Pro Tech Traffic Management, of Newcastle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

One day we'll join Scotland in banning these low-life slime balls.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Sorry Rooster, I suspect we'll get legitimisation of these slime-balls if the Daily Mail gets its way.

We've already had part 1 - the PSI Act and the SIA (another bleeding quango) foisted on us.

I would love things to go down the Scottish route but I don't think it will happen. :mad:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 1 month later...

Was ripped off by the same unsavoury character yesterday. I am furious as the signage is very poor and could in no way be described as adequate. There is no signage on entry or anywhere around the fencing. Only an extremely small sign on a brick wallat the back of the carpark placed in an extremely high position. Intend to take this further with photographs as feel have very much been mislead. However, have been unable to find a company address. Pro tech character is SIA registered but no record at BPA or Companies House. Any ideas please?

Was ripped off by the same unsavoury character yesterday. I am furious as the signage is very poor and could in no way be described as adequate. There is no signage on entry or anywhere around the fencing. Only an extremely small sign on a brick wallat the back of the carpark placed in an extremely high position. Intend to take this further with photographs as feel have very much been mislead. However, have been unable to find a company address. Pro tech character is SIA registered but no record at BPA or Companies House. Any ideas please?

Find out who employs the clamper. Management company, landowner. Read the clamping guide in the stickies section. Go after the clamper and the landowner.

Get plenty of photos to support your case. Clamping is dependent on signage.

You could also try Trading Standards - they may have a file open on this outfit.

Chances are that this is a sole trader operation so they don't necessarily have to be registered at Companies House.

Why not contact the journalist who broke the story and see if they can't offer you a lead. There is an e-mail link on the article.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has the SiA given you a contact address?

Told me they couldn't give out any further info other than that registered. Pretty sure one man band as his mobile number on signage. Will try journalist via e-mail address but not looking good without an address according to tading standards. Thanks

If only this were TRUE !!

I was sent the following today which CONFIRMS that Scotland is once again allowing CLAMPS to be applied to vehicles !!

A very sad day indeed.....

NSL - News

If only this were TRUE !!

I was sent the following today which CONFIRMS that Scotland is once again allowing CLAMPS to be applied to vehicles !!

A very sad day indeed.....

NSL - News

That was always the case in Scotland. Clamping by private parking companies is still banned, but I understand that clamping by official bodies, such as the police or council, has always been allowed.

Around 100 drivers in the Capital currently have around 20 or more outstanding tickets, depriving the council of more than £100,000 in lost revenue.

I thought parking fines weren't supposed to be "revenue raising"?

• 5 months later...
I wish the newspapers would stop calling these charges "fines".

i wish people would stop calling these "invoices" charges.........................:whoo:

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have just had my car clamped by protech and did not notice the sign, therefore would like to appeal and go to small claims court. However i cannot find their address the receipt i was given had

Protech Traffic Mgnt

North ST. car park

NE1 8DF

but i cannot confirm this

i was just wondering if any one had their correct address to appeal to

Regards

"Appealing" it will get you no where. The court solution willbe your only chance of gettign anything back. If you do put a court claim in, then make sure you include the landowner as co-defendant because even if you wi, you won't get a penny from the PPC> A landowner has a far greater difficulty in ignoring a court order

thanks for your responce, do you know what is the best way of discovering who the land owner is?

As a last resort you would have to provide a map pinpointing the land and send to Land Registry with a cheque for about £6.00.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS