Help with N1 against Currys

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys

Here is the original thread where I asked for help: Click

I wrote to Gary Perryment, the manager in charge of claims. In the same letter I stated that I will give him 14 days to respond before filing an N1. 3rd May 2010 will be the 14th day (Next Monday).

My question is, was it right for me to send the N1 threat to Gary Perryment or should I have written it to Currys?

Do I now send a letter:

-to Gary Perryment saying that I am taking Currys to court?

-to Currys stating I am taking them to court?

-to DSG stating I am taking them to court?

-to coverplan stating I am taking them to court?

-Resend the letter regarding I will file an N1 to a different department?

I am not sure who I should take to court. Is it Currys Dixons? DSG? Coverplan?

Also, do I have to write to them a letter telling them I am taking them to court before filing the N1? :S - Am I suppose to give them time to respond before filing the N1? :S

Any help is appreciated.

Also, can anyone tell me how long does these usually last for as I am going to my year abroad study in Japan in October... I can't have it drag on for too long...

Going through exact same problem as you. My service agreement states "your whatever happens customer support agreement is with DSG Retail Limited" followed by the Hemel Hempstead address HP2 7TG. Therefore, I assume a N1 would be filed in that name.

I'm sending my 'letter before action' tomorrow and I've given them 14 days till 18th May.

Did you put a specific reply by date on your letter or just 14 days? If you put just 14 days, then I would probably wait 14 working days just to be technically right! That way they can't pick at little things later on.

I will write a proper 'letter before action' to DSG Retail limited at the end of the week if I hear nothing. I think that by sending the letter before action to Gary Perryment is useless.

Keep me updated with yours and I will keep you updated with mine! I will fight this all the way! I just find it crazy how they are the inconsistent ones! Laptop engineer says its an accident but the camera repair guys say no... :S