Tax Credits advice

pojo81
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long story... I was expecting my weekly payment of CTC to be paid in on Friday (due on Monday's but due to be paid on Friday due to bank holiday) but it didnt arrive.

So come 8am I rang up & spoke to a man who said that payment had been suspended as post had been returned to them that was addressed to my husband (even though we received the joint letter requesting us to renew over the phone on the new test system).

I confirmed that my husband & I do live together & was told that payments would be reinstated. I was advised to ring on Tuesday once the system had updated to see when I would receive my payment.

I rang earlier today as I've been fretting over this & have had to cancel DD & standing orders so as I dont go overdrawn & get bank charges etc. I was told again that the computer needs to update itself

Has this happened to anyone else & how long did it take to receive payment?

Thanks.

Long story... I was expecting my weekly payment of CTC to be paid in on Friday (due on Monday's but due to be paid on Friday due to bank holiday) but it didnt arrive.

So come 8am I rang up & spoke to a man who said that payment had been suspended as post had been returned to them that was addressed to my husband (even though we received the joint letter requesting us to renew over the phone on the new test system).

I confirmed that my husband & I do live together & was told that payments would be reinstated. I was advised to ring on Tuesday once the system had updated to see when I would receive my payment.

I rang earlier today as I've been fretting over this & have had to cancel DD & standing orders so as I dont go overdrawn & get bank charges etc. I was told again that the computer needs to update itself

Has this happened to anyone else & how long did it take to receive payment?

Thanks.

Hi

This is srt of a comon thing withing tax credits due to fraud but also down to royal mail making errors to.

Basically if tax credit mail that is important is sent back to the tax credit office because it couldnt be delivered someone updates the system and the claim is suspended as it thinks you are claiming by fraud.

Basically you and your partner will get a joint letter each and by the looks of it one of them did not arrive and was returned which makes the tax crdit system think you are not living togeather anymore.

Basically you and your partner would both need to phone the tax credit department and confirm you both are living togeather and confirm your address you may be asked to go to your local office to prove this.

Once the sytem is updated and correctly holds the information the system will then restart your claim. Normally this takes 48 hours but in some rare occasions may take longer due to some system error.

Your payment I am affraid will not be paid for another few more days after that.

If you think you will suffer hardship due to this error you may be able to get an emergancy payment but I can not gaurentee that as its been a while since I have updated my self on the latest tax credits rules.

Apologies for any spelling and grammer mistakes as I am typing fast :)

I hope this help and someone more upto date may clarify this for you.

Thanks Dragon2020,

Just wanted to add that I confirmed that we are living together at the same address & asked if they wanted to speak to my husband who was sat in front of me & they said no as it was a joint claim & they were happy for me to confirm things. Is that right???

Thanks Dragon2020,

Just wanted to add that I confirmed that we are living together at the same address & asked if they wanted to speak to my husband who was sat in front of me & they said no as it was a joint claim & they were happy for me to confirm things. Is that right???

It should be ok as it looks like it was just a mailing error.

I would advise you to ring up on tuesday and ask if your payments have been reinstated, hopefully your payment schedule will be updated and show you payment date.