hfo, sent photo of my house.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need help urgently please.

Last week i got a call from someone who i could barely understand and found to be very impolite so i put the phone down on him. He has been phoning me at least a dozen times a day from a mobile phone (ive got caller id) Now he has sent a letter demanding money i owe to Barclaycard (i dont deny the fact) which i think is a lot more than i originally owed, also a photocopy of my house and a photocopy of my experian credit report with the barclaycard debt highlighted. I feel very threatened by the photo of my house (which belongs to the council so i dont know why he sent a photocopy of it) and very vunerable when i am on my own. Does it mean hes watching me? Please help me urgently, i am at my wits end, very frightened and having sleepless nights. What should i do?

• Haha 1

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello and Welcome,

I'll move this thread to a more appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

It's likely the photo is from Google Streetview. I'd b tempted to write to HFO enclosing copies of what they sent you, and demand to know why they are in breach of Office of Fair Trading guidelines. Also ask for a copy of their complaint's procedure. Also a complaint to the OFT in these circumstances is a good idea, as HFO are harassing you.

You can send them the "Harassment by Telphone" template from the forum template library. Also send them the "Prove I owe anything" letter in a seperate envelope.

Can you post what they have sent? Remove any personal details first. Then we can advise you on what to do when they respond to your complaint and prove it letter.

You are under no legal obligation to speak to them on the phone. If they call. Just say, "In writing only please." And hang up. Also if anyone turns up on your doorstep, refuse to speak to them and lock the door. If they don't leave, call the police and tell them someone is on your property, and as you're on your own and they are using threatening and intimidating bahaviour, you'd like an officer to attend and remove them.

Always remember that DCA's are not bailiffs, and have no more rights than the postman or paperboy when it comes to knocking on your door. If asked to leave, then they should do so.

• Haha 1

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Yes as fuzzybobble says, don't deal with them in ANY form other than writting.

A good tip when they call and ask to go through security is to refuse to go through security. If they ask why just tell them as it is "becuase if I don't confirm my details and you continue to discuss this account you will be in breach of the Data Protection Act for which you will be personally liable as well as the company you work for, bye"

They have a lot less power than you think, in fact they tend to only have as much power as we allow them (or a court if it get's that far).

Have you asked them for a copy of the agreement ?

I would make a point od demanding to know why there is a photo of your house sent through. If they are stupid enough to admit they use this tactic to scare people they will be shooting themselves in the foot.

Make sure you complain to the OFT about the photo regardless of what reason they give (or more likley don't give).

Good Grief!

After the Bank Holiday, telephone Consumer Direct in order to make a complaint about this firm

Consumer Direct, is the consumer arm of the Office of Fair Trading;

ask them to log your complaint and pass it on to the OFT statistics. They will also put you in touch with your local Trading Standards, who should take up the matter for you.

It would also appear that, this is a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998;

there is a complaint form on the ICO website.

It is unlikely to be HFO ringing you from mobile number, it will be some ****** field agent they have farmed it out to.

Having said that HFO are responsible for the actions of their 3rd party collectors.

This is blatant intimidation and should be reported.

I cant make out what the letter says as it too small to read

HFO are well out of order here. You MUST report them and as you feel vulnerable take their letter to your local CAB and see if they can do anything.

Sending a photo of your house is really naff, it doesnt prove they are watching you, Googleimages have pics of all the streets which are about 2 years old... I would also wait until the elections and take this claptrap to your local MP and demand action against this type of intimidation.

You could also send it to Watchdog and to Tony Heatherington of the Daily Mail.

• Haha 1

Remove your personal details you have left account number and amount owing

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

The pic of where I live on google was done last year. There is a bush my neighbour planted last summer in their garden, and also the car they sold just before christmas.

Send them the "Prove it letter" letter first. They can have as many pics as they like of your house, but without a CCA they're stuffed anyway.

Also if the Barclaycard was first taken out before 2007, then it's unlikely that they can produce an enforceable CCA anyway. I've yet to see anything from Barclaycard that is eforceable pre 2007.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

You need to send that letter to trading standards, they are investigating this company, it sounds as if they are operating offshore from the poor level of grammar in the letter.

I also believe that this company are hiding in India now and using outsourced workers to call people. They really do need to be reported via Consumer Direct as well.

Thankyou everyone for your help, i really dont know what im doing. I keep forgetting its bank holiday, im at work tonight and im really tired. Must get ready now but please keep sending your replies, will look again tomorrow

what letters do i need to send to them, ive never heard from Barclaycard for years. The experian credit report says default date 05/01/2007 and default balance $1,983, current balance $2,001 and HFO balance $2,795.36. There seems to be a big difference in figures (I cant find the pound sign) Which one is the real balance because i do owe barclaycard money and wiling to come to an arrangement and pay it off but not to HFO - id never heard of them

How nice, they want to help!

A picture of your house? what will these people try next

As said, complain to OFT, Trading Standards and CAB (anyone else you can think of as well!)

I have a stack of letters from worthless cretins like this shower, they threaten everything and do nothing because they are powerless without a court order (and the chances of them getting that on a Barclaycard debt and pretty remote - especially with the help you'd get from all of us)

Pour yourself a nice drink and dont give these idiots a moments worry

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional