dla help for baby please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my daughter 5 months old has atopic eczema on both legs both arms face belly hands which shes had lots of diffrent creams for and bath stuff she also has a milk allergy so is on neocate milk from doctors ands food i have to watch everything in them i was told i can apply for dla but where do i start please help many thanks

To claim DLA, the person must have had a disability which requires assistance with care or mobility needs for at least three months, and be expected to have it for at least another 6 months. For a child, it needs to be demonstrated that the help they require are significantly in excess of the help another child of the same age and sex who doesn't have a disability would require.

It may be helpful to get an advisory service such as CAB or Welfare Rights to help with the application form as you will see from the link below they are long and labarious to complete. Rather than complete the application form in the link, I would advise contacting DLA on 08457 123456 to request a form; they will stamp the form twice: one date with the date they sent it out and one date for the date it should be returned by (usually 6 weeks later). If it is received back within that 6 weeks, any award you get will be backdated to the first date stamp on the claim. If you don't do it this way, or return the form after the second date stamp, any award will only be backdated to the date they receive the completed application form.

DLA decision maker's disability handbook

DLA Decision Maker's guide

Application form

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)