*** Let's Start Fighting Back - With 1p Cheques ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst on your 1p crusade Homer, you might just as well slip a cheque from a third party into one of your batches with full details of the account and a declaration on the back that this cheque is only to be accepted and cashed as full and final settlement of the debt.

It might be noticed and returned to you but keep slipping it in to every batch and sooner or later it might slip through.

Probably not the most sensible of attempts to clear a debt but certainly no more eccentric than your scheme!

If cashed you'd really have something to crow [or bleat] about.

Thanks middenmess, I did this about sending one unsigned cheque per batch as the cost to return it or write to tell me about it, or even a phone call would mean that they were out of pocket.

Was also thinking of writting another letter along with the batch to another of my creditors offering full settlement of say £14k just to wind them up when they see a cheque that large but not for them.

Not to worry, I've got some concrete blocks from a wall I knocked down so they'll be getting one of those sent on Tuesday as my offer as full settlement of the account. If they do not accept it, I would like them to return it, and these things are very bloody heavy! :D

Edit:

Sorry, only just got your point about full & final cheque per batch. Saldy, this sort of full & final settlement does not work, even if they do cash it. They have to agree to it, usually beforehand in writing.

Edited by Mr_Homer_J_Simpson

Quite simply TO WASTE THEIR MONEY.

For all those that missed it the other dozen times:

ANY PAYMENT I MAKE WILL COST THEM MORE THAN THE PAYMENT THEY GET

NET RESULT = THEY ARE OUT OF POCKET.

If that's not clear enough for everyone, tough. I'm not bothering replying to stupid questions anymore.............

I have read through this thread and the other one with growing incredulity, why would you want to do this strange time consuming thing?

And now you want to sent them a breeze block or something :eek:

How on earth can one send a concrete block or, breeze block under a FREEPOST standard licence, that allows only for letters/documents weighing up to 100 grams?

Time to call in the men wearing white coats!

For paying them ? (albeit in the most uneconomical way for them)

No for sending items that could be construed as threatening. It's only a small step from receiving a breeze block in the mail to envisaging it being flung through a window. You're on very dodgy ground and really need to find something else to do with your life.

Also I've just been looking at your reasoning again and why should they remove the default? You haven't denied the debt so it is yours. Just because they can't provide an agreement doesn't mean that the debt has vanished, it just means that it is unenforcable, any default applied before you asked for the CCA is still valid.

How on earth can one send a concrete block or, breeze block under a FREEPOST standard licence, that allows only for letters/documents weighing up to 100 grams?

ftp://ftp.royalmail.com/Downloads/public/cmwalk/doc/active/doc28600005/Checking%20Costs%20Tariff%202010.pdf

No for sending items that could be construed as threatening. It's only a small step from receiving a breeze block in the mail to envisaging it being flung through a window. You're on very dodgy ground and really need to find something else to do with your life.

The block is not a thread, it's an offer of payment which will be stated in the enclosed letter. I can value the block at 1p and they can decide to accept or return it.

I love how you all hate the idea so much you can't help but keep a keen eye on this thread and respond keeping it right at the top of the forum.

Thanks.

You'd only bump it up to the top anyway Homer.... :lol:.... such is the self-obsession.

What time did you post on here this morning... 7.15am?

Hilarious... !!:lol:

The result will be this:

"Please be aware that our FREEPOST address is no longer operational due to sustained abuse and illegal activity..."

Also, if you send heavy items RM will not process.

People like you make me despair; rolleyes.

The result will be this:

"Please be aware that our FREEPOST address is no longer operational due to sustained abuse and illegal activity..."

Also, if you send heavy items RM will not process.

People like you make me despair; rolleyes.

As I've already show you via their OWN DOCUMENTS RM do take large items via freepost and charge quite a nice sum to the recipient to.

Decent members on here get enough flack from DCA's!

Feeling sure that they would not wish to be judged alongside some crazy person who, intends sending bricks through the post and;

by FREEPOST...Astonishing.