HFO Services/Capital/Turnbull barclaycard debt

vjohn82
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4732 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I too have three different versions of the same "Barclaycard" NoA. They were all offered up at different times and sworn as genuine. If they can provide three different versions of one document, who's to say their other documents are reliable? Judge agreed with me on that one ;)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice one Docman...

Essentially anything we have to discredit HFO is going to be useful... even though what we have is pretty conclusive on its own.

I think we might be able to "piggyback" our cases to a certain extent Docman... and really show up HFO/TR!!!

Hi DB, as requested

I had/have an account with M&SMoney. As a result of a Subject Access Request and followup questions from me, M&S informed me that they sold my account to Roxburgh (HFO Services) on 30th May 2008. This was in February this year. At the beginning of April, I received an NoA purporting to have come from M&S - unsigned and posted in SW19 - informing me that my account had been assigned to HFO Capital Ltd on 26th May 2008, and two days later an NoA - with no assigned date - from HFO Services informing me that my account had been sold to HFO Capital Ltd.

For various reasons, which I wont go into right now, M&S recalled the account from HFO, in July, and that is where it stands at the moment.

If you need copies of anything that you think may be of use to you, let me know.

Alan

Hi DB, as requested

I had/have an account with M&SMoney. As a result of a Subject Access Request and followup questions from me, M&S informed me that they sold my account to Roxburgh (HFO Services) on 30th May 2008. This was in February this year. At the beginning of April, I received an NoA purporting to have come from M&S - unsigned and posted in SW19 - informing me that my account had been assigned to HFO Capital Ltd on 26th May 2008, and two days later an NoA - with no assigned date - from HFO Services informing me that my account had been sold to HFO Capital Ltd.

For various reasons, which I wont go into right now, M&S recalled the account from HFO, in July, and that is where it stands at the moment.

If you need copies of anything that you think may be of use to you, let me know.

Alan

Thanks Alan for this information. It sounds directly linked to what we are trying to achieve.

What would be helpful is the following:

1) Any copies of the Notices of Assignment - the date you received a particular company and where it originated from

2) Any written statements from HFO/TR which claim the debt has been sold to a certain company

3) Any other applicable info you think is relevant regarding assignment.

I don't know the full status of your issues with HFO/TR/M&S regarding court action etc... but if you can help in anyway I would appreciate it... and so would many others :-)

The only communication I had with HFO was the "M&S NoA from SW19" and their NoA. They were dated 1st and 3rd April 2009 respectively.

I also had a separate statement from M&S in relation to a series of questions I posed, saying that they had sold the account to Roxburgh on 30th May 2008, yet the "M&S NoA from SW19" gave a date of 26th May 2008.

My issue with M&S is that they only supplied an application which they describe as an application/agreement. They admit that they omitted to sign it, but say that this is only a minor omission that the courts would overlook. However they do not mention the fact that no prescribed terms are within that application/agreement either. They also admitted after several letters from me, that they had not issued a Default Notice prior to terminating the agreement, and selling it on to HFO.

As you can see from the above, I am fairly relaxed about the situation with M&S, and was actually looking forward to dealing with HFO, especially as they obtained a CCJ against me for a Citi card before I found CAG. I am frantically looking around for any NoA's sent on that account, but without success so far.

I will post up the NoA's, and the section of the letter from M&S, later as I am about to go out.

Alan

Nice one BA...

There are now two things I think we need to confirm...

1) Whether HFO are claiming the document was sent by the OC?

2) Whether companies are allowed to use other companies logos when writing legal letters?

As we know assignment can be given under the hand of the assignor or the assignee providing s.196 is met.

Therefore we have to question the motives of HFO in relying upon documents from the OC which they have clearly made up. This is where the Roxburghe issue comes into play!

It's clear to me that the OC's believe accounts are being assigned to Roxburghe but are being misled in some capacity.

Point 1 can be confirmed via Witness Statements etc... I can prove it in my case... can everyone else?

Point 2 needs some investigation

I wrote to companies house and they said it was OK:eek:

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

They said it was ok? What was their reasoning?

The OC gave permision, MY WS point 3 states OC sent me NOA. my letter from companies house contradicts this.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

The OC gave permision, MY WS point 3 states OC sent me NOA. my letter from companies house contradicts this.

This is the tricky bit. It is ok for HFO to send out NoAs on behalf of Barclaycard, using Barclaycard's logo with permission. But to then swear that Barclaycard sent the NoA is a straight fib.

The other big question is what is Barclaycard's liability if HFO send out a document that HFO know is wrong, ie. they have stated the wrong data and wrong assignee? Surely as they have done it with BC's permission, then BC must stand by that statement? Or surely the OC has a duty to ensure the letters sent out are accurate? One of these must apply! Otherwise where's the control in handling our data?

It's all very confusing. I need wine!

It's not confusing really DB... it's just clear that HFO are making monumental cock ups and then applying different lies depending on who decides to defend. They do not need to make up stories for people who do not defend.

They must believe that the NoA must come from the OC... otherwise why make the claim that the the OC originally sent a document that is in contradiction to the data the OC holds on their screen? They are either incompetent or have a very weak grasp of s.136.

No libel of course... I'm sure HFO and TR are completely reputable and disciplined companies who have a firm grasp of the law which, in turn, benefits their "clients"

(which one's the client again???)

My confusion is about the issue that they have permission to send out the NoAs but then deny it... and the role of the OC in this. But I agree, we're giving them too much credit for being intelligent.

That's the bit which is confusing me too... why the hell are the OC's going along with this pondlife?

I think the Barclaycard Debt Collection Team are worried about being added as another party to my counterclaim judging by their recent telephone comments ;-)

That's the bit which is confusing me too... why the hell are the OC's going along with this pondlife?

I think the Barclaycard Debt Collection Team are worried about being added as another party to my counterclaim judging by their recent telephone comments ;-)

I also contacted Morgan Stanleys legal dept and at first they seemed very interested in HFO using their name and the person who contacted me at first thought it was very wrong, within 2 weeks his attitude changed completely and said I had to deal with Goldfish?

I also contacted Morgan Stanleys legal dept and at first they seemed very interested in HFO using their name and the person who contacted me at first thought it was very wrong, within 2 weeks his attitude changed completely and said I had to deal with Goldfish?

The deeds of assignments between Morgan/Barclays and HFOC should comply with the companies act and they never do.I am looking at complaining to companies house on another point so copies of deeds/ sales agreements would be helpful.

VJ I am also going to complain to trading standards can you give me a contact and is it Merton TS.

BA

Did you get WRITTEN confirmation from Companies House that it was OK for HFO to send out letters from the OC? If so, any chance you could post up the wording used?

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

BA

Did you get WRITTEN confirmation from Companies House that it was OK for HFO to send out letters from the OC? If so, any chance you could post up the wording used?

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p350/brokenarrow_08/companies.jpg

The deeds of assignments between Morgan/Barclays and HFOC should comply with the companies act and they never do.I am looking at complaining to companies house on another point so copies of deeds/ sales agreements would be helpful.

VJ I am also going to complain to trading standards can you give me a contact and is it Merton TS.

I just wrote into Consumer Direct via their website and my local branch got in touch...

they then forwarded everything onto Surrey who have a case handler specifically looking into HFO/TR