HSBC Insurance (Ireland) Ltd

thefenz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had a claim go completely pear shaped as the claim handlers (Davies Loss Adjusters - Ealing) dealt with the matter negligently.

The policy was underwritten by Prestige Underwriting Services.

If anyone has one is insured by the above or has a claim being handled by Davies - be very careful. I have caught all 3 lying.

Apparently, some guy named DICKINSON who has a claim going through is experiencing the same problems as me. If anyone know who he is, could you ask him to post a reply to me. I am keen to speak with him.

If anyone else has experienced a problem with the above, please post some more details.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi fenz , welcome to the forum :)

Apparently, some guy named DICKINSON who has a claim going through is experiencing the same problems as me. If anyone know who he is, could you ask him to post a reply to me. I am keen to speak with him.

If anyone else has experienced a problem with the above, please post some more details.

It may help if you also post this on the Insurance site on this forum ..... others on there may be in your position ...... :)

Insurance/Assurance Companies - The Consumer Forums

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Hi - just click on the link I gave you - then scroll up the page till you see 'New Thread' button - click on that - you can copy and paste from this thread ......... come back if you're stuck , mate :)

If you scroll to the bottom you'll find the same button .......:grin:

Edited by johnnymitch
afterthought........

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

• 2 years later...
I've had a claim go completely pear shaped as the claim handlers (Davies Loss Adjusters - Ealing) dealt with the matter negligently.

If anyone has one is insured by the above or has a claim being handled by Davies - be very careful. I have caught all 3 lying.

Me too, please let me know more...!

"Never trust a Loss Adjuster....Ever..."

I've had the same thing with the same two companies!! Prestige sacked Davies Loss Adjusters after 14 months of a botched claim and if they have done the same I would love to hear about it since the legal stuff is about to kick off, cheers Rich

Edited by richard withey

If anyone has any similar information regarding negligence and ineptitude at the hands of Davies Loss Adjusters, Prestige Insurance or HSBC Ireland Ltd, please get in touch, Thank you.

Edited by richard withey
it read wrong...!

• 2 months later...

Thanks

I too have having problems with Davies Loss Adjusters but it's their Cardiff branch. The policy is with Zurich insurance.

Hi, I have sent you a friend request so we can email directly if you need help. I would very much like to hear your situation and can help you with some good advice. Davies Loss Adjusters and all Loss Adjusting Companies are totally unregulated and that fact is this week being raised in the House of Commons by my MP as a direct result of our claim. This is why they are allowed to act so negligently and bypass F.S.A. guidelines which are meant to protect the consumer during the calims process. You are in deep trouble if you are dealing with them and having problems, trust me... Please get in contact and I will forward you some information which will help. Richard

• 4 weeks later...

That's very interesting as I've had my claim delayed by Davies loss adjusters (Cardiff) and they have lied to me too for six months...

No doubt you're all sorted now as it's two years since you posted this. I'm in conversation with Richard Withey and it's thanks to Richard that I managed to get rid of Davies sooner rather than later - as without his advice I might have been tempted to give them a second chance. But Richard has had similar, if not worse, experience of Davies loss adjusters and is well informed about the way Davies do business.

If anyone out there is having problems with Davies loss adjusters... get out as soon as you can. Ask for a different loss adjuster as you will get nowhere with them and they will just try to wear you down and worse...

Speak to Richard Withey, he's very genuine and well informed about how to deal with them.

No Offence but that is why we have threads so that all can see the advice given and NOT have to privately message people..............

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

Hi, Totally none taken, I agree, unfortunatley both our shared circumstances are extreemly complex and we had to network together on this occassion privatley for a while. However, in light your comment, in brief summary:

1/ Loss Adjusting Companies are totally without Regulation from anyone. i.e. They are accountable to no one.

2/ The C.I.L.A. is of no assistance to the consumer when Loss Adjusters act with negligence & are sacked.

3/ The F.S.A & F.S.O. do not regulate Loss Adjusting Companies.

4/ My MP & Consumer Focus have been made aware of this loophole at this time & the Treasury is looking into it.

5/ F.S.A. guidelines intended to protect the consumer are totally bypassed when Loss Adjusting Companies manage claims for Insurers.

6/ In short, Loss Adjusters are activley misleading consumers in conjunction with their pannel firms in order to bypass time consuming, and sometimes, costly regulations such as Health and safety C.D.M. regs, Buildings regs & Listed Buildings Consents. They are also activley misleading consumers as to who should act as the client during claims, which is very important legally when things go wrong.

7/ I am collating evidence of where this happens and it appears to be widespread among several large Loss Adjusting Companies.

Hope this helps, but the bottom line is if a Loss Adjusting Company has you over, currently your only redress is to take costly & lengthy civil action against them. I intend on getting the Loss Adjusting Industry regulated by the new organisation which is taking over from the F.S.A., using my own example as a benchmark as to why regulation is urgently required and should always have been in place.......

I haven't posted 20 times so can't post a link but if you google: Insurance 360 groundbreaking 2010 Loss Adjusters survey, you will find the first ever indipendent survey conducted on Loss Adjusting companies performance. It confirms many key issues and is worth reading if you are unlucky enough to get one of the worst performing Loss Adjusting companies sent to you.

Best wishes all, Richard

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi to All interested claimants,

A rather belated update on my problems with Davies Group in relation to their handling of my insurance claim.

In mid December 2011 I finally moved back into my home. The whole process had taken a full twelve months.

After having refused to have anything more to do with Davies Loss Adjusters (Cardiff), my claim went from strength to strength. The local builders that I myself appointed were overseen by a very good surveyor from Cunningham Lindsey Loss Adjusters - although the actual Loss Adjuster from Cunningham Lindsey was of a similar mindset to the Davies Group of Loss Adjusters. However, I was fortunate to be given a decent and honest surveyor whom I felt (in the main) I could trust.

The work by my own appointed builders was excellent and I am now enjoying my home very much.

Some time after I moved back into my home, I submitted a complaint to my insurer, Zurich, and have since received a heartfelt (or so they say) apology and have given me a courtesy payment of £500 by way of apology. I've accepted this and feel glad to finally draw a line under the whole dreadful experience.

It was so hard to take on both Davies Loss Adjusters and, in part, Zurich Insurance. However, I was in a stronger position to fight my case than most because Saga were my brokers and they did, where possible, fight my corner for me. Although, Saga, it has to be said, appoint insurance companies with disreputable loss adjusters - undoubtedly... Saga are only too aware of the problems that are so endemic within the insurance and loss adjusting industries.

This website, The Consumer Action Group, was an invaluable source of information and moral support to me. Without CAG I would not have met Richard Withey. And without Richard Withey I would not have had the moral support and shared knowledge to take on Davies Loss Adjusters in the way that I did.

Thank you Consumer Action Group and thank you Richard Withey.

Agnettio

• 8 months later...

We do not encourage the sharing of personal contact information even if we had it. Richard has not been on the forum since November of last year. I am sure he will receive notification of your post and respond if he is able.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Donald, Just picked up your message. How can I help? I can only email you my details on this site when you have posted more than 15 times, so for now it may be worth opening a dialogue on this forum to allow this to happen if it's required. Best wishes Richard.

If you have suffered a financial loss due to the activities of your insurer and/or loss adjuster, take your complaint

to the Financial Ombudsman when you have finished the complaints procedure of the insurer.

Provided the loss adjuster was sent to you on behalf of your insurer, the insurer is responsible for any financial loss associated with your claim!!

Our insurer formerly UK Underwriters (currently trading as UK General Insurance Ltd) offered us £1352 as compensation for the losses we suffered in the poor handling of our subsidence claim.

The loss adjusters were Crawford and Co.

We felt the amount did not reflect our loss and so took our case to the Financial Ombudsman.

So after a hard fought case where our insurer got the ABI to lobby on it's behalf, and which lasted almost 4 years (IT ENDED IN JULY 2012), we were awarded a formula which when calculated we would expect to be in excess of £100,000.

Plus £3750 for distress and inconvenience!!!

That is the good bit. The bad bit is we are still awaiting payment and are hoping that the FOS will make them see sense before enforcement action.

If you want to read our story go to the "FOS problems" website and you will find it.

Meant to also add.

Keep all copies of any correspondece and tape all phone calls with the insurer or loss adjusters.

Try to communicate by email because everything is dated and timed!

Check all qualifications of people prescribing building repairs to your home. (We employed a private detective!!! The loss adjuster sent an ex pub landlady with no relevant qualifications.) THIS IS known as FRAUD . (Insurers are quick enough to shout fraud when it is the insured trying to pull a fast one!!)

If Richard Withey is out there, we would love to be in contact with you.