*** Let's Start Fighting Back - With 1p Cheques ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came to see what was happening here since I had had a quick glance when it first started, and was suprised to see having 8 pages now. Looking back just a bit, it seems quite a lot is just trading insults, so not going to bother reading the whole thing.

Just one small point for the sake of precision: Someone can be out of a thread for quite a long time and still show as being there at the bottom. It's due to refresh rates, and in fact if someone doesn't log out, their "trace" could be there long after they've gone.

I personally don't know -nor care- whether anyone was in fact lurking or not, but just thought I'd add this little piece of info. ;-)

Yes bookworm, I started this new thread as the old one got full of stupid and repetative questions by Fred & co. Then he went off in a strop so I figured I'd start a new one to remove the junk.

However, Fred & co have simply come back and still post drivel.

The refresh rate is quite quick and the other giveaway is the little green blob next to the scales that shows Fred was still online, and that refreshes pretty much instantly.

Anyhow, I will check with the RM if the freepost address is still valid and if so, it's off to the post office with a concrete block being sent asking them to accept it as payment for 1p on the account. Cost to them should be over £10 so that's a 1000x loss on the penny or more if they don't accept it, write back and/or return the item.

Time for a cuppa now.

No, you misunderstand me. The refresh on the forum, it is NOT quick, never has been, and the "ghost" can linger on for quite a while. Time and again have I had friends on MSN saying "what are you still doing up on CAG at this time?" when I had gone to bed hours previous, lol.

The green blob shows the person is on the forum yes, but not necessarily looking at the thread you're on. In fact, if they had 2 CAG windows open, they could be showing on one when they are in fact doing something else on another thread.

Believe me, don't believe me, up to you, just thought I'd mention it. ;-)

Yes, I understood you. So angry cat may not have been on this thread even if his name was showing at the bottom but 'are we there yet' Fred was still online (green blob) despite claiming to go to bed.

Anyway, I'm sure they'll both be back and want to post a few more pics and silly questions. I don't think they can themselves so I won't hold it against them.

All are welcome to read & post, I just don't see the point in going off in a strop and coming back within 24/48 hrs and posting or preteneding to have gone off to bed.

Each to their own..............

Edit:

BTW Bookworm, your ghost is not showing as on this thread. Which is why I figured refresh rates were quick as I see names pop up and drop off quickly as and when they pop in and go off to other thread.

Have asked them to remove default, they've refused. Not explained the penny cheques to them, just checking to see if they received them (as I didn't ay postage) and if they are cashing them (which they did with the first batch).

Homer, when are you going to tell them why you are sending 1p cheques? I mean dca's are thick at the best of times and asking them to be clairvoyant is abit to much :D

Hi Nagasis, I'll be sending them a covering letter with the block thanking them for paying the postage & recorded delivery fee for the last two batches and highlighting how it has already lost them money and how I will continue my method until I get my way.

Will let you know but it will probably be today if I can find a spare box big enough for the block.

This thread keeps being reported so it has now been moved to the Bear Garden.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Why?........What have we ever done to you???????

:D

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Where's Homer then? Perhaps he's too busy writing cheques to get on here. Did anyone notice that Homer seemed to appear just as 'Don Sidwell' disappeared? Could they be one and the same?

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

OI! Hexscuse me but my name's sake isn't a dumping ground for stoopid threads :p

Evening BB. You've lost me there I'm afraid.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

The BEAR garden!:)

Of course - silly me!

I actually liked the small cheques idea for the charge for not paying by DD. Send 10 cheques off per month for odd amounts that total your bill and make them truely earn that "administrative fee"!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Just came to see what was happening here since I had had a quick glance when it first started, and was suprised to see having 8 pages now. Looking back just a bit, it seems quite a lot is just trading insults, so not going to bother reading the whole thing.

Why?........What have we ever done to you???????

:D

Homer, you have done nothing to me.. but as Bookie has pointed out, this has descended into another insult trading exercise.

Site team were getting quite a few "reported posts" so it was decided to move you into the Bear Garden to prevent CAGbot getting involved.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 months later...
Guest malissa7999

I think this has been extremely unfair to move this post to the bear garden and extremely insulting too.

I read all the posts even on the previous thread, i can see both sides of point of views, however people were not respecting what Homer was trying to share with us, he repeatedly mentioned in several posts that he was aware of the 6 yr rule but he chooses not to wait 6 years, this is his choice only and people should resepct this not try to cause conflict through their posts.

I sincerely hope Homer has success with his method, I have an overdraft with Halifax for £1878 majority which are bank charges, and will now be using the same 1p cheque method to repay Halifax, I will also be monitoring my credit file to ensure Halifax are processing accurate data.

Its a shame that others resorted to insults rather than showing support and understanding whether or not they think it is a right choice.

personaly if i was Homer i would wait for the 6yr rule, but i understand Homer dosnt wish to wait 6yrs and this is what i appreciate, just what a shame others couldnt see it this way too.

I am interested to hear from Homer how things are going and wish him all the best and every success.

I actually liked the small cheques idea for the charge for not paying by DD. Send 10 cheques off per month for odd amounts that total your bill and make them truely earn that "administrative fee"!

then they will bank each cheque over a ten day period thus creating a charge to your goodself not a bright idea ,u meant well...lol

Data protection: Commission requests UK to strengthen powers of national data protection authority, as required by EU law

The European Commission has requested the UK to strengthen the powers of its data protection authority so that it complies with the EU's Data Protection Directive. The Commission request takes the form of a reasoned opinion – the second stage under EU infringement procedures. In the UK, national data rules are curtailed in several ways, leaving the standard of protection lower than required under EU rules. The UK now has two months to inform the Commission of measures taken to ensure full compliance with the EU Data Protection Directive.

"Data protection authorities have the crucial and delicate task of protecting the fundamental right to privacy. EU rules require that the work of data protection authorities must not be unbalanced by the slightest hint of legal ambiguity. I will enforce this vigorously," said Vice-President Viviane Reding, Commissioner for Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship. "I urge the UK to change its rules swiftly so that the data protection authority is able to perform its duties with absolute clarity about the rules. Having a watchdog with insufficient powers is like keeping your guard dog tied up in the basement."

The case concerns the implementation of the EU’s 1995 Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC) both in UK law (the Data Protection Act of 199:cool: and its application by UK courts. The Commission has worked with UK authorities to resolve a number of issues, but several remain, notably limitations of the Information Commissioner's Office's powers:

• it cannot monitor whether third countries' data protection is adequate. These assessments should come before international transfers of personal information;
  • It can neither perform random checks on people using or processing personal datalink3.gif, nor enforce penalties following the checks.

Furthermore, courts in the UK can refuse the right to have personal datalink3.gif rectified or erased. The right to compensation for moral damage when personal information is used inappropriately is also restricted.

These powers and rights are protected under the EU Data Protection Directive and must also apply in the UK. As expressed in today’s reasoned opinion, the Commission wants the UK to remedy these and other shortcomings.

Next steps

For more information about the three-stage infringement process, see IP/10/798.

Background

For current statistics on infringements in general, see:

Application of EU law - Infringements of EU law

For more information

Justice and Home Affairs Newsroom:

Justice and Home Affairs - Newsroom

Homepage of Viviane Reding, Vice-President and Commissioner for Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship:

Vice-President Viviane Reding - European Commission - Viviane Reding

Well, the update is I thought I'd have even more fun than just sending 1p cheques.

See, first off, I found their freepost address. Then I send them a complete cheque book (25 cheques) of 1p each in seperate envelopes. So at a cost of about 35p per freepost envelope, it's going to cost them 35x more than anything they ever receive off me.

However, I thought I'd have even more fun than that, so I didn't sign or date any of the cheques. So they sent them back to me by recorded delivery (most cost to them) so I just dated them but didn't sign them and sent them all back (again each in their own freepost envelope) and this has happened a few times. So it's probably cost them over £30 so far and they've not even had 1p cleared from the latest batch which they just keep sending back to me as they are unable to cash them.

However, the latest batch they send back states that they are going to charge me £1 for each cheque under £1.

So what's stopping me sending them a load of £1.01 cheques with no date or signature on them, no charge to me and still going to cost them about £10 a batch in postage.

I have a few more tricks to use on them, but I'll see how long I can drag this out for until they realise that they will NEVER MAKE ANY MONEY FROM ME. In fact, I will ensure that they lose at least 10x the value of the account before they ever get it from me. If they have ANY business sense, they'll realise what I am doing and cut their losses and do what I want. After all, they're the ones that want to continue to report this on my credit file forever, so I'm happy to keep messing them about until the day I die.

then they will bank each cheque over a ten day period thus creating a charge to your goodself not a bright idea ,u meant well...lol

Data protection: Commission requests UK to strengthen powers of national data protection authority, as required by EU law

The European Commission has requested the UK to strengthen the powers of its data protection authority so that it complies with the EU's Data Protection Directive. The Commission request takes the form of a reasoned opinion – the second stage under EU infringement procedures. In the UK, national data rules are curtailed in several ways, leaving the standard of protection lower than required under EU rules. The UK now has two months to inform the Commission of measures taken to ensure full compliance with the EU Data Protection Directive.

"Data protection authorities have the crucial and delicate task of protecting the fundamental right to privacy. EU rules require that the work of data protection authorities must not be unbalanced by the slightest hint of legal ambiguity. I will enforce this vigorously," said Vice-President Viviane Reding, Commissioner for Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship. "I urge the UK to change its rules swiftly so that the data protection authority is able to perform its duties with absolute clarity about the rules. Having a watchdog with insufficient powers is like keeping your guard dog tied up in the basement."

The case concerns the implementation of the EU’s 1995 Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC) both in UK law (the Data Protection Act of 199:cool: and its application by UK courts. The Commission has worked with UK authorities to resolve a number of issues, but several remain, notably limitations of the Information Commissioner's Office's powers:

• it cannot monitor whether third countries' data protection is adequate. These assessments should come before international transfers of personal information;
  • It can neither perform random checks on people using or processing personal datalink3.gif, nor enforce penalties following the checks.

Furthermore, courts in the UK can refuse the right to have personal datalink3.gif rectified or erased. The right to compensation for moral damage when personal information is used inappropriately is also restricted.

These powers and rights are protected under the EU Data Protection Directive and must also apply in the UK. As expressed in today’s reasoned opinion, the Commission wants the UK to remedy these and other shortcomings.

Next steps

For more information about the three-stage infringement process, see IP/10/798.

Background

For current statistics on infringements in general, see:

Application of EU law - Infringements of EU law

For more information

Justice and Home Affairs Newsroom:

Justice and Home Affairs - Newsroom

Homepage of Viviane Reding, Vice-President and Commissioner for Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship:

Vice-President Viviane Reding - European Commission - Viviane Reding

I didn't mean send after your bill, more send 9 cheques totaling your minimum line rental during the month, then the final cheque to cover the remaining balance when they send you your bill (or 10 cheques during the month and use online banking if you have the facility to pay off the remaining balance at the end) but if it costs 15p for them to administer a cheque you have broken even and they've earned the fee.

Any errors leading to a charge you should make an official complaint. Use their own bureaucracy against them. Ask for it in writing that they guarantee they'll not charge you for paying late, OR wipe the fee for paying by other means from your account forever or send a deadlock letter so you can complain to the arbitrators (for telecoms companies this costs them quite a bit of money!)

I've wangled TalkTalk to give me free paper bill and wipe the DD fee, so I'm OK at the moment, but if I change suppliers, I'll be getting myself into a position to not pay them their silly fees!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

it might be better to send the cheques to freinds and if everyone else does this it would mount up....just thinking about it has given me an idea why dont we post on FACEBOOK that everyone who has a cheque book to send ten or more cheques to freinds of 1 pence in value just to show the banks how angry we are with thier obviscating policies and charges...?

Intriguing! I look forward to it Homer!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar