Need help to get CCJ Set Aside for Thames Water

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this site and I have to say it is very informative. I urgently need help please.

I recently checked my credit report and found out to my dismay that a CCJ had been taken against me in May 2009. I had no idea which body could have done that because the only information that was shown was the Northampton County Court and case number.

I called them and they told me that the judgement was taken out by Thames Water. I panicked at first but after reading this forum I was given hope.

Firstly, I did not receive any correspondence from Thames Water informing me that I was being taken to court nor was I given the form to respond in order to defend myself.

I did have an outstanding bill with Thames water and I did agree to pay in installments as I had financial difficulties and proved this to Thames Water. They hounded me to pay 28.35 a month stating that was the lowest and because I was on benefits, I fell behind on payments.

I received letters that the debt would be passed on to a collector but none informing me that an order was being taken against me.

In addition to that I moved home after 18 months at my previous apartment and informed Thames Water of my new address to which they even send me bills and they did not notify me of any court order still for outstanding debt at my old address!

I have printed off the N244 form but I want to know what step I should take now, do i query Thames Water about the ccj? or do i just send the form to the court. If so what information do I need to put.

Thankyou