*** Let's Start Fighting Back - With 1p Cheques ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yaaawwwn.................

Your above comment, say's it all;

some people cannot be told!

However, follow your foolish route but you will be sorry.

Don't say that, you were not warned!

:rolleyes::lol:

At least there's now a great big RED WARNING in post one now....

Much better...

See you can read when you try..........even if you had to get to post 29 first...........

Who has registered the default on your CF? citi or Hillesdon?

Have you checked your credit file to find out?

Will check & come back to you later today.

See you can read when you try..........even if you had to get to post 29 first...........

Pwahahahahahahahha!!!! :lol:

So childish Homer.... the warning was added much, much later... as we all know. Tut tut... :cool::D

My view is that Tony Locke will not remove the default from your credit file. He is tenacious and may give up on the debt eventually but the default will remain.

Does he give much of a fight before giving up Pinky?

I have recently written/replied to him about MBNA selling my account to him unlawfully.

Sorry Homer, not meaning to hijack!

My view is that Tony Locke will not remove the default from your credit file. He is tenacious and may give up on the debt eventually but the default will remain.

Agree!

These debt purchasing firms will NOT remove defaults and the CRA's are also reluctant.

The only avenue to take is; if there is a valid a genuine dispute re: the account and/or, the information being processed is innacurate, then one can make a formal complaint to the ICO.

First step though, is to write to the CRA's to set the ball in motion, next step log enlist the ICO.

:

The ‘sale’ or assignment of debts on defaulted accounts

52 When the rights to a debt are sold to a third party, the lender has to make sure the records with the credit reference agency are accurate, up to date and adequate. If they want information about the debts to continue on the credit reference file they will need to come to an agreement with the purchaser about who is to be responsible for this.

53 If the purchaser agrees to take control of the record, the customer should be informed that the debt has been sold or assigned and to whom. The credit reference agency file should be changed to show the name of the purchaser and that the rights to the debt have been sold or assigned. The purchaser should then make sure the record is kept up to date including changes to the amount still owed. The purchase should not affect how long the record is kept. It should be removed six years after the default.

54 Where the purchaser of the debt does not agree to take control of the record, the original lender, and at least in part the credit reference agency, will remain responsible if the original record is kept on the file. When the debt is sold or assigned, the customer will no longer owe any money to the original lender. If the record is not removed, the sale or assignment should be recorded and the balance should be shown as

Version 3 Defaults: A guidance note

02.08. 2007

zero. The customer should still be told who the debt has been sold or assigned to.

Information Commissioner

Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF

Telephone: 01625 545 700

Helpline: 08456 30 60 60

01625 54 57 45

Fax: 01625 524510"

Was the debt formally assigned to Hillesden?

Are they "the Creditor"?

If they are the assignee, is the assignment, absolute or, equitable?

Homer - you are being very rude to long term and experienced posters who give up their time to help others. Please treat all posters with respect and accept that they may not agree with you.

Homer - you are being very rude to long term and experienced posters who give up their time to help others. Please treat all posters with respect and accept that they may not agree with you.

Funny, I've not seen much help, but one of them does decide to be argumentative for the sake of it.

Edited by Mr_Homer_J_Simpson

Just looking through paperwork and Citi bank defaulted, then assigned the account to Hillesden.

then its citi that needs to remove the default not hillesden.

Don't know, how would I be able to tell ?

you should have got a notice of assignment. From looking at the letter you received from hillesden regarding no cca it looks like hillesden are only collecting on behalf of citi as they state 'their client'. 'If' this is the case then hillesden will simply send the account back to citi if you cause them grief.

I think in any case you need to get citi to remove the default as they defaulted you not hillesden.

Just thinking outloud... Have you asked hillesden or citi to remove the default or told them why you are sending 1p cheques ?

Love to see the Hillesdens opening the mail and seeing all the cheques.

Not actually sure why no one has understood what homer is up to.

30 x cheques for 1p each = 30p

30 x cheques cashed at bank at 44p each cheque = £13.20

So each time home pays 30p off his account Hillesden have to pay out £13

I'm pretty sure they will get fed up before he does and well before 6 years.

Not sure they will remove the data off the credit file but may close the account so not costing them more money to collect it.

Keep us posted homer as Halifax are going to get the same from me, charged me £60 for 2 failed debits and now have BOS after me.

1p cheques to cover that amount will cost them plenty more at 44p each cheque cashed.

George

• Haha 1

That's a very old letter but can't get scanner working to put new ones up.

Checked credit file and although Citibank defaulted me, the default is showing as Hillesden.

Also, looking at my CCA request to both Citi & Hillesden, Citi wrote back saying no longer under contractual relationship with me as this ended when they assigned to Hillesden. So it's just Hillesden by the looks of things.

Have asked them to remove default, they've refused. Not explained the penny cheques to them, just checking to see if they received them (as I didn't ay postage) and if they are cashing them (which they did with the first batch).

I'll make it more interesting with my third batch sent via their freepost address with some heavy items to make my point and will explain how I've already cost them more than they'll ever get from me and how I intend to continue to do so.