• Haha 1

Thank you once again antone, "appreciated"

possibley making me a bit paranoid,just want to get better(is that to much

to ask)

LOADS of people alot more ,ill,sicker than me, but some times we

ALL need a bit of help to get back on track.

keep "Plug in On,,,,,,,,and...on People., hap ee am r:)

Hi everybody,just off to my girlfriends brothers ,he is not far from

hospital.(staying the night)

Operation tomorrow,,

thanks everybody, see you all soon

CHEERS, happy hammer:)

Best wishes for tomorrow, will be thinking of you!