HFO Services/Capital/Turnbull barclaycard debt

vjohn82
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have you been taken to court by HFO Capital/HFO Services/Turnbull Rutherford?

Have you been contacted about a debt or faced legal action from the above companies?

If so please post here the Notice of Assignment (NoA) you received with the details blanked out and any references by the company about the NoA such as a letter/authorative statement/Particulars of Claim/Witness Statement.

Many people are not receiving the NoA's from the original creditor (usually Barclaycard) in a statutory Subject Access Requests.

Due to the sheer number of claims that have been brought to my attention I have a number of questions I need to put to senior people in a few organisations.

Please note this thread is ONLY for HFO Capital/HFO Services/Turnbull Rutherford "victims" to post their Notice of Assignment and, if subject to legal action, the Witness Statement/Particulars of Claim which references the NoA.

This will be a big help!!! Thanks for your support!!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Many people are not receiving the NoA's from the original creditor (usually Barclaycard) in a statutory Subject Access Requests.

You do not need to receive a NOA from the original creditor. You just need to receive written notice of the assignment - it doesn't matter who it's from. See Van Lynn Developments Ltd v Pelias Construction Co Ltd [1968] 3 ALL ER 824

As a result, you will not necessarily get a copy from the original creditor under an SAR as they may not have sent you notice of the assignment

Hi nicklea

I think the point of the thread is the content of the NoA. Of course we know they're issued by HFO, and that is allowable.

However, some of the NoAs issued are, we are finding, incorrect in one or two ways - the date of assignment and the identity of the assignee. See VJ's own thread (link in his posts).

So yes, the focus is on bogus NoAs - not where they originate from.

You do not need to receive a NOA from the original creditor. You just need to receive written notice of the assignment - it doesn't matter who it's from. See Van Lynn Developments Ltd v Pelias Construction Co Ltd [1968] 3 ALL ER 824

As a result, you will not necessarily get a copy from the original creditor under an SAR as they may not have sent you notice of the assignment

This is the point nicklea... I said this:

"Many people are not receiving the NoA's from the original creditor (usually Barclaycard) in a statutory Subject Access Request"

Note I added "SAR" at the end... this is because one particular company are claiming the NoA are originating from the OC when this is not the case. This is proven when people do an SAR and do not receive the NoA within their bundle. With these particular companies this is endemic.

Hi nicklea

I think the point of the thread is the content of the NoA. Of course we know they're issued by HFO, and that is allowable.

However, some of the NoAs issued are, we are finding, incorrect in one or two ways - the date of assignment and the identity of the assignee. See VJ's own thread (link in his posts).

So yes, the focus is on bogus NoAs - not where they originate from.

Exactly... HFO claim Barclaycard issue NoA's when they don't... Barclaycard "think" they are selling to a certain company... but the company issuing the NoA put down a different company on the NoA... this makes the assignment defective and we have to question the motive of the company doing this.

In my case Barlclaycard sold the account to Roxburghe on the 4th May 2006.

HFOS claim that Barclaycard issued an NoA to HFO Capital on the 5th June 2006.

HFO claim that Barclaycard "faxed" a copy to their office proving the assignment for their legal case against me

BUT

The NoA they faxed to HFOS was actually the document I forwarded to them via email... so they never had a copy before I had emailed it.

Therefore... HFOS changed the assignee to suit their claim which is an abuse of process/fraud... whatever.

VJ, should the thread title include HFO Capital, as that's who these NoAs appear to benefit initially?

I thought so but then I no-one ever receives anything "from" HFOC... only HFOS act on their behalf. If people get confused I think it should be changed but it will do for now methinks...

Did you get chance to look at those documents I emailed to you?

You do not need to receive a NOA from the original creditor. You just need to receive written notice of the assignment - it doesn't matter who it's from. See
Van Lynn Developments Ltd v Pelias Construction Co Ltd [1968] 3 ALL ER 824

"What is a sufficient notice of assignment? There are only two or three cases on the subject. There is Stanley v English Fibres Industries, Ltd which was accepted and applied by this court in W F Harrison & Co Ltd v Burke. Those cases show that, if a notice of assignment purports to identify the assignment by giving the date of the assignment--and that date is a wrong date--then the notice is bad. The short ground of those decisions was that the notice with a wrong date was a notice of a non-existing document. Assuming those cases to be correct, they leave open the question whether it is necessary to give the date of the assignment."

Red bit is the important bit... if the date of assignment is bad... then the notice is defective. But if a document does not have a date of assignment then the notice cannot be seen to be "bad" so long as it identifies the assignee correctly...

" It seems to me to be unnecessary that it should give the date of the assignment so long as it makes it plain that there has in fact been an assignment so that the debtor knows to whom he has to pay the debt in the future. After receiving the notice, the debtor will be entitled, of course, to require a sight of the assignment so as to be satisfied that it is valid, and that the assignee can give him a good discharge. But the notice itself is good, even though it gives no date."

If the assignee is incorrect then the notice is bad even without a date...

Unfortunately for HFO the date AND assignee is wrong... and I believe this to be the case for many others. However I need people to post them up ASAP!!!

VJ

You also need to consider the Van Lynn case, which refers to both the earlier cases. In Van Lynn, Denning MR accepted the 'reasonable certainty' test from a much earlier case. He ruled that NOA could come from anyone provided it informed the debtor with 'reasonable certainty' that the debt had been assigned.

The point about HFO's notices is that they purport to come from Barclaycard (and other credit card companies) but do not do so. They are forgeries and thus cannot give any valid notice (following the reasoning in Harrison v Burke).

Further the HFO notices also get the name of the assignee wrong - Sevices/Capital etc.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

The answer to the NOA riddle is simple

HFO Capital is based in the Cayman Islands and as an offshore company CANNOT bring claims in the UK court, either on its own right or under an EEC ruling.

HFO Services is a UK based company (allegedly in West Byfleet) and therefore can bring cases against its clients.

Its a clear case of an offshore company using a UK company to defraud the court system.

Hi VJ, email received and replied to ;)

What a bunch of ***** - they have a death wish...

I particularly like the "committed to an amicable settlement" part. So why apply for a Summary Judgement then based upon the reasons they tried to use during my set aside hearing? Hmmmm... looks like they don't want anything to be revealed in court to me.

This is why I need a number of other legal cases actioned by these muppets so that I can alert the judge to their inconsistent statements on assignment.

I also note that Turnbull Rutherford no longer have their address printed on their letterheads but add it in the word processed document... think they're expecting to move soon?

Who knows? I have a sneaky feeling that HFO will soon be no more... and that Roxburghe will suddenly be the buzzword on the CAG forums.

It will be interesting to see how they novate the accounts to Roxburghe. Roxburghe seem to be taking on an awful lot of HFO work at the moment, and are insisting payments are ONLY made to Roxburghe!

If HFOS and HFOC lose their CC licences, then surely any accounts they 'own' are stuffed? If they novate the accounts in the knowledge that they are either trading insolvently or about to lose their CC, then I think the F word surfaces...

... and my friend at HMR&C is very interested!

:D

It will be interesting to see how they novate the accounts to Roxburghe. Roxburghe seem to be taking on an awful lot of HFO work at the moment, and are insisting payments are ONLY made to Roxburghe!

Probably in the same cack handed manner they already do? Perhaps we are giving them too many lessons in how to assign an account properly?

If HFOS and HFOC lose their CC licences, then surely any accounts they 'own' are stuffed? If they novate the accounts in the knowledge that they are either trading insolvently or about to lose their CC, then I think the F word surfaces...

Indeed

... and my friend at HMR&C is very interested!

I think ALL at HMR&C should be interested to be honest!!!

BA... I think yours is one we could possibly look at... any chance of posting up the WS from TR... and the NoA and a statement from yourself with the quote from Barclaycard that the account was sold on a different date to a different company?

Hope that's not too much trouble?

I PM'ed UK to ask him to look in and to call Barclaycard re his assignment, but haven't heard back from him.

Likewise but no reply, same with his e mail, I do have a copy of his NOA

but I guess we need his OK to post.

VJ I will scan up tomorrow, although they will be on my thread.

MY NOA was Morgan Stanley, UK,s is Barclaycard but near identical.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Date on NOA 1 month out from my screen print from Goldfish, asignee the same HFOC,never had NOA from HFOC to HFOS and we know they asign all debts to HFOS from CP2.

Will try and speak to MS/goldfish/barclaycard tomorrow afternoon.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

VJ

I've got 3 NOAs from TR's for the same assignment from Morgan Stanley before MS sold the business Barclaycard. The first one came from TR's, the second a day later on its own, post marked 'SW19' but the third one is dated a month AFTER they issued the N1 claim. with a different date of assignment. The format for copies 1 & 3 is exactly the same as NOAs from Barclaycard. #2 is different again. All 3 state Capital is the assignee but the claim is in the name of Services. I have a court date (Case Mang Conference?) at the end of Jan, so I want to keep the surprise. As soon as I have finished the court hearing, I'll post up the 3 different versions of the 'same' NOA. It should be very useful for others.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request